Kalafina-tribute performance: 「amethyst」 Summer 2018 Closed Premium LIVE 07.08.2018

Atlas Star

El Cazador de la Yuki
Hi everyone :D As I had announced earlier this year, I recently held a piano/vocal performance with a Kalafina-heavy setlist:

01. amethyst (original track)
02. ring your bell (piano vers.)~ring your bell
03. Yane no Mukou ni (piano vers.)~Natsu no Ringo (piano vers.)
05. musundehiraku (piano vers.)

06. walk to the end (original track)
07. My Immortal (Evanescence cover)
08. Million Reasons (Lady Gaga cover)
09. Halo (Beyonce cover)
10. Kimi ga hikari ni kaeteyuku (piano vers.)
11. sprinter (piano vers.)
12. into the world

13. overture~to the skies (original track)
14. Blue Jeans (Lana Del Rey cover)
15. Alleluia (piano vers.)

You can check out all the tracks on my website here: https://www.briantongmusic.com/amethyst-live-media

Video of tracks 08-12: https://www.briantongmusic.com/amethyst-livevideo

The audio isn't that great... unfortunately only the microphone was recorded and the piano channel was set to zero (don't ask. let's just leave it at that.) so my voice is much louder than piano for the most part.... :(

Anyways... hope you guys enjoy this :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a very brave man to do this alone. Piano is still pretty audible despite the contrast. Unlike lots of fan covers this one isn't riddled with inaccuracies. I can't find much to complain about, respekk.

You're a very brave man to do this alone. Piano is still pretty audible despite the contrast. Unlike lots of fan covers this one isn't riddled with inaccuracies. I can't find much to complain about, respekk.
Took me nine years to muster up the courage to cover Kalafina song in a live setting... felt it was necessary after their disbandment as a tribute.

Thank you for teh respekk!! :D My performance was plagued with mistakes however (ring your bell: end of first chorus "ring your bell and raise your song" i played wrong chord). Sadness.

07. My Immortal (Evanescence cover)
tenor.gif

(After YK-related stuff, Evanescence is probably my favorite group)

Anyway, that is a damn fine setlist. As soon as I'm able to, I'll be sure to listen to those recordings! :goodjob:

Back