Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2017「Kalafina “9+ONE”」

They dropped Door though, sad. FotW is better than Eden though.

Also Asia isn't a worldwide expansion, girls. What's the point in changing labels if they're not going to do anything different.

Thank you for sharing the links @HimeWakana !

I love these dress sets! :hearts: My favorite is the pink/greenish ones. I'm not the biggest fan of the brighter colored ones, but even so, I still like them. They remind me of a (better) version of the best live colored set.

Blergh their dresses get messier and more all over the place each live tour

When was Wakana not perfect in himewakana's eyes lmao

Nice dresses (better than fow). I don't like Hikaru's blue outfit but hairstyle is ok. I really want a dvd/bd release of this life!

SAMIDARE+ASHITA NO KESHIKI+GLORIA= EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER WANTED IN MY LIFE :hearts::hearts:
Now let's pray for some streaming or DVD/bluray release :TdT:

And yeah, the dresses are way better than on most of their last lives. Tulle-skirt dresses might seem a little messy with that strangely-colored top, but the shape is really beautiful and elegant. Wakana's one, less colorful and more mature and elegant is totally gorgeous. I agree she totally looked like a ballerina :love: Can't remember when was the last time I saw Wakana so well-dressed, lately their outfits are unflattering or totally ridiculous.
The black dresses are pretty and elegant, and I like it, but being so simple they might be too serious. I mean, the black dresses on RM live are probably my favourite outfits from them, but these ones just makes it look like the girls just came from a funeral.
Finally the other ones are probably my favourites, the look gorgeous and are super flattering as well :dote:Also, I used to hate the idea on the beggining, but now I totally love how trousers look on Hikaru, I liked them on the arena live and now this outfit is lovely ♥ Idk, but Hikaru with short hair looks too similar to Maaya Sakamoto:XD:

I quite like those dresses. Hikaru's blue one looks the nicest out of that set for me. The bottom half looks better than the top, however.

The black ones are alright I guess? Not much to really say about them. They're not hideous like the pink/cream *things* that Keiko/Wakana wore during the FotW tour but they're not anything special.

The other ones remind me of birds with the black and metallic blues/purples. I can't really get a good look at them from these shots but they look like they could be pretty. Will have to wait for more photos.

Well, they're... odd. I absolutely love the black dresses (and Hikaru's hair!). The fluffy ones are... I guess I can get used to. Keiko's is the best in my opinion. Wakana's is... well, it might be better in movement. And Hikaru's is just too blue. Whatever. The others are hard to understand, I mean, my eyes have to make an effort. But Hikaru looks like a fairy and I love that <3
I also wish there is a dvd release of this, even more if it means we could have ashita no keshiki and gloria and samidare.

They seem to be promoting the tour a lot, plus they've been releasing a lot of lives over the past couple of years. I'd say a BD/DVD of the final is almost guaranteed already. Just depends what setlist we get.

Musicians for all the dates off the Japan Tour since i think they havent been posted here yet
http://www.kalafinalive.com/#news-section

◆Guitar 是永巧一 Κoichi Korenaga ◆Drums 佐藤強一 Kyoichi Sato ◆Bass 高橋"Jr."知治 Takahashi "Jr" Tomoharu ◆Violin 今野 均 Konno Hitoshi (4/15, 4/16, 4/30, 5/2, 5/13, 6/4) 森本安弘 Yasuhiro Morimoto (4/23, 5/3, 5/7, 5/14, 6/3, 6/10, 6/17) ◆Keyboards 櫻田泰啓 Sakurada, Hirotaka (4/15, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/2, 5/3, 5/7, 5/13, 5/14, 6/3, 6/4,)吹野クワガタ Kuwagata Fukino [Real name: Hironori Fukino (吹野裕規)] (6/10, 6/17) ◆ Manipulator 大平佳男 Oohira Yoshio

Its interesting they have violin again instead of strings, and that we get to see a new violin guy playing in place of Konno for some days, who was in the strings quartet so far, and similar for the keyboard.

Setlists are up
https://canta-per-me.net/live-events/2017-kalafina-9-1-tour-1/
https://canta-per-me.net/live-events/2017-kalafina-9-1-tour-2/

Last edited:
~overture~ this sounded lovely. It had the "la la las" from samidare. All of Kalafina's song titles were floating around a screen and were merged into some kind of picture..logo of the tour I think lol
01.五月雨が過ぎた頃に Samidare ga Sugita Koro ni I LOVE THIS SONG LIVE OMG it is so amazing. The girls sounded lovely both days! In the background, all of their single covers were shown. When the song ended, their last single, itw/marchen stayed and became bigger.
02. misterioso I'm not a fan of this song. Both days were okay I guess.....
03. Lacrimosa total surprise! This song is okay but I didn't expect to hear it! Both days sounded great!
04. 明日の景色 Ashita no Keshiki I cried. Yup. Both days. This song is one of my favorites and the girls just killed it. They were so amazing.
05. 光の旋律 Hikari no Senritsu I will always love this song live. Keiko became teary eyed during "hitori de utatteta toki" during day 1. I was sitting super close that day. Both days sounded lovely.
06. 未来 Mirai mehhhh. I guess this song was okay. Wakana sounded quite lovely both days.
07. Oblivious yessssssssss. Hikaru sounded wayyyyyy different during her kajiurago in the beginning. She lowered her pitch. Sounded almost exactly like the studio recording. Keiko and wakana did great! During an MC, Wakana said she would be embarrassed in the beginning (2008) when singing this song because she reached out to Keiko and made eye contact, which made her a bit shy. Now she feels super comfortable doing it.
08. storia huge fan of this song. Lovely both days!
09. 五月の魔法 Gogatsu no Mahou I appreciate this song live more than studio. Wakana sounded very lovely.
10. Consolation cool song to get pumped up to. Wish they picked red moon lol
11. to the beginning this song was good both days.
12. 春を待つ Haru wo Matsu AHHHH THIS SONG IS SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL LIVE HOLY!!! The girls sounded soooooo beautiful! I shed a tear or two both days lol
13. Door/Gloria I'm a fan of both songs. Keiko was amazing during Door! And Gloria...Jesus....that song is pure sadness and sounds even more heartbreaking live.

~band instrumental~ they played two or three songs, which were awesome!!

14. メルヒエン Märchen OKAY idk how to feel about this song. Day 1 sounded horrible. Guess their mics weren't working idk. One point you only heard hikaru and another only wakana. Couldn't hear Keiko at all. I was so disappointed. Day 2 was a bit better and they sounded okay. They had cool dresses on with a cool background (I have a picture of it somewhere on my FB/insta...too lazy to post it here) they prerecorded themselves dancing and screened it in the background.
15. Magia I usually hate this song live BUT WTF KALAFINA WOW I absolutely loved this version. They prerecorded themselves singing in a music video, so the front screen was covering them for the most part while we saw the new video. Them in a forest singing with their new dresses, goes to this weird madoka-style world..all upside down, sideways..idk how to describe it but it was pretty awesome. Towards the end they came out again in real life lmao
16. Kyrie I freaking loved this song both days. One of my favorites.
17. Heavenly Blue I like the live version of this song. It was pretty cool!
18. One Light overplayed but quite enjoyable both days.
19. into the world this song is BEAUTIFUL live! Ugh. I cried again cause they just sounded so amazing.

Encore
For the encore, we put on these "light rings" that were given to us. Square rings that had a super bright light. They were white and had the tour logo. They were meant to be worn by all of their fans (they were to be returned on the way out) so we could all be connected to each other.
20. 音楽 Ongaku never get tired of hearing this. They came out in black dresses and surprised that there was an encore (lol like you didn't know there would be one girls lol...) pretty cool song to hear live.
21. Blaze I hate this song but I love it live! They sound pretty good! Very enjoyable.
22. Eden/far on the water eden is such a great song. I love it...but was confused as to why it was chosen to end the live lol far on the water is super lovely live.

Merch was pretty cool. I spent almost $400 usd...yikes lol the hall was pretty gorgeous but it was in the middle of nowhere
-_- lol my only complaint. MCs were cute. Day 1, hikaru was trying to sell us the pamphlet and telling us all about the amazing pictures inside it. Day 2, she was trying to sell us the bags lol she's so cute. At one point, Wakana said something along the lines of "Hikaru used to be so shy...you would talk to her and all she would say is "un...un.." and just shake her head" Keiko also said that Matsudo/yabashira station reminded her of when she used to take the train to school when she was smaller. Sooooo after day 1 concert was over, my friend and I were waving to the girls and band members. We were almost to the front. We waved at korenaga and he winked...my friend and I looked at each other and asked "did he just wink at us?nahhhhhh" and looked back at him and he winked again and threw kisses LOL we were just like XD HAHAHAHAHAHA too funny. We were obviously the only foreigners there during day 1, so that was also interesting. Oookayyyy so this is all I can remember at 3:45 in the morning. I'm still jet lagged, so hopefully I'll be over it soon. Sorry for the typos.

Thank youu so much dear for your precious report!! I love it awwwww I really wished to be there too t.t

I'm really happy they're performing some of the great, less popular, and older album songs/ b sides (Ashita no Keshiki, Door, and Gloriaaa <3) but what a crappy encore.

I can't see Ongaku working well as an encore song (that song always works best as the closing of the stream of super fast-paced upbeat songs IMO), and Blaze and FOTW are both such meh songs.
Also, One Light, TTB, Heavenly Blue, storia, and Magia need to stop being overplayed but I know that'll never happen lmao.

Back