Kaori Oda solo + collabs (non-YK / non-Sound Horizon)

live vocals from about 18:40 (Kaori Oda, Kahori Asoh, SAK)
Our Kaori Oda really shone when her solo session came up starting around 1:37:19 (though almost going a bit off a few times), but I was kinda impressed by Kahori Asoh's starting lead. Her voice was nice and quite stable pitch-wise, and her control and expressions during the live were cool too. A classic Japanese-style voice in many ways (she's sung in musical theatre - Disney inclusive - for a while). 1:48:34 for a little taste of her pure high soprano harmony goodness (reminiscent of Yuriko/Joelle in terms of purity and cut, sweet)! She was also around 52 years old in the live which I wasn't expecting when I checked her out online.

SAK has sung with Sound Horizon 7.5th or 8.5th Story: Ema Ni Negai Wo! (絵馬に願ひを!) and is a verified vocalist too.

1:56:00 Dance breakout by Kahori! Also unexpected. She got some moves!
2:00:42 For a comparison of Kaori and SAK jumping to a C5 and the differences in vocals.
2:01:30 For a beautiful 2-voice harmony flowing under the lead. They REALLY blended well together. Wow!
2:0437 Unexpected action vocal section. Nice.

They could actually be a unit of quite stable of vocalists. I enjoyed their work together and interaction and colors.

Sorry went into a bit of a rabbit hole not exclusively on Kaori.

Back