Kalafina 5th Anniversary LIVE “oblivious”

Ahh I knew Wakana would gain control over her new voice soon enough, she sounds great
:dote:

I've only seen some of the concert so far, more later...

There's a HQ torrent on nyaa.eu if anyone wants to snatch it up. :sparkleguy:

More of the performance has been uploaded on YT (ongaku, Matta Kaze ga, sprinter, and ttb). It sounds higher quality than Tudou, so I'm re-watching what is on there.

I definitely think moonfesta live > studio version. :sohappy: The only think they I didn't hear was Wakana repeating the lines of the chorus [i.e. kakato de (kakato de)], but it could've just been because of the sound quality from Tudou.

Ongaku was so amazing to watch! :nosebleed: The beginning was so cute!

I can't wait to watch the rest!

I'll post more of my thoughts later but just a quick question, do they studio magick the non-concert singing parts too? (i.e. when they're singing in rehearsals, and in the footage of them recording for Consolation, is their singing in those parts edited/studio magicked? :confu: Because all three sound incredible in those parts as well, so I was just wondering... :nosebleed: )

I think these are not post processed, and no, imo they dont sound great at all in the non live parts, (except Yuriko) especially those that are inside the studio.

Re:

tabete.mio said:
Hikari Furu is so emotional. My favorite part is Hikaru's "hakanasugite" :nosebleed: I love to listen to it over and over again. :ayashii:

Agreed. I think this song has started to grow on me after watching this performance.

The YT vids are a little messed up and not in proper sequence.
I didn't notice until I manage to watch the full vid.

Glad that they started with Oblivious. (KnK fan here)
Mata Kaze Ga Tsuyoku Natta - Keiko's sudden move :plot:

:sohappy: They seem to be moving around/jumping alot in this live. Not that I'm complaining of course.

Kinda wish that they had more MCs and the chats were longer.
Lol Wakana is so emotional towards the end.

WOWOW is really WOWOW ~!!!!!!!

the quality of the video, the quality of the editing, the quality of the cinematography.. is amazing.. i hope kajiura~sama can be inspired by this and made the next filming of her project as good as this..

my favorite moment is the thin curtains on the beginning of oblivious..
remind me of the seventh heaven bonus video version..
nostalgic yet epic..

i'm so happy~
:sohappy:

Am I the only one who thinks the sound-mixing was kinda bad? I mean, the vocals generally sound kinda muffled, and there was one song (can't remember exactly which one at the moment) where at the end I heard the "backup" vocals much stronger than the main melody... It's like, basically every song on here that I've also heard performed on another concert before, I liked the previous performance better just because of the sound-quality... Even if I do appreciate that they cut back on the ridiculous choreography for Manten.

Also, man, it's like the interlude of Ongaku just becomes longer with every performance... After Eden made the Kajiurago-part twice as long as it was on the album, this live also added a violin-solo as well... Before you know it, the interlude will end up being longer than the rest of the song by the next concert... ^^

^ I also think there was something wrong with the sound both in the rehearsals and the lives they were sounding strange, as if their voices where filtered, there were scenes where the camera was pointing at Wakana but her voice was sounding like she was at the other side of the stage :XD:

I'm only two songs in but.. is it just me or do their voices sound really weird :omg: Hikaru sounds really nasally in love come down.

edit: whoops, maybe i should've tried reading the posts in the thread :uh..:

that was the most disappointing Mata Kaze Ga I've heard :cry:

Can anyone please upload Mirai live to youtube/vimeo? Thanks before :bow:

I finally watched it :TdT:

Omg, its so beautiful!

Moonfesta :sohappy:
Mirai :shy:
Kimi ga Hikari & Hikari Furu :plz: :plz: (seconded to Tabi-chan)
Mata Kaze :ohoho:
Manten :dote: :love: (no awkward coreography this time thou :ayashii: :XD: )
TTB :sohappy: :shy: :dote: :nosebleed: :TdT: :TdT: :TdT: :TdT:
(btter than on Type Moon fes)

And Wacchan, that was very cute, but you know we all love you. All of you! And there will always be loving messages waiting for you! :love:

Someone save my little weak heart from stopping! :touched:

Matta Kaze was nice. I love Keiko there. :shy: Hikaru sounds odd, though, the performance is still good.

I actually got scared when Keiko suddenly kneeled in Matta Kaze :hide: and then squealed when Hikaru was approaching her. :shy: And that WaaxKei moment. :nosebleed: Sometimes I get so distracted by the visuals that I forget about the singing. :XD:

Finally watched it too!

Oblivious was really really good! I like the camera angles, the choreography, everything! It doesn't beat the Seventh Heaven live, but it's definitely right behind it on my list as the second best live rendition of the song!

I really like Keiko's expression in Love Come Down. :nosebleed: Nothing to complain about the rendition of the song! :)

Moonfesta live for the first time! Like many of Kalafina's songs, I strongly prefer the live to the recorded version. Wakana sounds far more natural than her super-high squeak in the recorded version.

Manten's choreography was much better this time. XD This is what I think the Type-Moon live's choreography should be - The ballet-ish moves are still there, but less elaborate and smoother.

I realize To The Beginning always comes after Manten. Well, can't say it's a bad decision. :P Wakana continues to show her mastery of her (new?) voice!

Haven't really heard Kalafina sing Mata Kaze no Tsuyokunatta live in a long time! It's a great rendition as usual, but I wish Hikaru would be more forceful in the bridge, like one of the previous lives. Still, a great performance, especially the awesome ending by Hikaru!! :D

Ongaku was an energetic performance as usual, and you can really see the bond between the girls in here! Especially right at the start. :)

Still don't really like Keiko's cutesy voice in Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku, but at least it was toned down so much more compared to the Type-Moon live. I know it's supposed to sound like that in the recorded version, but I so prefer the darker, more serious and dreamy version in the Seventh Heaven live. Pulling this song off really depends on Wakana's performance, and she did great!

Like Moonfesta, I prefer Hikari Furu live. A lot, a lot more. The harmonizing here was really excellent, and reminds me of why I find Kalafina unique! I can finally immerse myself fully in the song now. :sparkleguy:

So many songs sung live for the first time! I really like this version of Mirai, sounds better than the Credens Justitiam cover by FictionJunction. :ayashii:

Omg Keiko is really really energetic in Sprinter! Far more energetic than in Ongaku, which is a pleasant surprise! I wish the camera could pan more to Hikaru than Wakana or Keiko though, it's a Hikaru song after all!

Overall, it was an awesome live! It's great to see so many new songs mixed in with the classics. And you can really see the chemistry between the girls, the chemistry that developed over these five years as Kalafina. A fitting 5th Anniversary live indeed!

PS: Oh maaannn that ending! It's so apt to play Mirai in the background - we celebrate the past, whilst looking forward towards the future. Happy 5th anniversary Kalafina! :dote:

After watching and hearing a lot of live versions of some songs, I don't know how to express my opinions about it anymore.
Those are just basically the same.

I'm not excited as I used to.

Ooooh but the interview was exciting.

The video quality was indeed great. :tea:

The sound quality however... :uh..:

What's with Keiko and Mirai Kajiurago. :uh..:
I don't like it.
When I was watching the Nico stream last year, I commented that "I am happy that they didn't sing the Kajiurago"... now? It felt disjointed especially the part where WAKANA joined the chorus.

And OMG Glare, I love your profile pic
:nophoto:
:plot:

Finally watched the whole live~

Overall thoughts :

01. oblivious : for me this is their worst performance of oblivious. Wakana had slight tempo problem in the second verse, and it's not that I don't appreciate the FBM but their playing in this song is even duller than ever.

02. love come down : It's nice and I like it. On par with in After Eden DVD (my favorite rendition of this song).

03. moonfesta : it seems I'm the only one who disappointed with Wakana didn't take her late-back part in the chorus. Still,it's really good. Wakana isn't as honky as she was in the CD version.

04. Manten : Bye the epic Kalamantendansu~ nice performance overall.

05. to the beginning : same as Manten~

06. Mata Kaze ga Tsuyoku Natta : Hikaru's a bit flat is some parts. Keiko is great. Really love her in "boku no hou e fuita kita~" The worst part is Sakurada's keyboard improvisation. Seriously, this is a rockish song. Not a jazzy song. I really hate his playing in this one, especially with his dragging his fingers all over the keyboard (I forgot what's that technique name).

07. Ongaku : I really like this performance of Ongaku, although I'm tired of seeing this song already. And Hikaru is even louder than she is in Red Moon DVD. They never have a good mixing in this song reff.

08. Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete iku : Really good. Almost on par with in seventh heaven bonus DVD.

09. Hikarifuru : The girl did nice, with Hikaru's 'hakanasugite' being my least favorite part for she's extremely flat there. Like Mata Kaze, the worst part is Sakurada's keyboard with the same one he did in Mata Kaze. Uh. He seriously can't read a song's mood at all.

10 Mirai : the guitar in the beginning = the guitar in the end of everlasting song. It's understandable that they took the kajiuran bridge, it's quite a long bridge after all. Keiko's not off, but there's one Kajiurago line that I don't really like. What bother me the most is why did Wakana had to take the second half of the kajiuran? It's really weird with Keiko sings one octave lower and then suddenly back to the original one. Still, I love the kajiuran in the end. the 'diaaa, diaaa' by Wakana and Keiko~

11. sprinter : wow, Keiko is soo energetic here. It's kinda admirable that she's not totally off while singing and running all over the stage, although in exchange she kinda shouted some words. It's a good performance of this song.

^ Nope, you're not alone. :sparkleguy: I do prefer how they sounded live for moonfesta, but it was definitely lacking without Wakana's late-back part in the chorus.

I wonder why they didn't have her do that. :confu:

^
I was wondering about that too. She did take her late-back part in chorus, but just in the first stanza of the final reff (egao ga, wa ni natte~) :(

It's disappointing for me because I really love Wakana's late-back part. It's nice and refreshing for a Kalafina song.

^
Yeah, I only recall hearing it once your twice; didn't remember the lines, though. Thanks!
I was anticipating it everytime in my head, but when I only heard it those times, I was baffled. If those times, why not the others too?

I agree. I'm not sure how to describe it, though refreshing probably fits best, but I really enjoyed it. Maybe it was a nice contrast to Hikaru, who was leading most of the song.

I hope they do it in future lives.

Re:

tabete.mio said:
I actually got scared when Keiko suddenly kneeled in Matta Kaze :hide: and then squealed when Hikaru was approaching her. :shy: And that WaaxKei moment. :nosebleed: Sometimes I get so distracted by the visuals that I forget about the singing. :XD:
I second that :XD:
A great performance, and I kinda expected something like that. I love the song so much :dote:

ritardando said:
it seems I'm the only one who disappointed with Wakana didn't take her late-back part in the chorus.
I was quite surprised by that too. Also was missing that part :uh..:

And yeah, Sprinter was definitely :TdT: too. It almost made me cry.

It was a really great concert. They sing so emotionally and really convey their feelings through me. As well as YK lives too. I felt really overflowed after watching it :plz:

[edit] @Mikey: you have some links on the previous pages :sparkleguy:

Back