Hidden content for non members

They do, they are just hidden in onions. But when you have 4 posts saying " thank you so much" or "trust the onion" hidding them is pointless...

I still wonder why people care so much for what some stupid ants say ( I mean japanese fans who offended someone) :tea:

Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
I still wonder why people care so much for what some stupid ants say ( I mean japanese fans who offended someone) :tea:

+1000

well, if they not just offend but also do damages to us... like preventing our members who have good sources to share with us ...

Then we have to defend our self..

Re:

ZoaKaizer said:
well, if they not just offend but also do damages to us... like preventing our members who have good sources to share with us

They do what? Point a gun at their heads to prevent this from happening?

^ According to Kera-chan, they did that already. And thats a considerale loss for us.

I think it's their own fault if they can't fight with it

well if they outnumbered, and they are one of us, of course we have to help. And i think this hostile offenders are also a threat to us, because they preventing our members who have good source such as FJC members if theres any to share with us, thus preventing us from get information.

Ok.

The following idea is beyond my current knowledge of phpBB3, so it might not happen, but this is a method I would support.

As of writing, it does not work, so don't think of sending any PMs or emails about it.

~

There is a group called "Tipsters". To be added to this group, you need a mod or admin to add you to it.

As part of being a member of this group, you get a new post type: "Tip"; It has a few features.

1. It has a "make public" date. Before this date, it is visible only to members, stickied to the top of lists, and no members can reply to it. If someone links to it, and the person that clicks the link is not signed in, they will get a page saying "this page will be made public on xxxxxx"
2. When it is "made public", people that are not signed in will not be able to see any information on who made the tip. They will, however, be able to see the post. Comments will also be opened. The post will also be un-stickied.
3. If the tipster wishes to edit or delete the post before it is made public, so be it.
4. Tips must be "made public" no more than say... a month... after original post.

Part of the intent here is, "everything will eventually become public", and not forever sit in obscurity.

Thoughts on the idea?

ummm... my head doesn't seem very prone to thinking right now... :@_@: It would help to see this all in action...

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
ummm... my head doesn't seem very prone to thinking right now... :@_@: It would help to see this all in action...
Same, Nicky :uh..:

I understood, and I think it kinda serves what we want because 1) threads in the forum are usually active for about a month 2) even if they are for more, the said post would be so deep in it so people wont be able find it easily / will be lazy to :plot:
We need opinions of more people too though.

for now i think what we're already doing is the best way
anything else would isolate/highlight the fact that there are posts we don't want outsiders to see (and make it more easy for them to see it as soon as they make an account - currently new users still don't know what method we use to "hide" things)

problem with some are dead links or either lazy to google (Like I do sometimes when I can't find a 320kbps album/single or couldn't find it at all xD)

Back