Kalafina disbandment

The important thing here is that Kajiura and Keiko still keep in touch, hue.

I personally would like Remi - Yuriko - Keiko - Kaori and have Joelle singing the Emily Bindiger English songs since her tone (based on what I remember on that Anime expo bootleg) is quite similar to Bindiger's and since I'm not a big fan of Bindiger's voice I would like to not hear similar sounding voice as much as possible lol
Agree with Kowz that Kaori needs to sort out her pitch control and whiny sounding tone but idk without Kaori they wouldn't have that "pop" sound and imo they still need her to do Kajiura's japanese songs.
Mmm I don't think she sounds too similar to Emily. Joelle's voice sounds younger and "girlier" but still strong. Anyways, Joelle seems versatile enough and plays with her voice a lot. She has songs where she sounds very j-pop-ish.

^hmm tbh i haven't really listened to all Joelle's discography and maybe the bad quality of recording from anime expo last year gave me the impression that she sounded old like Emily Bindiger (yeah to be fair it was a bootleg, so no quality expected). Joelle is a great singer though pitch wise, Yuriko and her are on different class entirely from Kaori and maybe she was just using that particular tone to her voice while singing Emily's songs...

I would be happy to see any new Kajiura vocal group projects featuring any combination/permutation of Keiko, Hikaru, Kaori, Yuriko, Joelle, Remi, Asuka, or Yuuka, and you can even bring back Saeko and Maya from retirement. They can call it FictionJunction, Linked Kalafina, Aquafina, or Petticoat Junction, I don’t care. I’m so glad to finally hear some of the principal parties actually expressing their honest thoughts about all this Kalafina stuff, showing some solidarity and cooperation, and opening the door to working together again in the future.

I also hope that we can hear Kalafina songs sung again in future lives in some form or another. I was thinking it would be great to hear Yuriko singing some of her Kalafina parts live for a change instead of in prerecorded tracks, and it would be interesting to hear how Kaori or Asuka or Joelle or Remi would handle some of Wakana’s parts.

It's official. I made a big mistake for not attending the 10th anniversary of Kalafina...

I hope Yuki-sama will surprise us with another great project soon.

Keiko x Hikaru: It would be wonderful!!! But I would like to hear new voices too.

If Wakana want to say something about Kalafina, she can do it in the radio programs, official blog, official web or twitter. The strange thing would be that they include her in publications that are not official Spacecraft.

The wording she uses shows something that is certain and comming soon (inner hope to get Maya back even thought its impossible with her having a baby ). Or maybe they ll just join FictionJuction again.

The wording she uses shows something that is certain and comming soon (inner hope to get Maya back even thought its impossible with her having a baby ). Or maybe they ll just join FictionJuction again.

My inner Maya hope is alive... Never miss this opportunity to get her back

Its not that I'm badmouthing Wakana or anything, but I'm so glad they H&K have officially teased being free agents. (and posted message on FJM the, Her home). it has nothing to do with the mediocrity and tiredness of the new W album though, believe me.

maybe wakana has bitter feelings about how her voice got worse and worse in her Kajiura era...

but honestly if she doesn't say anything ever, I will take that as a sign of bitterness or lack of gratitude for all the stuff they had. and she has to personally mention Kajiura, "We" or "kalafina" won't cut it. of course any tweet to this effect may just be a lie.

regardless, Wakana will have to hold her music career without Kajiura or "Kalafina", something I foresee to be a difficulty for her in the future.

i think it's great that Keiko will have a comeback (hopefully); she's probably just resting from whatever mess they were in caused by whomever? my bet is that the company got cuntier and cuntier (@grunty loved that adjective made my day)'

hoping for a NEW SOPRANO actually. I like Remi and all but I bet Kajiura wants fresh meat umm voice.

I believe (purely my speculation) why it took so long to officially disband Kalafina was due to the management trying to put out another album: Most likely made up of rejected songs, remixes or some other thing. They wanted Kalafina's input in the album and they were not having it. So.... with that avenue closed, they washed their hands of the band.

also: YK already has a new soprano: Joelle.

Back