Kalafina in Budokan 28 February - 01 March 2015

I finally saw the lives! It was so good to watch them with a friend and comment them, something I had never done before.

I really loved the Blue Day, mostly because it had the setlist that was most appealing to me, but it felt even better performed and it made me awe more. I have a dream, seventh heaven, manten, magia, destination unknown, signal, ongaku, heavenly blue (yeah, even this one), red moon, sprinter… they were great and I felt like in a state of wonder while listening. I really wish natsu no ringo was later in the setlist, because of Hikaru getting better, but it was good anyway.

I didn’t like Red Day that much (maybe because I watched it after Blue Day), but still was awesome. Hikari Furu and Alleluia gave me goosebumps. Consolation and Eden were so much better than in their respective lives and I’m so grateful we have these versions now. I even liked songs that I usually don’t care about, like Fantasia, Hikari no Senritsu, Yume no Daichi (and Love come down and Symphonia in the case of Blue).

The girls were stunning. Keiko was awesome as usual, with that strength she has and which holds Kalafina together. Wakana was AMAZING. She almost made me cry in some moments. I loved how better she has gotten now. I know that we had not the best Hikaru, but I feel like she also knew that, and made a great effort to compensate it. You could see that in her face, and everytime I wanted to hug her. Because of some comments here, I thought she was going to be awful, but she was not that bad. She had the worst moments at the beginning of the concert and at the beginning of some songs. She did her best and I feel like she deserves a lot of love for that. Meh, it’s just my view, anyway.

Kaladansu was kinda awkward, but it had good moments. Except for the swimming thing (?) in Magia, I liked the rest of it. And the dresses were so nice. Well, not the first ones (they were ok), but the rest… I liked the blue ones (except for the jackets) more than the red ones (wtf those feathers), and the golden were the most beautiful. I loved to notice little details that made them even more beautiful.

In general, I loved these concerts. I agree with one post which said that they were some of their best performances. It made me want the new album more and more (although I might be disappointed later, now I’m so excited about it).

I can’t wait <3

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you not like the Blue Day jackets? Those things are too cool :hero:.

^No, you are correct. It made them look awkward sometimes. And even the red, which actually had puffy things on them. lol And I did not even think of it as "swimming" but when you said it, yeah it kind of looked like that, with the blue dresses and everything, even though the fire was lit up. I thought they were "rawring?" like a lion or something? Or trying to be fierce maybe? Hmm Only the dance coordinator will know. Also liked how you put it about Hikaru, since I thought of it that way too. Nice review.

^I know, I just wanted people to know that I don't think of them as perfect by any means or Yuki. (Though Konno might be hehe)

And yes, that photo book! Sigh. What was given out when people were walking in @Hatouchan? Was it a towel? I saw some had it on, but I thought you had to buy that at the booth. I guess I'll watch it again and more intently. Were you filmed at all in the making of when people were walking in? That would be so cool. I'd be like, that's me there! Haha. (I know there were a ton of people there, just asking.)
I'm the kind that prefers not to be filmed so I'm glad I wasn't in it. I can't remember clearly but if they were giving out something as they entered after their ticket check, it will be the fliers and the feedback form. I kind of remember them putting the fliers and feedback forms at the seat instead for one of the days though... Giving them out as you enter is the norm.

Kalafina (and YK) gets a pretty high rate of return for the feedback forms, as compared to others. A lot of people take their time after the concert to fill it in before leaving.

I see. But yeah, I am that person too, so I was glad I wasn't in the Anime Boston one, but it was cool that Kerahna was. I just thought maybe you saw yourself or something. heh It would be just so weird for me, that they would do that, and then see myself in a doc or making of afterwards!

I didn't think I was in the Japan Expo doc but a friend of mine who is watched it to find himself, turns out I show up in the background when he's on screen. I don't know how long for since I haven't gone back to check and he only put up a pic, but that's cool to know.

Reactions: aki
Bleh...just got my copies yesterday...started on Blue day and then next is Red...Blue sounds amazing already!!

Bleh...just got my copies yesterday...started on Blue day and then next is Red...Blue sounds amazing already!!
Lucky. I ordered mine of the first and it still hasn't come even though it been 3 weeks, I guess this is the reason why you don't get the cheapest shipping or no tracking. Do CDJapan usually send an email when it will arrive? I doubt it but I know some places do that. I hope my package hasn't been lost. It doesn't take that long to go through customs does it? *prays budokan lives come Saturday*

@LacrimosaRaven, I usually get a "we shipped your order" email from CD Japan when they ship an order and generally use EMS from them for good tracking that works to a post office box address, since I prefer the security of post office box delivery. Australian customs and Australia Post can be a bit slow also.

Note also that CD Japan's offices and dispatch warehouse are in separate locations. (I've visted the outside of the office in Tokyo and met a few of their staff).

Customs time also depends on the country. Here in the UK it can take weeks, often longer than it actually takes to get to the country.

@LacrimosaRaven, I usually get a "we shipped your order" email from CD Japan when they ship an order and generally use EMS from them for good tracking that works to a post office box address, since I prefer the security of post office box delivery. Australian customs and Australia Post can be a bit slow also.

Note also that CD Japan's offices and dispatch warehouse are in separate locations. (I've visted the outside of the office in Tokyo and met a few of their staff).

Customs time also depends on the country. Here in the UK it can take weeks, often longer than it actually takes to get to the country.

Thanks guys. I guess more patience is needed. At least I have everyone here and One Light to keep me busy plus my school work.:tea:

i don't actually want to post this but i can't resist myself. i just realized that Keiko's shorts (under her dress/skirt) were visible when they did the swirling-and-swimming dance moves in Magia. in the rehearsal it was even more obvious. Wakana's also visible during the rehearsal. the fact that Keiko's skirts were almost always considerably shorter than the other girls kinda bug me. although maybe it's her taste...

^I think I noticed that too. But yeah. Maybe they have to be "modest" now because I read somewhere (I think on this site) that they were showing too much skin or something. But then why would they not have gotten those dresses? Wakana shows her whole shoulder. I know sometimes they have clear straps holding up their dresses, because they do dance around and stuff. But that's different. Hmm.

Lacrimosa: Yeah, if you chose the least amount of time, it usually takes that long. I know I did that once with something, since I had already seen or heard it (forgot what it was, I think it was one of the Kara no Kyoukai limited sets) and it took foreeeeeever. But CDJ usually will send the notification, but not when it will arrive except with the first two selections, and EMS I think, like Kuga said. CDJ is usually pretty fast with Intermediate, which is what I usually choose, since I want the stuff the day before it comes out (usually, except with One Light it came on the day it came out for some reason) I don't have the customs issue since I am in the states, luckily. But you can probably look on the site and see how long it takes for each shipping selection. Hope it helps!

Lacrimosa: Yeah, if you chose the least amount of time, it usually takes that long. I know I did that once with something, since I had already seen or heard it (forgot what it was, I think it was one of the Kara no Kyoukai limited sets) and it took foreeeeeever. But CDJ usually will send the notification, but not when it will arrive except with the first two selections, and EMS I think, like Kuga said. CDJ is usually pretty fast with Intermediate, which is what I usually choose, since I want the stuff the day before it comes out (usually, except with One Light it came on the day it came out for some reason) I don't have the customs issue since I am in the states, luckily. But you can probably look on the site and see how long it takes for each shipping selection. Hope it helps!
1-3 weeks may take up to 12 weeks. :uh..: I'm swamped with school anyway so it's best not to have the lives distract me.:idol:

Kalafina wears REALLY modest skirt lengths at all rates when compared to what japanese girls normally wear. I don't know why, but they love their mini skirts/dresses and shorts. When I was in Japan in the winter they were all wearing mini skirts regardless.

Back