「Kalafina All Time Best 2008-2018」(Release: Oct 24)

That is true lmao. But fair enough, as Wakana is the defining voice of Kalafina and would be the most recognizable. If we go continue thinking along that line of being the most recognizable, the song choices in CM makes sense too - storia, to the beginning, Kimi no gin, etc.

That is true lmao. But fair enough, as Wakana is the defining voice of Kalafina and would be the most recognizable. If we go continue thinking along that line of being the most recognizable, the song choices in CM makes sense too - storia, to the beginning, Kimi no gin, etc.

more like because Wakana's the chorus melody singer in like 80% of Kalafina tie ins song... but to be fair they could've put at least one song with Hikaru on melody. Kalafina has sprinter/ARIA/Magia/One Light/blaze/even Hoshi no Utai with Hikaru as chorus melody singer. At the very least they could've put Magia because Magia is quite popular and the only reason Magia wasn't on their 10th anniv setlist is because the song has 3 variations and the vote for that song was divided for each variation, Magia/Magia quattro/Magia magic mix lol.

Any news on how the audio is actually remastered since the release date was today ?
Tons of people on twitter (if you search for Kalafina on the search column) have received their album since the 23rd and man the album package is huge. Anw i don't know and frankly i don't care about the release because the remaster (if any remaster happens) probably won't be that noticeable if you don't listen to the actual CD and I'm not an audiophile either, i probably wouldn't notice anything different. :XD:

listening to the remastered oblivious, doesn't sounds much different on my standard apple headphones. maybe just more surround sound than usual?

sorry for posting everything in tiny snippets. I'm posting them as i'm downloading the CDs into my computer. the audio of the live sounds incredible. the sound engineering was flawlessly done; you can hear every single note and instrument that's happening

I compared a few of the mp3 versions of the All Time Best songs with the original versions, and on those songs, the remasters really did make a difference. They actually did the opposite of what I expected, increasing the dynamic range and reducing the number of intersample overs. The difference will be most clearly noticeable as the average volume being lower on the remasters. So if these mp3s truly represent the new remasters, it seems like it might be worth buying in CD or high res format if you're a picky audiophile. The top picture is the original Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku and the bottom is the remaster.
Untitled.jpg

From the look of your pictures, it seems the same as the previously available hi-res versions of the original albums.

So... not really new remasters. New to CD at best.

However chances are your mp3 files were made from hi-res files so the actual CD version might still look like old CDs. The title for a torrent on nyaa seems to suggest that, don't know if it's the same as you have.

There's aaaaaaaaalso the chance that the mp3s were actually made from the old hi-res albums rather than the new Best release so who the heck even knows unless you buy it. What is real?

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll need more info from someone with the actual box set. By the way, does anyone know of a website that allows oni gaijin to buy high res FLAC downloads of Kalafina?

We'll need more info from someone with the actual box set. By the way, does anyone know of a website that allows oni gaijin to buy high res FLAC downloads of Kalafina?
Nope.

I just looked at the tracklist again and I think only Magia[quattro] wasn't released in hi-res before so if it looks different to you in those mp3s then it's probably made from the new hi-res release. (Regular Magia on THE BEST albums from what I see.)

Magia (Quattro) looks very different too. The original was an absolute disaster. But we still don't know if the CD version and high res versions of the new release use different masters.
1540585311003.png

Back