Hidden content for non members

Z

ZoaKaizer

i saw in some other forums that there are features to hide some post to non members.

Like this for example http://www.indowebster.web.id/showthrea ... ost8962567

this can secure CPM from spies and stalkers and motivate visitor to join CPM :XD:

whe should make this kind of features also. :XD:

we can put label "you have to be Member to view this content" :plot:

I think we have enough 0 or 1 posts members, we dont need more, thus this measure is not that good for gathering more members, since maybe if people see this get irritated and dont join and anyway someone joins when he/she decides for it. Having some hidden containt will just result in a faster and forced decition.
If you think of it its not good for avoiding stalkers as well because if someone wants to stalk this bad he makes an account just to see the links and doesnt post.

I would argue against it -

As George said, we do have several of 0- or 1- post members. And an expanding board does not just mean more members, it means more active members. This leads to the though of "We should require members to post before they see content". Which leads to posts of pleasant nothings, and still no real activity.

"Spies"? what constitutes a spy in a public board? Someone who copies and doesn't credit? Requiring membership will not change that. I can't think of anything else. "Stalkers" will hardly find such a requirement a deterrent.

There is also the false sense of security such an act gives. Members of the board already can be one step short of anonymous if they wish to be; what would "oh, only members will see this" encourage?

Please, arguments and examples before this is seriously considered.

Or we may make the hidden content can only be viewed by members with some amount number of posts, so there will be no one only registered to see the post without being active. This also will avoid 0-1 post members.

maybe we can make strict rules about spamming and off topic post ?

i don't see anything wrong with zero posters or "spammers" who post a lot in the spam board

it makes the place more lively

I agree with Sud, there's no point in hiding content to outsiders, if you think about it there's a lot of members that have said they were long time stalkers, and seeing the lively community we have here they decided to join us, and i believe that's a remarkable issue to consider about, the important thing is social interaction.

what i mean by stalkers are those japanese fans that hostile toward us for what they found in our forum. I come up with this idea from my short conversation with Kera-chan about them earlier.

Yes this would be a solution for them , but the negative parts of it as more than the positive ones. If you think of it they havent complained for a while and if you think of it theie goddess, Yuki , respect us so who cares about their opinion? :XD:

I resently read in an article that Japan high debt is caused by the ovarproduction of their factories and the similaneous low - compared to it- rate of buys of the produced products. If they have such problem why dont they release their products (here: CDs, anime etc) in the other countries as well ? :ayashii: If they do so, no more "piracy" :glasses:

although hiding things is like saying "DON'T LOOK HERE, IT'S ILLEGAL PIRATY STUFF WE DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE" :uh..:

Who cares about piracy, anyway? :uh..:

Plus, who cares about what the others say? Where is free speech? I am against the "censorship".

Re:

Kerahna said:
although hiding things is like saying "DON'T LOOK HERE, IT'S ILLEGAL PIRATY STUFF WE DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE" :uh..:

it's more like "hi there, we have stuff that you don't :p"

Re:

ZoaKaizer said:
what i mean by stalkers are those japanese fans that hostile toward us for what they found in our forum. I come up with this idea from my short conversation with Kera-chan about them earlier.

...could you provide specifics/links? These might be problems that need to be addressed.

There were no forum posts, the complains were done via the old shoutbox half a year ago or more. And we also learnt about some complains by members who posted download link or other info here (Yumi, gilsa) and got offensed by the japanese/hardcore fans because of this.

Personally, options like this always irritated me, so I can't be objective here. :XD: Although if we find some real meaning to it, why not? :tea:

maybe we can make strict rules about spamming and off topic post ?

CPM: The Deconstruction... :ohoho:

And what did they find? A branch of The Pirate Bay? Gimme a break, the inhabitants of this forum buy more licensed stuff than anywhere else on the Internet I've EVER seen. If those guys STILL have problems, they'd better address Victor/JVC/Sony/other labels and ask them to give a bit MORE of a damn about distributing Yuki Kajiura's music worldwide. :knife:
I refuse to believe that, say, a band like Kalafina wouldn't sell like hot cakes if properly advertised. But that's already offtopic.

And besides,

who posted download link or other info here

DL links I can understand; but what's this about "other info"? :desksweat: :XD:

As to common stalkers and trolls... it's just easier to ignore them. Or work out our manifesting reaction that will be positive but firm. Like,

Troll's remark: I HATE YUKI KAJIURA! =PPP
CPM's answer: ok for you, but in our opinion, she's the GREATEST composer you've ever come to hate.
:sparkleguy: :ohoho:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
DL links I can understand; but what's this about "other info"? :desksweat: :XD:

To be exact I remember Yumi posting some audio rips of the very first RHH episode last year, and some people of a japanese forum she was moderator (?) at offensed her, thus she stopped posting in cpm :cry:

Back