Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2017「Kalafina “9+ONE”」

I have no words to describe how happy that report made me. THANK YOU! You really made my day :dote:
But now I wish even more a release of this!! PLEASEE!!:comeback:
Nice to hear that Gloria, Ashita no Keshiki and Lacrimosa sounded beautiful!! I was worried about how Wakana would perform them, since her voice has changed a lot since they were recorded. Also, really excited for Samidare and Haru wo Matsu! :sohappy:
I totally agree the encore was a bit strange, specially using Eden as ending (FotW is not bad, tho). And gosh, I agree even more that Blaze, OL, TTB, Magia and Believe are sung way too often, specially when there are so many gorgeous B-sides we rarely get to hear live :cry:I wouldn't mind Red Moon performed that much, tho ~
Once again, thanks for the fantastic report!!

I think with the songs they perform a lot (TTB, believe, HB, RM, Magia, storia, signal, arguably RYB & OL) they need to cut down on. Ongaku's not included because that's more or less always going to be performed. I don't think they should stop outright; having no popular songs is bad in itself, as both fans and non-fans would want to hear them. They should mix it up a little, maybe not have as much of each. Fans would be happy with hearing a song that isn't always performed/doesn't get much attention, while non-fans would be exposed to new songs.

This tracklist is good, because in addition to having songs that have had pretty much zero attention, like Ashita no Keshiki, it also has other songs that have gotten some attention but not much, such as Door (though really this hasnt had any attention since Consolation), Eden, and Lacrimosa. I'm still waiting for progressive, though...

EDIT: Anyone else notice this was regular Magia, not the quattro version?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Maybe it was the quattro but they didnt write it because they always perform quattro since it was out, with the exception of accoustic livves.

I'm always for more songs that don't get played often getting played. These days they seem to at least throw 3-4 or so in per tour that aren't regular, usually a couple of older songs and a couple of b-sides so that's good, at least. Then again, there's some things that seem to never get played at all, songs like Sandpiper, Serenato, Kiichigo, I have a dream etc. I know they have an upbeat chunk in their lives but would it really hurt to mix it up a bit and throw in an Ongaku/Mata Kaze/Destination Unknown/Obbligato combo at some point? Those four back to back would be goddamn perfect. Throw Magnolia in there as well, because god damn why don't they play Magnolia often. They nearly did it with the Consolation live with the Ongaku/DU/Obbligato/Signal/Magnolia combo but they missed out on Mata Kaze, plus that wasn't really their best live release.

There are some songs that I'm fine with being played a lot, I doubt I'll ever get tired of Signal, Red Moon or Ongaku, for example, although I'd be fine with Signal disappearing considering that it never comes across well in recorded form and, well, I'm not actually at the concerts, so I can't hear it properly there. Storia and Magia I'm pretty alright with as well, I can understand why those two are played a lot.

OL, believe, Heavenly Blue, RYB and TTB I'd be happy to see performed less often, for sure. Oh and Misterioso needs to leave too. Mostly because they're all the same song.

storia is becoming a pain to hear live. so is heavenly blue and believe. and one light. ryb, magia, destination unknown and ongaku are fine though.

Thank you Nimsaj. You have no idea how happy you made me.

On the setlist...purrrfect. 4/5 of my Top 5 in it, including my own Top 3. Loveliest setlist I've come across.

Shoutout to Samidare, it should appear more often. So...gah. :love:

Oh they performed heavenly blue! One of their best songs! Wished they also performed believe though :comeback:

I really dislike heavenly blue, but its okay if people like it. people have opinions after all.

My friend was here watching the Arena Live with me and she said she really liked Believe :XD:Yes you cannot discuss people preferences.

Heavenly Blue is alright live, but the studio version sucks.

Believe just straight up sucks.

To me, Heavenly Blue is 3 songs- the fast, Hikaru-driven techno part (includes the Kajiuriago), the relaxing pre-chorus, and the upbeat chorus. Though the three parts by themselves are fine, the transitions are jarring imo. For believe, I love the harmonies in it (I would argue it's one of their most complex songs, harmony-speaking), and the intro and chorus are excellent. The main thing I don't like about it, though, is the incredibly long bridge- after the Keiko part it gets kinda boring.

However, though some may not like the song, that obviously doesn't mean you can't. People can have their own opinions.

Back