Explain your username! c:

W

wintersviolet

(...because sometimes, you just wonder :ohoho:)

Got an interesting/awesome/downright weird explanation for your CPM username? Tell here! :sparkleguy:

Since I made this thread, I guess I should go first: (though my story isn't that amusing):

I read a short story a few months ago, called "A Study in Emerald" by Neil Gaiman. In one part of the story, there is a play in which a little girl tries to sell violets out in the snow; she finally succumbs to the bitter winter and dies. To me, she was "winter's" little "violet" ;_;

Also, winter is my favorite season :shy: And I think violets are pretty :love:

And that is all.

Soo please post! :gimmeh: (Btw, hopefully your explanations aren't as formal or as boring as mine. :XD: Good daaaaay to you!

my username.....
greatness
epic
smexy
strength
lovely
cute
wisdom

-The End-

I first used the name on a forum 5 years ago. I used to be very into My Chemical Romance.

I took a word from one of their song title "Headfirst for Halos" and added a random word "farm" at the end.

I liked it. I used it lots more. The end.

"Yukia" was the name of one of the characters from one of my stories I was working on long ago. "Rei" is the first syllable (two in Japanese, I guess) of my actual first name.

Silver is my favourite colour. There was no way I'd get "silver" as a username, so I added another colour. Silvery white is a nice colour too :ayashii: No idea when I started using it but I use silverywhite everywhere now :ohoho:

found the name when I was reading chobits many years ago
since then I always use this username :ohoho:

My real name is "Melissa," which is Greek for "honeybee," and honeybee in Chinese is "Mi Feng."
And I'm part Chinese. xD

Woo! I'm so boring. :uh..:

:omgwtf:

Yuki88

Yuki -> snow in Japanese. not from Yuki Kajiura, you know :plot:

88 -> my birth year. :uh..:

add Kuroi and that's my darker side :knife:

tsubasa - taken from tsubasa chronicle, especially the song of FJKAORI 'Tsubasa' so since then I am using this UN XD

I was active in the myst community and i made this name in the style of the d'ni language :XD: it's a stupid name that i thought up when i was 13 lol

The word Hua Xiao Min is really my invented chinese name.
It is a girl's name which I just wanted to use when i have to deny my own gender.

Oh explaining the username :ayashii:
When i was around 13/14 years old i used to like "ah megami-sama" and the main character name was belldandy. After researching a bit about the name origins of the character, i found out it comes from the norse mithology goddess of time, Verðandi, which represents the present. Verthand is another way of writing it, and since it doesnt sounds neither male or female i took it :XD:
Anime is culture too :glasses:

Alphard comes from the anime Canaan.
And Sokaina is the name of one Moroccan princess. She is a beautiful girl, you know :ohoho: But I think I misspelled her name :uh..: By the way, I like how it sounds

Hmm I wanted something new and unique as my "astist name" :XD:
I wanted a good tone. I considered the sound of a name was very important because the name is what you have to say when you call a person >D (unlike some people who don't know how to pronounce their nick :psst: )
Each of us has an appropriate sound, and that sound is our name~

ohoho

Also i wanted something which was not flat when you write it down, something not uniform...a bit like Yuki's signature XD when she writes Y.Kajiura there is the "K" and the "j" who are making some contrast >D

- Unique : because we all are unique
- Meaningless : because only the sound counts!
- Wrinting : not uniform!
With all those three criteria, Zui was born :psst:

erm...I wanted I artist name for my youtube-account so...I opened a flower-book :ohoho: and I saw the flower "Philadelphus virginalis" xDDD but philadelphus sounds like a guy (you know RemulUS, MarkUS and all the other latin name :XD: ) and philadelphia is...something that exist...and then I thought of a dolphin (german Delphin), don't ask my WHY xDD

so...philadelphin ^_____^ and you guys gave me the name phila, because philadelphin is too long for the chat xD

Oh let's see... I came up with this name because my favorite anime is The Slayers, and my favorite character is of course, Lina Inverse (those of you who met me at anime boston probably know that hehe), but I knew that I couldn't use that name, since it was copyright. So I decided to come up with a pen name for my novels (once I start writing them), and for online stuff that sounds like her name. so that's where Liana Ilia came from. Hope you enjoyed the story, even though it's not that exciting. (Btw I love Chobits and Neil Gaiman. :dote:)
-Lina (But I guess I still use her name for signatures sometimes heh)

Back