FictionJunction Club member-only lives, January 23 & 31, 2015

Hasn't Yuuka an accident? Maybe she is still in bad condition and she can't appear?

I don't like Asuka' voice, it sounds too flat.
Setlist isn't wrong. I like elemental+tetotetotome+love come down combination.

Kajiura twits
梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura @Fion0806 · 1m1 minute ago
友人に「今日のMCはスタンディングにしては確かに長かったが、一番長かったのは新しいCDの宣伝でもなくライブのお知らせもでもなく、『漫画EAT-MANまじ面白からみんな読んで!新連載も!』という所だったのではないか」と言われた。そうかな。う〜んそうかも。( ̄∇ ̄*)ゞエヘ

TKv6tT64_normal.jpe梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura @Fion0806 · 10m10 minutes ago
かおりちゃんに頂いた入浴剤でお風呂ぽかぽかしたし、明日の予習をするですよ。【〜〜〜(´▽`A)〜〜〜】ハァーコリャコリャ

TKv6tT64_normal.jpe梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura @Fion0806 · 2h2 hours ago
ライブ版CD収録曲のリクエストもありがとうございます(´▽`)。メモる!!

TKv6tT64_normal.jpe梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura @Fion0806 · 3h3 hours ago
からふぃな曲では一緒に手をくるくるとかやってみたかったんだけど、何だか上手く回す自信が無くて(^▽^;)出来なかったぜ。まだ修行不足なんだぜ。次は客席で回すぜ。

そんな、今日はスマートに鍵を取り出して無事帰宅した私でした!ヾ(  ̄▽)ゞ

結局MC……割と長めになり……すみませんでしたm(_ _)m。でも皆様が本当に近くて、客席も明るめで、失礼ながら皆様のお顔をかなりガン見させて頂いておりました( ̄▽ ̄) 。今日あの場所で一緒にライブを作って下さって、本当にありがとうございました。またお会い出来ますことを!

本日のFJCライブ、ご参加下さったみなさま本当にありがとうございました!スーパーウルトラ楽しかったであります(>_<;;;)。もっとやっていたかったよ〜。

What a great setlist!
No anime tie-ins for Kalafina.. love come down and Kyrie <3 and Ongaku, as expected.
though I hope Yuuka-chan was there. And its been a while since their last performance with Asuka. <3 <3

Phew. I'm tired. I'm not gonna report much on the songs as I simply enjoyed myself and pretty much blanked out after that.

The sound quality at this place was not up to par. It was the first time they performed at this location and supposedly they picked this place because it was the only standing hall that can accomodate all members. 2,000 attended today. Those at the back reported quite a bit of echoing and there was howling at certain points. The girls did well though. They were very engaging today. Their dresses were very pretty too. Kaori, expecially, had a white dress that exposes the waist (her belly was covered so imagine a diamond shaped hole on each side). Sexay.

I did meet several Taiwanese, Hong Kong and Chinese fans today. And since they helpfully recapped some of the mc stuff, I'll post some of what I remember.

In the first mc, after skipping the usual kajiura-go explanation (it's the fc. everyone knows), kajiura started introducing the songs performed. As she was introducing the eat man theme, she launched into full advertising mode for the manga. It... went on for quite a while. So much for keeping it short!

Today's topic was "what do you want in 2015"

We began with Hikaru.
Hikaru wants to find a new place of healing. Like a cafe. She says that she wants a cafe where she can sit, relax, and not have anyone bother her. Kajiura thinks that would be wonderful too. They then go on chatting about how after frequenting a cafe for a bit, the owner eventually comes talk to them. That in itself is kind of annoying to them and they usually stop going when that happens. They prefer not to be disturbed at all.

Kajiura moves on and asks keiko "what do you want in the year two thousand one hundred and......" oops lol. The crowd laughs and keiko says she won't be alive then.

Keiko... reflects on her choice after hearing Hikaru's but tells the crowd anyway. She wants to go to a convenience store, and buy every single gummy available on the shelf! It isn't a difficult thing to do. Would probabaly cost 5,000 yen or so, but the act itself requires some courage. Kajiura initially mistakes the reason why keiko hasn't done it yet as not being able to finish it all on her own, and asks her to do it before a rehearsal so everyone can help clear it. She gives a confused "huh" and is all why would I do that?? She plans to eat them all on her own. Lol. Kajiura then tells her to post on the blog saying "today, I did that" when she finally does it.

Wakana wants a field for farming.

Did everyone get that?

A field for farming.

Lol. She wants to grow her own vegetables because she loves them so so much. Kajiura tells her to start smaller with something other than buying a large plot of land somewhere rural since her wife Keiko gave her the no go on stage ("dame!" while making a cross with her hands).

Yuriko Kaida wants a room where she can work. She has been trying her hand at writing music but is currently doing it somewhere where there is a lot of distractions. One moment she is working and the next, she is watching TV and falling asleep on the couch.

Kaori gave us two things. Realistically, she wants a bicycle. Unrealistically, she wants a body that can stay healthy, without liver failure or a beer tummy, no matter how much beer she drinks.

Asuka wants to improve in making pastry and sweets. She's not bad at cooking, but she just can't get sweets right because she's always very loose regarding using the right amount of ingredients. Kajiura encourages her and after a long talk, summarises with a "what I'm saying is, please make something for me to eat".

Junior wants a new auto toy car/bike(???) for his 3 year old daughter. Those you can sit in and drive around.

Kyouichi says there's nothing that he wants anymore. All that he wants is in his hands.

Konno hitoshi wants a second car. Not just any car. A convertible.

Korenaga wants happiness for the audience.

The manipulator (I'm sorry) wants darts. The girls actually broke into a off mic discussion regarding this at one point.

Then we had the news on the live album. And two additions to YK 12.

Yeah. I can't remember anything else. I was quite in front so I spent quite a bit of energy ogling uh err I mean, giving my undivided attention to the girls.

Edit:
Oh goodness. I forgot to mention kajiura's. The first is to get a new desk for her workshop of sorts. Yeah. She has a place where she makes stuff on her own. Tinkering around with her fancy tools and stuff. I remember her giving soap as an example of what she makes there. There was something else but I can't remember. She says it's difficult to find the perfect desk to replace the one she has which is riddled with marks and cuts.

The other thing she wanted was something she already made. It's up for sale as one of the goods so it sort of became advertising. She says she wants to be able to find her keys whenever she goes home. M-san, who drives her home, remarked that he has never ever seen her enter the house whenever he looks at his rear view mirror while driving off, since she is always standing there fumbling through her bag. Enough that he jokingly asks if she really lives there.. So she had the key chain made. It's the one available in black or red (red sold out real quick). The key thing (pun not intended) is the retractable portion of the keychain. In order to show the driver that she lives there, she practiced grabbing the keys from the key chain in front of the mirror multiple times.

Edit2: sorry. Had to edit Keiko's part a little. Remembered some stuff.

And that synth brass that I talked about before? That was one of the see saw covers. I laughed when I spotted the synth brass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kajiura moves on and asks keiko "what do you want in the year two thousand one hundred and......" oops lol. The crowd laughs and keiko says she won't be alive then.

Keiko... reflects on her choice after hearing Hikaru's but tells the crowd anyway. She wants to go to a convenience store, and buy every single gumi available on the shelf! It isn't a difficult thing to do. Would probabaly cost 5,000 yen or so, but the act itself requires some courage. Kajiura initially mistakes the reason why keiko hasn't done it yet as not being able to finish it all on her own, and asks her to do it before a rehearsal so everyone can help clear it. She gives a confused "huh" and is all why would I do that?? She plans to eat them all on her own. Lol. Kajiura then tells her to post on the blog saying "today, I did that" when she finally does it.

Wakana wants a field for farming.

Did everyone get that?

A field for farming.

Lol. She wants to grow her own vegetables because she loves them so so much. Kajiura tells her to start smaller with something other than buying a large plot of land somewhere rural since her wife Keiko gave her the no go on stage ("dame!" while making a cross with her hands).

haha!..cant stop laughing after reading this! thank you so much, @Hatouchan !:chuu::XD:

Thanks for the report Hatouchan!!

if one has enough money already is isbad if wants to live closer to the nature by cultinating veggies, imo :)

Wakana farming somewhere rural? She has no time for that right now (hence the no go from keiko). If she farms, she will have to retire from singing and kalafina especially since they're so busy!

It's just a very out of the left field (omg. I'm really not doing these on purpose. Pun not intended!) answer.

I love Wakana's random and unusual answers to questions like this. I guess it's hard for people who live and work in large cities to have gardens and grow their own food...are allotments in Japan a thing? :confu: My parents and grandparents have always lived in small rural English towns, but had to wait until they'd retired to find enough time. Home-grown fruit and veggies really are great though. I hope she gets the chance to do that someday! :V:

This FC live marks many 'firsts' on a personal level.

TL;DR ver:

OMGOMGOMGOMGLIVEOMGOMGOMG
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

In addition to being my first ever concert in Japan, this was also my first trip to the land of rising sun, my first sight of snow (leftovers on the ground) and my first time walking in the rain on a cold, wintry noon (while looking for directions to my hotel).

I had previously caught Kalafina at AFASG and AFAID, as well as Yuki Kajiura in Hong Kong and Kalafina in Hong Kong but this experience takes the cake. Acoustics and sound issues aside, I thought this hall was decent (compared to the earlier 4 events I mentioned.

IMO, Toyosu Pit ranks in the middle in terms of hall acoustics; Y-loft in Hong Kong where Kalafina performed last year and AFAID's Jakarta Convention Centre were the better ones, while Singapore's Suntec Convention Centre is a sad excuse for a concert location. I thought the Kowloon International Trade and Exhibition Centre was quite bad too when I first caught Yuki Kajiura live.

That said, having a live band support or playing a CD minus one track quite possibly had an impact too on the acoustic too - all AFAs are mostly done with minus ones except for the artistes who bring over their band.

Yesterday's live was the first all-standing event I took part in and I was extremely excited in the hours leading up to the concert mainly for 2 reasons: first ever FC-tagged event - not being a resident and nary a comprehension of the language, I was pretty worried and anxious about the ID check. The second was because this is a live concert. How can one not be excited for a concert?!

I was very restless in the morning as I prepared my meals. Meals shouldn't be a problem for most - where I was at Shibuya there were eateries everywhere. As luck would have it, I am a vegetarian, and there wasn't really much of a choice for me sans an eatery somewhere south of Shibuya (Nagi Shokudo, in case anyone's interested). A minor inconvenience, but everything's fine as long as I can catch the concert, right?

OmfPX46.jpg

Fast forward, I met up with Hatouchan and we headed over to the location. Did the ID and ticket verification first and the sense of relief sunk in immediately. There wasn't much of a queue for the goods, but the S sized black hoodie went OOS first. The Utahime produce keychain charm was limited to 3 units per purchase. CDs of Kalafina and Yuki Kajiura were on sale too!

After getting our loots, we dumped our bags in the lockers and waited in the winter sun at our designated waiting areas. Our tickets were printed with a entry number and the organizers had us separated in batches. The winds were pretty strong, and having only a normal tee with the concert hoodie on was on hindsight not a very clever decision.

It was finally my turn (Hatouchan was in the 1xx range, while I was at the 4xx group) and I handed over 500yen, collected a drink coupon, a FJC mini screenwipe, survey forms and all before rushing into the hall with the rest.

I chose not to squeeze with the rest in the front part of the hall; the hall as far as I can tell was separated into 4 parts. There were about 4 lines worth of fellow FC members when I entered, and I decided to go for the middle portion where I could lean on a railing during the concert.

My mind was in a blank when the concert ended, and after a quick meeting with the new international friends we found I had to ditch them and return to my hotel to prepare for my departure the following morning.

While typing this on my phone at the airport, I was able to consolidate my thoughts on some parts of the performance:

Gaika - woo gaika!

salva nos/ zodiacal sign- I have watched/listened to this on occasions, but nothing beats the live edition.

nowhere 5 girls version - interesting take but I preferred Kalafina's cover in Animax.

Everlasting song - Hikaru's role was quite muted here, and I was surprised that the FC song was not covered in this concert.
The friends and experiences I made would not have been possible without cpm and its members, and I'm extremely thankful for it. Although I couldn't spare more time to travel around, I do think that the experience is worth it. If you do get the chance to attend a live concert/event, please go for it!

Thank you for the report @Hatouchan! :chuu:

Love the MCs. They always manage to turn mundane talk interesting. I hope there'll be pictures soon. Can't wait to see those dresses :sohappy:

Back