Introductio

SurgamIdentidem said:
Hi everyone!
But what caught my special attention was the ending theme "Magia" by Kalafina. It was (and still is) one of the most impressive songs I've ever heard in my ENTIRE life! Of course I immediately searched the internet about who Kalafina was and especially WHO COMPOSED THIS AMAZING SH*T!
Yeah..... That's how I found out about Yuki Kajiura.
Hiya!!! Welcome to the forum!! Nice to meet you :-)

Yup, Magia is truly an amazing song!! :dote:

I'm from Switzerland
We're neighbours then, I am from Austria! :sparkleguy:

and currently studying classical music in Bern... :glasses: and I play the very uncommon combination of these two instruments: pipe organ and drums :ohoho:
Very impressive!

SurgamIdentidem said:
Animagic... please don't remind me! :voodoo:
I had exams right then :blood: You can't believe how demotivated I was :orz:
I just hope they DON'T come at Animagic this year because I'll be in the military then... UNTIL THE FIRST OF AUGUST, AND ANIMAGIC 2013 IS FROM 26. TO 28. JULY!! If they come I :fwa: :glower: :plot: :stupidtable: :imdead:
(Switzerland has still a liability to military service)
Oh noes! What a shame!!
Animagic has already announced a few guests but nothing on Kalafina so far so I am pretty sure they won't be coming this year. Like you, I prefer it this way cause my budget definitely wouldn't allow me to attend the event this summer :-(

Hello putschiki1969, thaks for the nice greeting!

We're neighbours then, I am from Austria!

Cool, I could write in german now, but I suppose that would be against the rules of this forum :XD: Do you live more in the east or west of Austria? (I live in canton Schwyz, pretty much in the middle of Switzerland!)

Animagic has already announced a few guests but nothing on Kalafina so far so I am pretty sure they won't be coming this year. Like you, I prefer it this way cause my budget definitely wouldn't allow me to attend the event this summer :-(

Whispering to myself: They won't come, they won't come, no, they won't come..... :uh..:

It sounds like you attended the event last year! How was it? I heard a lot about complications with the sound at the concerts... :confu:

^ You can write in german if you want, but you should have a breef translation for the rest of the members too XD

Kalafina are arranged to go to Chicago late in spring so I doubt that will come to Europe again so closely, maybe in Autumn :XD:

Welcome Surgam! Hope you enjoy your time here on the forums~ :sohappy: I'm glad to hear that Yuki is so popular with other musicians too :XD:

SurgamIdentidem said:
Hello putschiki1969, thaks for the nice greeting!
You can call me "puts" if you like! Putschki1969 is quite a mouthful, dont't you think? :ohoho:

Cool, I could write in german now, but I suppose that would be against the rules of this forum :XD: Do you live more in the east or west of Austria? (I live in canton Schwyz, pretty much in the middle of Switzerland!)
Ich komme aus Wien :-)
Is Schwyz a German speaking part of Schwitzerland then or do you just know German from school?
Sorry, unfortunately I don't really know a lot about Switzerland *shame on me*

It sounds like you attended the event last year! How was it? I heard a lot about complications with the sound at the concerts... :confu:
Yup, I was lucky enough to see Kalafina live last year! It was a dream come true!!!! :dote: :dote: :dote:

Indeed, the music was incredibly loud, and also, the quality of the background tracks was kinda bad or maybe it was the quality of the soundsystem? I am really not so sure as I know little to nothing about this stuff but it did sound quite a bit messy and there was always this rustling background noise...

The girls performed beautifully though!

Hello Surgam!! :sohappy:
I'm Megy, nice to meet you!

I also tend to study music, my domain is piano thou! :shy:

But it also play guitar and drums a bit! :dote:

Hpe you enjoy your time on the forums! :sohappy:

putschki1969 said:
You can call me "puts" if you like! Putschki1969 is quite a mouthful, dont't you think? :ohoho:

OK, I'll call you Puts then! :sparkleguy: (You can call me "Surgam")

Ich komme aus Wien :-)
Is Schwyz a German speaking part of Schwitzerland then or do you just know German from school?

It's very cool you live in Vienna, it's a city with a huge musical history! :sohappy:
(In Wien war ich mal als kleines Kind, doch seither leider nie mehr :uh..: )
I often travel by train, and when I go to Bern, I always change trains in Zurich. I always see there the ÖBB train to Vienna, and sometimes when studies suck (yes they do sometimes :uh..: ) I just wanted to enter that train instead of the one to Bern! :ohoho: But of course I never did it in the end.

Canton Schwyz is a swiss german speaking region of Switzerland which gave the country its name. I live in Einsiedeln to be precise, which is also a historically (and religiously) rather important location of Switzerland even though it is not very famous outside the country. (Not to compare to Vienna of course)

So german is my half-mother language you could say.

Yup, I was lucky enough to see Kalafina live last year! It was a dream come true!!!!

Indeed, the music was incredibly loud, and also, the quality of the background tracks was kinda bad or maybe it was the quality of the soundsystem? I am really not so sure as I know little to nothing about this stuff but it did sound quite a bit messy and there was always this rustling background noise...

Lucky you! :nosebleed:

But it's as I heard from other sources.:leaf: Maybe it was good I didn't attend, because I have a very sensitive ear. I probably would've had tinnitus for weeks afterwards! Oh dear, I had qute some troubles with tinnitus after concerts in the past... :uh..:

The girls performed beautifully though!

I can imagine! :cheer: I also would've gone all the way to Bonn for an autograph only! Did you get one?

SurgamIdentidem said:
OK, I'll call you Puts then! :sparkleguy: (You can call me "Surgam")
Surgam it is!

It's very cool you live in Vienna, it's a city with a huge musical history! :sohappy:
(In Wien war ich mal als kleines Kind, doch seither leider nie mehr :uh..: )
I really enjoy living in Vienna. It's truly a great city :-)

I often travel by train, and when I go to Bern, I always change trains in Zurich. I always see there the ÖBB train to Vienna, and sometimes when studies suck (yes they do sometimes :uh..: ) I just wanted to enter that train instead of the one to Bern! :ohoho: But of course I never did it in the end.
LOL Yup, studies can suck really bad!! I am studying law so I totally know what you are talking about!

Maybe one day you will! :sparkleguy:

Canton Schwyz is a swiss german speaking region of Switzerland which gave the country its name. I live in Einsiedeln to be precise, which is also a historically (and religiously) rather important location of Switzerland even though it is not very famous outside the country. (Not to compare to Vienna of course)
Very interesting! Einsiedeln is the birthplace of Paracelsus! Pretty cool! Didn't know that!

So german is my half-mother language you could say.
Verstehe! :sparkleguy:

Lucky you! :nosebleed:

But it's as I heard from other sources.:leaf: Maybe it was good I didn't attend, because I have a very sensitive ear. I probably would've had tinnitus for weeks afterwards! Oh dear, I had qute some troubles with tinnitus after concerts in the past... :uh..:
Sounds pretty bad. Yup, then you'd have been in A LOT OF pain. Especially if you had been right next to the stage (like me).

I can imagine! :cheer: I also would've gone all the way to Bonn for an autograph only! Did you get one?
I'd have gone JUST to SEE them in REAL LIFE :XD:

:nosebleed: :shy: :dote: They handed out Madoka posters of which I got two signed by all the Japanese guests (including of course, Kalafina).
After the concert I was able to buy their Seventh Heaven and Red Moon album, which were also signed by the girls. I was pretty lucky cause Sony didn't bring enough CDs with them (they clearly underestimated Kalafina's international fanbase) so a lot of people felt kinda disappointed...

btw, if you are interested, here's my tumblr archive. Just look up the posts of July 2012 and you will see some Animagic related stuff (including pics I took, my signatures, my presents for the girls, a short report)
http://putschki1969.tumblr.com/archive

@puts: I also study law at the law school of Athens, but I am sure your school is way better than mine. Mine has a mafia of "students" that are members of the in-university political parties (which are nothing else than branches of the parliament ones) that destoy the look of the buildings by sticking posters with political propaganda in every wall they find, spraying walls with slogans etc etc. In addition the studying program is filled with useless subjects called "selectable" (like 4 subject with title similar to "the viewpoint towards the 2 genders thought the history", "airforce law", "police law" etc) and if this is not enough, the real subjects come with huge books and huge study material that's impossible to study in 2-3 months, which results in storing unpassed (failed) subjects in your back. :uh..: :uh..:

According to the page here http://www.law.uoa.gr/proptyxiakes-spoydes.html, all subjects are 103, with the obligatory subjects being 31, the selectable 72, which separate in "must select" (30) and "free select" (42), and in order to get your Diploma you need to pass all 31 obligatory and 10 selectable. I.m.o the selectables serve only in employing "professors" to teach them, and they shouldnt exist in the first place (apart from 4-5 useful ones like copyright law) since most of them talk about either stupid stuff or too special subjects that should be subject of postgraduate lessons and not undergraduate. I could continue write for 4-5 paragraphs. I think you should consider yourself lucky.

Re:

george1234 said:
@puts: I also study law at the law school of Athens, but I am sure your school is way better than mine. Mine has a mafia of "students" that are members of the in-university political parties (which are nothing else than branches of the parliament ones) that destoy the look of the buildings by sticking posters with political propaganda in every wall they find, spraying walls with slogans etc etc. In addition the studying program is filled with useless subjects called "selectable" (like 4 subject with title similar to "the viewpoint towards the 2 genders thought the history", "airforce law", "police law" etc) and if this is not enough, the real subjects come with huge books and huge study material that's impossible to study in 2-3 months, which results in storing unpassed (failed) subjects in your back. :uh..: :uh..: I could continue write for 4-5 paragraphs. I think you should consider yourself lucky.

I wouldn't be so sure. Although the University of Vienna does have quite a good reputation it's really not all that great here.

Gladly we don't really have those creepy gangster students! THANK GOD!!! We do have silly people though that have nothing better to do than to demonstrate every other week for yet another pointless cause. Instead of spending their time studying they are squatting the unis and preventing us hardworking students from attending lectures...*sighs*
:voodoo: :voodoo: :voodoo:

Useless subjects!!! :omg: Don't get me started on those horrible courses that have NO USE WHATSOEVER but still, those evil people decide to torture us with them!!! WHY?????!!!!
I am THIS close to graduating and NOW they are starting to come up with all kinds of silly requirements that must be met before I can finish...
(All those economy classes are killing me!!! If I had wanted to take economy classes I'd have studied economy!!! :wai: :wai: )

edit: But yes, your system sounds pretty weird and complicated. But so is the system of the University of Vienna. It's all very confusing and unclear.

edit #2: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: Your signature just totally creeped me out :P:P :XD:

^ Luckily there's only 1 economic subject in ours and its form the selectable ones which means if you want you dont choose it. ^^ lol our student gangsters close the school for about 2 weeks in total every year for sure and its so frustrating seeing the gate closed while you have woken up at 7am to go to the lectures :blood:

Re:

george1234 said:
^ Luckily there's only 1 economic subject in ours and its form the selectable ones which means if you want you dont choose it.
Wish I was able to choose as well!! I definitely wouldn't choose them!!!

^^ lol our student gangsters close the school for about 2 weeks in total every year for sure and its so frustrating seeing the gate closed while you have woken up at 7am to go to the lectures :blood:
I totally know how you feel!!!
Thank God we were always warned beforehand if there were bigger demonstrations. That way, we wouldn't come to uni and stand in front of closed gates!

Welcome! Sorry for the late intro from me, I am Liana. Hope you like it here so far, and glad you are a Kala fan! I saw them in Boston and get to see them again this year in Chicago! Are you going? It would be cool to get more people to go. Well, nice to meet you! :dote:

Liana_Ilia said:
Welcome! Sorry for the late intro from me, I am Liana. Hope you like it here so far, and glad you are a Kala fan! I saw them in Boston and get to see them again this year in Chicago! Are you going? It would be cool to get more people to go. Well, nice to meet you! :dote:

Hello Liana, nice to get to know you!

Unfortunately I definitely can't go to Chicago because I'll be in military then :uh..:

But one day, I will go to Japan, and see Yuki/Kalafina there :waii:

But because I am a student, I currently lack the money to travel anywhere (and I don't want to always depend on my father's money :desksweat: )

@aki
Thank you for the welcoming! :dote:

putschki1969 said:

Maybe one day you will! :sparkleguy:

Definitely! :dote: But it's still a six and a half hour travel :uh..: (which is not bad though, considering the distance.)

I'd have gone JUST to SEE them in REAL LIFE

True! :nosebleed:

btw, if you are interested, here's my tumblr archive. Just look up the posts of July 2012 and you will see some Animagic related stuff (including pics I took, my signatures, my presents for the girls, a short report)
http://putschki1969.tumblr.com/archive

Heh, you are a Kalafina freak, aren't you! :ohoho: (That's OK, so am I :XD: )

Wow, you have some pretty Kalafina pictures there! :shy: Some of them I've never seen before! Also the report and the pictures of Animagic are very nice!

(Why couldn't I be there too :orz: )

I was pretty lucky cause Sony didn't bring enough CDs with them (they clearly underestimated Kalafina's international fanbase) so a lot of people felt kinda disappointed...

Kalafina is still too unknown! I mean, they are by far most interesting band I've ever known! It's unbeliavable that there are other acts out there who only produce CRAP and are still outrageously famous! Kalafina does not deserve to be in there shadows! :voodoo:

@george

"Wenn Fliegen hinter Fliegen fliegen, fliegen Fliegen Fliegen nach" :XD:

It's a german saying about flies, (who fly behind flies,) which just came to my mind as I saw your new signature! :ohoho:

Back