Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...cd-singles-chart-for-3-straight-weeks/.165907
Movie is currently the 10th biggest success ever in Japan. Sad for Ufotable: RIP Tsukihime remake, God Eater S2, TOZX S3, Girl's Work and many more. Also what ever happened to Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu movie project ?
I don't know where to post this but
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-summer-launch-on-ps4-switch-in-video/.168035
The game remake is now real (only took like 10+years of prayers? lol). With ufotable on OP animation.

Just a matter of time for anime remake?

PS. Fukasawa is doing the game so I think Kajiura is out of the run for the anime, should it happen.

Last edited:
Op by Reona? Maybe it will follow the Sawano /Kajiura trend then (he worked with Lisa and ASCA some months before Kajiura did it, and nzk reona is on the way). I had not watched the PV that actually features reona’s song, so Kajiura x Reona not for now.

also Fate/Grand Carnival by Takanashi, so it seems like Kajiura escaped the Type-Moon train this year.

Last edited:
also Fate/Grand Carnival by Takanashi,
Yea but he did the previous Carnival Phantasms so no big surprise.

Now that Nasu moved his ass to work on this maybe he and ufotable actually do something about Girls' Work? That was announced right after kara no kyoukai wasn't it? lol. GW was not by Nasu apparently. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Op by Reona? Maybe it will follow the Sawano /Kajiura trend then (he worked with Lisa and ASCA some months before Kajiura did it, and nzk reona is on the way).

It was a matter of time too for Reona and Kajiura to collab Sony be pushing this girl on every chance they get lol. I won't be surprised if they will do it in Progressive Movie.

PS. Fukasawa is doing the game so I think Kajiura is out of the run for the anime, should it happen.

I still hope for TYPE-MOON(fatelol) Kajiura not participating in terms of OST but I'll take OP/ED :innocent:

If ever Original Fate would be adapted by ufotable, big chance they'll gonna get Go Shiina so no "favoritism" for hiring their composers haha tho if that happens they still gonna insert Kajiura thru OP/ED lol.

Last edited:
YK tweeted this about Homura, and I felt like I should put the statement here because why not. Also warning for Google Translate nonsense.

Thank you to everyone who commented on me for the wonderful award of LiSA. "Flame" is not only for the work of Kimetsu no Yaiba, but also for LiSA's many thoughts, and we made it together. (Continued) I'm really happy that LiSA sang carefully and was evaluated by various people because I was able to create a song that responds to LiSA's strong feelings. I am honored to be a composer. Congratulations to LiSA! From now on, it was the end of the year when I renewed my desire to go out with music carefully, one song at a time, one note at a time ... After all, that's all you can do, and that's all.

Also I guess if there is a ReoNa collab then there’ll be no excuse for me to not listen to her discography. And I‘ve been procrastinating Luna Haruna and ASCA’s for like six months so I’m sure I’ll get to that quickly . . .

From now on, it was the end of the year when I renewed my desire to go out with music carefully, one song at a time, one note at a time ... After all, that's all you can do, and that's all.

Does she mean she is now writing songs slower and with more attention ?

I don't know where to post this but
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-summer-launch-on-ps4-switch-in-video/.168035
The game remake is now real (only took like 10+years of prayers? lol). With ufotable on OP animation.

Just a matter of time for anime remake?

Maybe there’s hope for Girls’ Work yet...

As for tsukihime, I dunno. I don’t want Kajiura going anywhere near fate/type moon for a long time....but I feel like the romance of vampires, immortality, and the moon might make for some good gothic inspired music.

There was a more live performance, as in, Yuki and Lisa on a stage, on youtube now. It is pretty good. I like First Take better, sorry, Yuki! Also Lisa does a song with Uru, can Yuki also do a song with Uru please? Like, this needs to happen, yesterday. heh

According to VGMdb (how the hell do they get these early news?)

Kimetsu no Yaiba: Kamado Tanjiro Risshihen Original Soundtrack - May 26, 2021 (commercial, 2 CD)
I'm surprised that the title doesn't refer to the movie title. So I think it will mostly include all previous tracks by Kajiura and a selection of tracks by Go Shiina, as the title means something like "Compilation of Kamado Tanjiro's resolve". This is the first commercial release actually (except the Nami uta thing). But still: #ReleaseTheFictionJunctionCut

Kimetsu no Yaiba Orchestra Concert ~Kimetsu no Kanade~ - August 25, 2021 (commercial, 2CD)
Kimetsu no Yaiba Orchestra Concert ~Kimetsu no Kanade~ [Limited Edition] - August 25, 2021 (commercial, 2CD + bluray)
Wtf I think I missed when this concert was held ???

Last edited:
There was a series of KnY concerts, i thought they were all cancelled but maybe they did hold one or did one without audience just to record and sell it like this

Kimetsu no Yaiba: Kamado Tanjiro Risshihen Original Soundtrack - May 26, 2021 (commercial, 2 CD)
I'm surprised that the title doesn't refer to the movie title. So I think it will mostly include all previous tracks by Kajiura and a selection of tracks by Go Shiina, as the title means something like "Compilation of Kamado Tanjiro's resolve". This is the first commercial release actually (except the Nami uta thing). But still: #ReleaseTheFictionJunctionCut

Kimetsu no Yaiba Orchestra Concert ~Kimetsu no Kanade~ - August 25, 2021 (commercial, 2CD)
Kimetsu no Yaiba Orchestra Concert ~Kimetsu no Kanade~ [Limited Edition] - August 25, 2021 (commercial, 2CD + bluray)
Wtf I think I missed when this concert was held ???
now confirmed, 6 months out sure is a long time.

The orchestral concerts happened in mid-November and had an audience. Only November 15th was streamed. Video footage from that performance will be included on the Blu-ray.

In order to watch that concert online, I had to sign up on Ticket Pia, which requires both a Japanese mobile number (for repeated verifications, also prompts you to call in) and a Japanese credit card (6gram, which is a JCB prepaid, works). It’s more of a hassle compared to the Japanese e+ ticketing platform. Ticket Pia does have a separate international-friendly site, but the concert was not listed there.

I completely missed this news thanks to S2 announcement, lulz.

If I remember correctly, Go Shiina's GOD EATER standalone OST had brand new mixes compared to the "M-XX" tracks for each episode on tokuten OST. I don't want to say they were suites or medleys cause I remember absolutely nothing from GOD EATER beyond that one loop and thinking the insert song/s were horrible.

Edit:
https://kimetsu.com/anime/risshihen/music/?page=soundtrack

There's a vague description here. They are only including the tv size for from the edge, lulz.

Last edited:
Back