Kajiura Family Media Appearances

I have fever :hide: I tried listening to the beginning of it, but couldn't understand much. I also had my (online) Japanese lesson earlier, had trouble talking, and missed the correct answer (though I found it later when the teacher told me to read it slowly with her) :punched: To make things worse, while writing this post I accidentally clicked "post reply" instead of closing the onions window. :imdead: So, I'm sorry everyone, but you'll have to wait if you want me to write something meaningful. In the meantime, if anyone else wants to write a summary, feel free.

^I thought I saw a pic of Sakurada for one of them, maybe songful days, since they were wearing the white poofy dresses? lol Someone can confirm though.

I wish they would post them to bilibili. I've been looking every day pretty much and they are not there. *sigh* I want to see Hyakka live darn it. heh

Hi yall I'll come out of lurking to have a listen and translate to take some heat off yuki.n :) (get well soon!)

- edit - just finished listening.

The interview touches on zero details about her leaving. It's more an interview in YK's working style, goals and Nozaki and YK reminiscing about past projects and interesting experiences at work.

Main points:
- YK has been and still is very busy.
- YK remarks she didn't think she'd be in this business for this long.
- Nozaki and YK talk about how they transitioned into Anime work and their first anime soundtrack. It was some long story I tuned out.

- YK is asked about her 2018 goals.
They are: she wants to focus on composing each piece individually (tackling music piece by piece). She wants to strive to avoid writing out of habit (or on auto pilot).

- Nozaki reveals about Yuki's collection of rejected compositions: YK chucks out a lot of music. And Nozaki boasts that he's very good at picking them up from the trash can. Some of these salvaged rejects have become singles. (They don't say which).

- YK says that (the above) is because she sees each and every piece of her music as a "resume" or "business card" for herself. So she doesn't like to show people anything she can't be proud of.

- they share some more work experiences. Like how this other time they got sent to a hotel room with all the instruments they need and get asked to "please write here" and it got lonely. They laugh at this.

- From this interview both Nozaki and YK says things that make it sound like YK is very husy writing this year.

No mention of Kalafina or label company drama.

Hope that's okay!

Last edited by a moderator:
- Nozaki reveals about Yuki's collection of rejected compositions: YK chucks out a lot of music. And Nozaki noasts that he's very good at picking them up from the trash can. Some of these salvaged rejects have become singles. (They don't say which).

- YK says that (the above) is because she sees each and every piece of her music as a "resume" or "business card" for herself. So she doesn't like to show people anything she can't be proud of.

Is that her implying she's proud of the Ordinal Scale OST ? :XD: because i highly doubt it, it was more like of the "autopilot" case but its in worst state possible.

Also apart from a trash can, she probably also has a recyclying bin, considering that often times we see recycled melodies or even whole songs.

Hahahaha DAMN.
i think as a composer she might be a little indecisive? Like many artists of any media.
Like I write a bit of music and edit photos for cosplay a lot and I can NEVER decide on a final version, and end up wanting to make each version into their own thing and relesse them all.
I suspect it's that feeling except YK obviously jas the platform to be able to do that.

Ohhhhh god I wonder of this will be
KALAFINA = Wakana + Hikaru
Or KALAFINA = Keiko by herself...

I hope it's by some miracle or surprise plot twist all 3 of them...

http://www.mjtv.jp/kalafina/

Music Japan TV 「Kalafina Special」
【Broadcast】
June 13 24:00~

"Historical secret story Historia" "Magical girl Madoka ☆ Magica" etc.
One hit with three harmonies striking, with hit songs as the lead.
Beyond age, gender, even the borders, it continues to be loved by a wide range of people
Follows the trajectory of the ten years that three singers spun.

Mmm, seems like a mini documentary.

Back