Explain your username! c:

@ errinundera: Wow, what a beautiful place. *A*

Well, I've been using the screen name Chiisai for quite a few years now. 'Chiisai' (小さい) is the Japanese word for 'small' or 'little'. When I was younger there were some kids who always called me "short" and stuff like that, so now I thought I'd make something out of it. :ohoho:

My username couldn't be more unoriginal since it's my first name. xD

Thread revived cos there's really a lot of new users now since the last date.

I was just thinking of a username that would rhyme and sound pleasant... Then the 26th is my birth date. I remember someone got confused cos I said I was 21 years old...? :confu:

^ 26th of september, really?? :XD:

Megy is a nickname taken out of my real name so I g along with it. Tomitatsu is a raising forutune so I took a liking of it :XD:

Yup, 26th Sept was the day I greeted the world.

Don't tell me it's yours as well... :ayashii:

Edit: @Megy: Yup, I'll be 22 this year.

Interesting thread :ayashii:
Well my username started as a misspelled word (it was "worm book" originally) b/c I translated the word literally from my mother tongue.
Later I found out that it's also a possible interpretation of my real name.
Finally it's the embodiment of my ideals, and my way of life.
Many, well, unpleasant things happened that led me to think of and use this name, but let's not talk about that.
Now I use this name as my 2nd name, and foreign name. (I always burst out laughing when foreigners say my real name. It's totally unrecognizable :XD:)
Oh, and I didn't like the " " in "worm book" so I omitted it.

@Casa: Well pretty close as much xD

Mine is 24th of September. :XD: (but I have a friend who is 26th xD)
Youll be 22 then?

My nickname is from me loving Japan and being a girl...and my birth year... Tokyo+girl+1996.

My nickname came from Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, and '00 was when I first started using nataku online. It's my most common username for internet things (usually nataku or nataku00).

Mine was just a place that I was passing through, and a bit of a play on the name of JAM Project member Hironobu Kageyama:

68189.img.jpg

since i'm a huge fan of kaguya from touhou (i'm pretty much obsessed with her), ofc i had to have a username based off of her lol :ohoho:

in particular, "immortalbirdcage" comes from (one of my favorite interpretations of) her situation in canon; this picture i saw on pixiv only cemented it lol (i didn't share it here because it's a persona crossover, and persona/shadow can be... disturbing, lol :uh..: and i'm still not sure as to the guidelines on this forum)

Ophelia Arcana

I dreamed of 2 person, a male and a female, calling me with the name Ophelia in my dream. I only heard their voices but cannot see who is calling me. When I head towards the direction of the voices calling me, I woke up. Even though Ophelia is not the name my parents had given me, when the voices called out Ophelia, I immediately knew they are calling to me. It's an instinctual feeling. Ever since that dream I had when I was 16, I stick to the name until today... at the age of 21 this year in 2013.

No one I knew in real life can pronounce "Ophelia" correctly. :wai:

As for "Arcana", I derived that from the word "arcane", which is related to arcane magic, due to my mania with Warcraft lore back then in my teens. :ohoho:

Corpse Princess, its a anime that I really liked and wanted to treasure it some how so I thought hey what the heck I'll have it as my name. Plus sometimes i feel like the walking dead that kicks ass >.>

littlefelicita means 'small felicity'~
from 'poca felicita' <- Gunslinger Girl's soundtrack album :sohappy: :sohappy:
though i think nobody realizes it~

REVIVING THREAD
My name says 'magic' in three different languages. English, Latin and Japanese

I thought it sounded cool at the time cause Magia was my first Kala and Kajiura song but turns out my names too long :uh..:

Jim.jpg

This character from a confidential anime, which the first one I discovered ever, is called 大間 仁, Daima Jin. In French it was adapted as Jim Daïma. My nickname comes from a misinterpretation of the diaeresis on the "i", which actually serves to isolate the "i" from that "a", "da-i-ma" (without it, it would sound like "die-ma", but I thought was used to replace two "i"s, like in Hawaï/Hawaii for example. I was young at this time, I had absolutely no knowledge of Japanese :XD:

Why this character? He loves sleeping and eating. Like me.

And like Hikaru-chan too.

Haha mine is really boring. The letter 'a' is the initial for my first name. And my family name is 'Chan', therefore 'a-chan' :XD:

Back