「Kalafina All Time Best 2008-2018」(Release: Oct 24)

Putschki was only reporting the rumor of Keiko being edited out, but she said she doesn’t believe it herself. To me, that idea is totally ridiculous, verging on the impossible. That wouldn’t be remastering, it would be remixing, and it would also require lots of re-recording, since I doubt they have backup tracks of Wakana and Hikaru duplicating all of Keiko’s parts. Not to mention all the controversy and outrage such an act would elicit.

Despite the ridiculousness of that idea, I actually would LOOOOOVE to hear the outcome of them removing KEIKO's lines and replacing them with HIKARU. Anything to make this release seem fresh ;D

I never said she believed it herself.

I read Putschki1969 's blog about the release, and she says some people say Sacra might remove Keiko's vocals via remastering. This is the stupidest thing i 've read in a while (not from puts but these people). Sprinter original ver has been releasing ever since Maya's quit, unchanged (eg in Seventh Heaven and Red/Blue), and its just one song, so why would they do that for a vocalist thats in (almost) every single song of the group, just because she terminated her contract ?

Its funnny how Sacra has 2008 -2018 while they released no new songs in 2018

Any idea how many pages do the history photobook have? Mentioned in cdjapan that only 60 pages??

The release is probably being sped up in order to avoid coming after the resolution of Keiko's trademark application. Doesn't it seem to be coming all of a sudden?

Well that possible. We dont know when its gonna resolve but i guess the Sacra people have connections which told them. Also i dont think its been sped up, its more like that it had zero promotion. In all the previous releases we had

Release announcement > coverarts > tracklist > samples, all weeks apart from eachother. While now they all were announced together which means they dont care anymore about the promotion and hype-making.

Re-mastering is a common practice with compilations. It's for unifying the sound of the songs. There's nothing sinister about it. Removing Keiko's vocals would require a re-mix of the songs.

This is probbly going to be a yearly thing with some sort of compilation to milk the fan base. Next up for 2019: B sides, rarities and re-mixes.

For 2020: Most likely will be: Selected Album Tracks compilation. Then for 2021: Very Best All Time compilation... 2022: Best Lives... adnauseum.

Back