Kantan Krusaders (Hyakka and Tombo posting is welcome too)

Kajiura was credited in UBW episode 0, or whatever they called it, hue.

https://forum.canta-per-me.net/attachments/2n1ym10-jpg.2685/
I wonder if they only did that bc it had a different ED sequence so it was easier to include, instead of trying to put it into whatever the main sequence is (though it would seem kinda lazy to not do so) :waa:

Anyway, at least I know she (or other composers) would be credited as "ゲストコンポーザー".

I just sat down and carefully listened to HR instrumental. It's fantastic. I think I prefer it to the normal version. :dote:

I wonder if they only did that bc it had a different ED sequence so it was easier to include, instead of trying to put it into whatever the main sequence is (though it would seem kinda lazy to not do so) :waa:
In this digital age ED credits are usually fully detailed per episode, doesn't matter if it's a unique sequence.

Kantan Katan is one of my favs and is up there with Hikari No Senritsu imo. I have listened to it an unhealthy amount of times and still going to listen to it more. :sohappy:

I hope Kalafina can maintain that quality.

I've grown to like the song despite my reservations about how Wakana/Hikaru sound in the studio version..

This is something I keep coming across where people mention one of the three singers sounding odd in certain songs. Maybe I haven't noticed as I don't listen out for it but what sounds odd with Wakana/Hikaru in studio version of Kantan Katan? I am genuinely curious.

Maybe I haven't noticed as I don't listen out for it but what sounds odd with Wakana/Hikaru in studio version of Kantan Katan? I am genuinely curious.
To me, Hikaru sounds a little like the part in her solo is a little too high for her, but I'm not sure. She sounds especially weird when she sings "reeru no koe ga". And Wakana just sounds kinda nasally in the song in general (granted she often sounds nasally in studio versions recently compared to the live, ITW is a prime example).

To me, Hikaru sounds a little like the part in her solo is a little too high for her, but I'm not sure. She sounds especially weird when she sings "reeru no koe ga".

Now that you mention it she does sing higher then usual on that part.

And Wakana just sounds kinda nasally in the song in general (granted she often sounds nasally in studio versions recently compared to the live, ITW is a prime example).

That is strange. Maybe it is the mastering of the song. On the live blu rays they seem to have a wider dynamic range then studio versions but with it being lives it sounds a little like they are singing in a distance.

For example with FictionJunction Everlasting Songs and Elemental albums they sound much more louder then FictionJunction 2008-2010 album.

This website shows a difference in mastering.
FictionJunction Elemental:
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/86620

Here is FictionJunction 2010-2013 live:
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/90391

Notice how there is a wider dynamic range on the live. I do wonder if this is one of the factors that leads to the nasally sound on studio versions.

I wonder if the reason why the lives have a wider dynamic range is because they try to capture the echoes of the room? I'm just theorizing. No wonder the lives in general just sound more grand then their studio counterparts :XD:

I know Kajiura has been known to mix songs very shallow, so maybe because in lives they try to recreate how it sounded it doesn't have that same shallowness

With any luck the new live blu-ray will have a version of Kantan Katan even better then the studio version. Just a few more weeks. :)

There is no planned live release that includes any of the HR songs. In fact I'm not sure they've even sang Kantan live at all yet.

Hopefully they release blu ray of the early 2018 performance. Gonna be a long wait. :(

Back