I ask you

Kalafina's I have a dream by switching Wakana to Keiko as the main vocal in the first verse because Wakana's voice is soooo dry and Keiko put more attention and detail in her performance of this song, even more so in live performances.

longing or to the beginning?

I don't listen to any podcasts, so I guess I'll just say my favorite talk show on NPR (hopefully close enough): "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!"

If you had to choose between hearing Hikaru singing all of Wakana's parts in Kalafina, or Wakana singing all of Hikaru's parts, which would you choose?

-Gonna Revive this-

Hikaru singing all of Wakana's parts for sure. I've heard enough Wakana to last me a lifetime lol

Favorite recent (so from the past 2 years) Kalafina song?

far on the water, although I have not listened to recent music so long.
Keiko with Wakanas singing voice or Wakana with Keikos singing voice?

I can't answer that honestly, as I've been looking at Keiko for over a decade and am too accustomed to her features.
Edit: I can answer this honestly. If Keiko had Wakana's voice, and still looked the same, I believe that she would almost fall into a stereotype of images. So knowing Wakana's features as well as (and this is not shade but) her age, I would say Wakana with Keiko's voice, and I'm glad that's not going to happen.

Next question is kinda personal compared to everyone else ^ ^', but my friend has just helped me test my actual vocal range and I've found that my lowest note is an F#2 (it's actually an E2 if I've just gotten out of bed and haven't talked to anyone) and my highest note is a C#5, and I have absolutely no control over even getting into my falsetto. What do I call myself? :confu:
Edit2: I found a voice table online and will just assume I'm a baritone. NEW QUESTION: What is Hikaru's vocal range? I've never truly paid attention to this but I assume she has the largest of the three . . .

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's either G3/Ab3 until F#5 (oblivious live) (in falsetto). It's actually the smallest, Keiko & Wakana tie for 2 octaves (Keiko E3 (maybe tomorrow live)-E5 (Door live), Wakana G3 (Kizuato)-G5 (lirica)).

Also that's interesting @Hayden Kurosaki. I'm not a (trained) singer but afaik my lowest note is around there (maybe F/F#2) so I'm guessing I'm a baritone too... haven't measured highest my highest note in falsetto, but guessing around B4/C5... highest note in non-falsetto for me is E4/F4 if I'm lucky, though a couple times I think I've hit a F#4 XD

If you had to choose one artist to permantly join Kalafina, who would you choose?

Last edited by a moderator:
The smallest!? :O Her falsetto sounds like it has such substance, at least recently, that I’d wholeheartedly thought it was head voice. I’m not surprised by her lows, though — her roles in songs like Hyakka Ryouran and Signal, where she sounds so comfortable live, never cease to amaze me.

I’m so scared to answer that — I don’t know many Japanese artists outside of a Kajiura associate, and so my opinion will seem very uneducated. I truly cannot decide my feelings about Yuriko Kaida, and if I would just love for her to join, or if I’m content with her staying backstage singing whatever soundtrack parts she had in respective songs. I’ve said (and who-knows-how-many-people think) that she’s already just the 4th member from background jobs alone. However, there’s a bit of the obvious: it’d then be a 4-person group (which I have no problem with as it was the true format) but “3 are from FJ! What about FJ!? What about Kaori’s feelings?” And I can’t say that wouldn’t be awkward as a fan. Thus I don’t know and would certainly hope that someone equally talented and simultaneously unique were found again and added.

Who of the Kajiura associates has sung the largest collective amount of your favorite songs in Kajiura OSTs? (I’ll be recounting when I get access to my computer but I’m almost certain that mine is Miss Ito.)

Last edited:
Mine is Eri as well. Her voice is very nice to hear, but the songs Kajiura writes for her make it shine all the more brightly. I really miss the way Kajiura used to work with her singers. In the past, she always seemed to carefully choose each singer for her soundtracks and write actual songs for them to sing as opposed to the dissonant here and there background wailing that we get nowadays.

What do you do when your sick with the flu?

Unfortunately I just combine long hot showers against my back and various kinds of hot tea with feeling horrible, so I say leave that question open to someone else.

Speaking of Eri Ito again, is the OST song Moebius in 3-part or 4-part harmony?

Unfortunately I just combine long hot showers against my back and various kinds of hot tea with feeling horrible, so I say leave that question open to someone else.

Speaking of Eri Ito again, is the OST song Moebius in 3-part or 4-part harmony?

Switch to some nice wet roast coffee, the perk will improve your mood. Also lots of tea is full of toxic free radicals that interact badly with the blood. Here's the one I take and I think it helps with overall health http://tinyurl.com/ycgwnzq8

Korean or another Asian language because that'd be the least jarring lol

(Also because I think that Korean and Japanese are the two languages that tend to sound the best in songs. Like it's hard to explain but one of the reasons I don't like listening to English music much is that I just don't like how lyrics can sound obviously forced/unnatural when singing, and the English language just doesn't tend to flow well in songs imo. I've noticed the same thing about Chinese too, Chinese is a very angular and harsh language which makes songs in that language kinda unpleasant to listen to sometimes, at least for me.
But I find that both Korean and Japanese are smoother sounding languages and flow really well in songs, which is partially why 90% of the music I listen to now is either kpop or kpop singers Japanese albums lol. Sorry if this explanation is super vague, I'm tired :p)

Thing that excites you the most about a song? (for example: whether the song has cool harmonies, melodies, countermelodies, instrumental, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the harmonies followed by wonderful melodies (the reason why I love progressive ballads so much)
A concert to a band which is lower on your favor, but near your home and for free or a concert of your fave artist(s), but miles away and very expensive (Neither of them does not count)

@sarasara Russian actually sounds really nice when sung, too. Finnish can pretty as well, as can French.

OT: depends entirely on the artists really. In most cases I'd go to a local but free concert but for some artists (Kala, Aimer, a few metal bands I really enjoy etc.) I'd totally pay a lot for.

Two artists you like are splitting up, one of which is one of your favourites and the other is one you like a lot, but not quite as much. Would you rather have one last song from your favourite, or an album from the other artist?

@Seasonreaper Oh yeah, agreed about Russian too, I forgot about that one lol.

As for the question, ugh that's tough. Out of my two current favorite groups (SHINee being my current favorite, f(x) falling in the second category you mentioned), f(x) has been speculated to split up soon for a super long time (they haven't had a proper comeback in 2 years), so honestly at this point I'm just accepting that their split will happen soon at some point, which is why I'd just want them to release one last fantastic album rather than disbanding without any new music in years:/

With SHINee, even though I'd be devastated if they split, at least the majority of their members have other solo ventures that I could follow and get invested in (Jonghyuns composing career+ plus his own solo albums, and Taemins solo albums.) , while f(x) doesn't really have that :/

One genre of music will be erased from the world forever. Which genre would you choose to permanently erase?

Hip Hop. I've never liked a single "song" in that genre. Easy choice :XD:

I guess sort of the reverse of sara's question- if you could only listen to 1 genre of music for the rest of your life, what would it be? (K-pop/J-pop both count as pop, J-rock would count as rock, etc.)

Lol, I would've chosen hip hop too, but there are actually a lot of songs I've recently discovered that have hip hop + trap roots but change it up and make the song more musically interesting than the traditional boring hip-hop.
(SHINEE'S Trigger and Alive are good examples of this, they're like the only hip-hop tracks SHINee has ever done but they're different and non-generic enough (The harp instrumental in Trigger is so cool, like you never hear that anywhere else in hip hop lmao :XD:)that I actually quite like them. Red Velvet's Attaboy is another good example, the harmonies and countermelodies in that song are crazy )
If I were to actually answer my own question, now I'd probably choose Country music lol

For your question though, that's easy lol. Pop all the way. Theres just so much variation in pop that makes it not boring to listen to for long periods of time. R&b is a very close second, as that's my favorite genre of music, but I have to be a specific mood in order to want to listen to it for long periods of time

Genre of music you used to hate but now you like?

Hard Rock. I used to not be able to stand the loudness of the music but now I love it ^w^

And again the reverse cause yay for originality, one genre you used to like but now dislike

Back