Kalafina to perform on Anisong Fantasy Live 2017 at HKong & Singapore on March 10 2017

Haha yep! Just saw the pictures of Keiko and co bending over and reading the banner. And then trying to hold it up for picture taking. So cute!

BTW, anyone noticed that Hikaru sang Sprinter without extending? Like instead of De-aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii its like, de-a-ii. Is it recent or since a while?

Maybe they liked her cutting "kaze ni" in performances of the song and eventually decided to put it on all of the parts. Or Hikaru's voice isn't stable enough to sing those notes without it wavering so she cuts them (even though the note she's singing, F, isn't that low or high; it's right in the middle). I think it sounds good on the piano/acoustic versions, but I'm not sure it would sound good on the full version... I feel like there would just be "kimi to" -guitar- "deai" -guitar-, and so on. If they continue with this they should at least put the echoes from the studio version back in to fill in some of that silence

Didn't have time to check anything before going....TwT. I still worked till 8pm on the night before flying to Singapore...ToT. So nice to meet you guy there! Here is my report. (I'll put other performers' part in the spoiler.)

- Garnidelia live is really nice and entertaining. Have listened to their songs once in a while, but from now on, I'll pay more attention on them :D.

- Elisa is really impressive. Her songs demand so much strength, even she didn't sing some parts of the song (mostly those operatic-like parts). I won't blame her for dropping the power in some parts.

Her chest voice may be not outstanding, but her head voice is super amazing!! <3

- I haven't known Alisa before, but she is a good singer :D. I think Keiko's fans may enjoy her smooth and powerful voice that is different from most of Japanese female singers. Her voice in the recordings sounds more piercing, but it's different in the live performance.

- Luna has improved her singing a lot. Her singing is powerful and stable. I just don't like her falsetto in many songs. I prefer her chest voice though.

- I don't really care for Elisa and Alisa collaboration. Innocent by Garnidelia and Luna is nice. Their voices go really well together.

Sorairo days from all four artist is nice too. When the four singers sing together, Elisa sounds much weaker than the others. I think she really has her own genre.

- All of Aimer's songs are in acoustic version, with only Sakurada on piano. Her live singing is super better than the recording ones. Among all live performers in anisong lives I have attended, her singing is in the different level from the others, the best one!

- Kalafina sang 5 songs: Magia, One Light, Kimi no Gin niwa, Ring your bell and Sprinter!

They came in in that Kimono-like clothes they wore in Budokan live. (At first, I screamed inside to myself...why it must be those clothes!?!) Thanks that they took it off after Magia... They started Ring your bell with the slow version, then changed to the common pace of the song.

The event has their own front band members, Sakurada is the only one who usually works with Kalafina. The guitarist is very good, but for the other instrumental, I feel like something is missing...

It's the first time that I sang along with them...lol. Hikaru's legato is impressive. (So I doubt that Westkana's guess on her unstable legato would be true.) Mostly, the period of time that I and Wakana can hold the note are almost the same, but Hikaru can hold her note much longer and stronger! I've read that she was bad at legato in the early days. I can see how much she has improved. Her singing wasn't much powerful when compared to in her old days, but her harmonization becomes nice. I think she messed up a bit only during the last two songs, but did well in the other part.

Keiko is as stable as always. I always enjoy her powerful solo and chorus here and there in Kalafina's songs. She usually shines so much in Magia bridge, but I think Aimer left too deep impression. So I felt that Magia, which was the first song after Aimer's performance, was lacking something in term of power... But that feeling had gone when time went by.

Wakana did quite good for her standard. Her high notes in Ring your bell is still not that good, but much better than in the Christmas album. I think she messed up during the high note part only a few times and it isn't much outstanding.

The collaboration stage is Believe and that 'very long name song' (Aimer song?) Aimer sounds really great with Keiko. Their voices really go well together. Every one did a good job, but I think Aimer's part and Wakana's part sounds too contrast..@____@. Should be better if only one of them takes the lead for the whole song.

I prefer the other collaboration. Maybe because Wakana and Hikaru take the supporting roles and the leads are Aimer&Keiko whose voices go well together. Keiko had a solo verse and she sang in a very sweet way, really different from her usual one. Wakana did really well in this song. Her high note are very impressive. I think she even did better in this song than in her own songs...^^".

Hi all. Sorry for this being really late, but here's a recording of the live (in Singapore), if anyone's interested: :love:
Do let me know if there's problems with downloading, and once again, sorry for the lateness. :bow:

Just a few things:
- File is MP3, and slightly less than 500MB.
- Kalafina's portion starts around the 2h 29min mark, and their collaboration with Aimer comes right afterwards.
- Order of artiste appearance, if anyone's interested in the rest of the recording: ClariS (music video), GARNiDELiA, ELISA, Takigawa Alisa, Haruna Luna, ELISA x Alisa (collab), Haruna Luna x GARNiDELiA (collab), ELISA x Takigawa Alisa x Haruna Luna x GARNiDELiA (collab), Aimer, Kalafina, Aimer x Kalafina (collab)
- The (not-really-well-shot) photo in the folder is a glimpse of the venue; after taking that photo, I moved to the left side of the 'general admission' area (to join my friend), which was on the rear left side of the VIP rows.
- Speaking of movement, some parts of the recording sound softer, and other parts louder. I did not move from my initial location during the live or adjust the settings on my recorder, so I'm guessing that someone in the mixer box was adjusting the volume from time to time.
- I'm not sure how long I'll keep the recording in my Google Drive for, so if any of you wishes to share a copy with other people (especially further down the road), might be a good idea to upload a copy somewhere else.

Hope this helps, and if a superior recording shows up in the future/if sharing such recordings is disallowed, mods feel free to delete this post. Thanks.

Did they do Magia or Magia [quattro]? I'm asking because Wakana did the harmony on "otogibanashi wo" in the bridge, which she hasn't ever sung in the lives for the quattro version (she did in regular Magia), yet the beginning was from the quattro version.

EDIT: Dat Hikaru english during the MC. It's awesome.

EDIT 2: Anata ni Deawarakereba Kalafina + Aimer = :touched:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the recording omg :chuu:

Boy does Hikaru have an amazing set of lungs. That last 'NEGAIIIIIIIIIIIII' in Magia stretched for an age.

The blaze choruses always still sound a little messy to me, but I suppose it's because it's fast and all three of them are singing at the same time and have to keep up with one another.

Hikaru's English in the MC cleared my skin, lifted my grades, and shed the illness and disease from my body.

I love the short piano version of Ring Your Bell intro more than the original, I think. :love: Would love to hear a full piano or orchestral version one day perhaps. Also is it just me or have they altered the harmonies slightly here and there? They definitely changed Wakana's part of the ending. Did she randomly switch to Yuriko's lines, or did they just change her lines to go higher?

I love sprinter, but I mean...if Aimer was around, OMG they should have done a 4-person collab with her (rather than with believe, maybe). I think she'd do great with Maya's lines.

I've like her songs a lot but I've never heard Aimer live before...her voice is softer/less breathy than it sounds in studio I think. She's really fantastic!

Is that - is that Keiko at the beginning of Anata ni Dea??!?!? If it is, I almost don't recognise her! Who does the 'yeah-yeah's at some point?!?! Was that Hikaru?! Wakana?!?! GODDAMN I love hearing Kalafina in this style?!! Actually would not mind them branching into songs like this.

Now when are you going to come to Australia please...pLEAAAASE omfg

^ Cerise! :sohappy:

That was Keiko, yep! I went kiii~~~:nosebleed: :imdead: at that point.

Who does the 'yeah-yeah's at some point?!?! Was that Hikaru?! Wakana?!?! GODDAMN I love hearing Kalafina in this style?!! Actually would not mind them branching into songs like this.

I think it was both? :confu: At first I thought you were talking about Elisa's oh-oh-oh-oh-oh~ :XD:

Just reading through this reminds me that this was a thing that happened and that I want the chance to see an event like this in the future :touched:. I'd pay a small fortune to see ClariS (even more so if they're actually performing as they've started to do now), Aimer, Garnidelia and Kalafina at the same event. And covering Sorairo Days as well :omgz:. Such a strong lineup.

I will always remember this event. The first concert I attended abroad, the first anisong concert, the first concert with two of my favorite singers in one stage then they collaborated on two songs! *dies a happy man*

I think my ears were hurting because I was constantly exposed to loud and high voices. By the time Kalafina appeared on stage, I kept asking my friend: "do you think their voices are weird? or am I the weird one?" and stuff like that. A few days later I tried to listen to a recording of the event and realized that the girls sounded like usual. That annoyed me quite much, but it didn't change the awe I felt watching these three rocking the stage. It was a contrast to Aimer's performance before them which focused solely on her voice. Just amazing. One day I will attend their solo concert for sure and let my ears go crazt because of their voices. <3

@uta93 welcome, and for most music of anime and other amplified concerts I wear earplugs (thankfully not needed at the Kalafina acoustic live at Sapporo).

@uta93 welcome, and for most music of anime and other amplified concerts I wear earplugs (thankfully not needed at the Kalafina acoustic live at Sapporo).
Thank you. Thanks for the tip too, a lesson learned hard haha. Acoustic live performances will be much safer for the ear.

earplugs are indeed a very good idea :) I also use them at greek marriages because they volume up the music by alot at the postmarriage party ^^;

Back