Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

I'm sorry for another post so quick... but I'm actually excited for Kajiura's songs again?! Is the world coming to an end?! Thanks Kowzie.

My favorite right now is "door" by far! but i need to listen to the rest a few more times I think XD

I just want to say that Signal and 木苺の茂みに have grown on me since the last post: The Yuriko chorus in Signal (as well as wakana's aaas) is gorgeous, and Keiko indeed has bigger part in this song than in the others (like I was suspecting before).

木苺の茂みに, as grunty said, the girls are very expresive on this song, they really sound that they live the lyrics, which gives the song its beauty, even though the structure of the song is typical.

I'm still listening the album, but al fine is not fine! I wish it was a full track! Just beautiful, especially the part "hitori ja nai
kokoro-tachi ga tsunagu melody
kimi on tame ni consolaton"! :cry:

I had a feeling Kajiura would star using accordion again after inviting Kanako Katou to YKLive 9.

Anyways, I'm loving the new tracks. Signal is currently my favorite.

Re:

Kawohni said:
Overall I really like this album. I feel like it's an evolution of Kalafina's sound, like they're maturing. I really feel like this album is Kalafina.

Some songs are very... heavy, though, and thus hard to listen to. Signal is heavy, Obbligato is heavy, and so is Consolation. They're all amazing songs, but it's like they all carry a very angry energy. Something you wouldn't just put on repeat.

Door is beautiful, as is Kichigo no Shigemi ni. They're nice breaks from the energy of the rest of the album. The album track list itself seems to go on an up-and-down roller coaster between angry energy and soothing calm songs. I guess that's how it got its title and title song~

Some interesting instrumental choices as well -- accordion on top of an electric guitar? Only Kajiura-san!
Well said. I'd argue that it's not really so much "angry" as intense, which still means it's not something some people can put on repeat. Personally I revel in their energy, especially Signal. That throaty electronic bass is hilariously out of place but still works somehow. And yes, the accordion in Hanataba is brilliant. Probably my favorite out of the album--the passion here and Hikaru in her best register are really awesome to hear. Obbligato begins by paying tribute to serenato and sandpiper (yay chanty choruses in e minor!), then gets rolling hard with the bass and rock feeling instead of staying melancholic.

I feel that the chords in Door strayed a bit too close to typical pop--I for one appreciate how Kajiura uses slight chromatic deviations from general pop structure to keep things interesting. But yes, at this point, songs like Kichigo no Shigemi ni channel previous ballads, like Gloria as HimeWakana noted--not that it's a bad thing, heh.

I quite like this album. It's fun to be along for the ride and see how far this group has come from their strong singles in the Kara no Kyoukai series.

Re:

Yurika-Chan said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hatanaba with accordion, this is my fav song of the album

and signal it's so fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count it as a definite for YK Live vol. #10 then, since we have Yoshiaki Sato 佐藤芳明 playing accordion at YK Live vol. #10.

Re: Re:

chronacolyte said:
Kawohni said:
Overall I really like this album. I feel like it's an evolution of Kalafina's sound, like they're maturing. I really feel like this album is Kalafina.

Some songs are very... heavy, though, and thus hard to listen to. Signal is heavy, Obbligato is heavy, and so is Consolation. They're all amazing songs, but it's like they all carry a very angry energy. Something you wouldn't just put on repeat.

Door is beautiful, as is Kichigo no Shigemi ni. They're nice breaks from the energy of the rest of the album. The album track list itself seems to go on an up-and-down roller coaster between angry energy and soothing calm songs. I guess that's how it got its title and title song~

Some interesting instrumental choices as well -- accordion on top of an electric guitar? Only Kajiura-san!
Well said. I'd argue that it's not really so much "angry" as intense, which still means it's not something some people can put on repeat. Personally I revel in their energy, especially Signal. That throaty electronic bass is hilariously out of place but still works somehow. And yes, the accordion in Hanataba is brilliant. Probably my favorite out of the album--the passion here and Hikaru in her best register are really awesome to hear. Obbligato begins by paying tribute to serenato and sandpiper (yay chanty choruses in e minor!), then gets rolling hard with the bass and rock feeling instead of staying melancholic.

I feel that the chords in Door strayed a bit too close to typical pop--I for one appreciate how Kajiura uses slight chromatic deviations from general pop structure to keep things interesting. But yes, at this point, songs like Kichigo no Shigemi ni channel previous ballads, like Gloria as HimeWakana noted--not that it's a bad thing, heh.

I quite like this album. It's fun to be along for the ride and see how far this group has come from their strong singles in the Kara no Kyoukai series.

Mm, I agree. Angry isn't a good choice of words for this, especially since I didn't take the time to fully listen to the lyrics.
:rain:

OMG! :nosebleed: Thank you so much Kowz!!!! :chuu:

~

01 - Al fine is definitely too short but beautiful... So soft and peaceful.
02 - Consolation is freakin' awesome. Some kind of "mix" between Magia and Red Moon (i love both). Very powerful and for me a real consolation, if I'm in black mood.
03 - Moonfesta I did not like this song first, but my 2 year old son did. He sings and dances when he hears it. A atypical but cheerful Kalafina song which does not fit fully into the compilation, imo.
04 - Door is just insanely beautiful! Very touching *weep with emotion*
05 - Mirai I like it, but prefer FJ's Credens justitiam.
06 - Hanataba is sweeping and kind of outstanding. really like it.
07 - Signal is simply awesome. Powerful upbeat "earworm". I love Wakanas "aaaa"!
08 - Obbligato is dark and heavy. Powerful and strong. Hanae's parts are beautifully modulated. Love it! :shy:
09 - Kichigo no shigemi ni is a beautiful ballad that reminds me of Gloria too, like Hime said before. Very soulful and harmonious. :plz:
10 - Manten My favourite Kalafina song. <3 More words are unnecessary. I love it.
11 - to the beginning <3 it
12 - Hikari Furu fits so great at Christmas time. Like it.
13 - Yume no Daichi is a bright, cheerful, typical Kalafina song for me. Just love it (gives me the feeling of a happy ending fairytale).

In fact I fell in love with this album :sohappy: Now waiting for my copy.

Must... resist... listening. Ugh... it's so hard. I have to wait until late Tues. But I will be strong. heh Sounds like good comments so far though. Can't wait! :dote:

i feel like red moon all over again :sohappy: :shy: :nosebleed: (which i loved sooo much) this is definitely a step up for kalafina since (in my opinion) their last album was ehh okay...this album is :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: the lyrics are definitely great!!!! (thanks japan for my amazing listening skills lolz) the harmonies...EVERYTHING is amazing. signal is def my fav right now. followed by obbligato :sohappy: and then consolation. i cant wait to purchase my copy this wednesday :sohappy: (which im hoping i can...im so poor right now ;__; )

Downloaded the album, so it's rude to not saying thanks to Kowz! Thanks a lot Kowz, you're the best!

signal ftw. wished al fine was a full song, it's really great. love the guitar in obbligato. Keiko's lines in Hanataba feels like it's a bit forced for me, wish it was sung by Hikaru instead. Hikaru in Hanataba is :shy: really love Keiko's bit in door and Wakana's solo in the opening. in contrary to Hanataba, wished Hikaru's lines is sung by Keiko in this one. Kiichigo ni Shigemi ni is nice and full of emotion, but it's kinda bland for me, gonna skip it a lot.

The songs are really short. almost all songs have a really long instrument solo in the end.

Gonna really love obbligato if the reffrain is not that weird. Keiko and Hikaru in the verses is just really lovely, Hanae's kajiurago = win.

Mirai, to the beginning, Manten = weak.

Hikarifuru and moonfesta = still love these songs.

definitely gonna buy this album now.

:fwa: :fwa: :fwa: :fwa:

THANK YOU SO MUCH LORD KOWZ :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :chuu: :chuu: :chuu: :chuu:

I can't listen until tomorrow but I'm so excited, if even grunty said it was good it must be an awesome albummmmmm :stars:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

The album turned out better than I thought. Loving Signal (Yuriko rocks), Hanataba and Kichigo no Shigemi ni (even though this sounds like a sister to Kugatsu/Neverending).

One gripe I have is there's not enough Keiko!!!! Can't she start a song at least once?! She only has little solos here are there throughout the whole album.

Bad pun coming: At least the album leaked early, now I can listen to them and 'console' myself though my finals next week. :ohoho: :ohoho:

Re:

george1234 said:
@ Nobelly: You have a son?! :omg: How old are you ? :ayashii:

Yes indeed. I'm a single mother. My son is the reason why I have unfortunately so little time for you here. :cry:

Did I never say that? Maybe in my introduction?
~ I should be ashamed. :omg: :spotlight:

I'm going to celebrate my 26th birthday next month... Am I old? OMG... :spotlight: :imdead: Now I need consolation... ^.~

Back