Eurovision 2015

@Daiima Oh I see, that's unfortunate. I guess its because TV5's cultural level is overall better than the one shown in Eurovision (my father has installed satelite dish and watches French channels all day since he studied there when he was my age XD).

In Greece's case, we send more or less famous people there. and from that you can see the overall musical preferences of the people here - in the sense that if the famous have songs like that, what do the infamous make? - I personally didnt know Elena Paparizou (the one who won in 2004) before Eurovision, but Sakis Rouvas and Anna Vissi are definetely some of the big names here (but I dont like their songs). An other one, Kalomira, was a half american girl who became famous from the localised Big Brother reality show and after was releasing singles, I remember that was around elementary school, but somehow they remembered her afterwards for the Eurovision. The group nodame menthioned before wasnt bad, and I am positively surprised by this year's choice, as IMO its much better than any other we have sent the previous years - both melody and voice wise. So I guess we improve ? :XD:

I've been curious about Eurovision since last year and decided to watch this year's performances.

I don't remember any of the songs I heard(watched) on the first semifinal. I remember quite liking Serbia's performance and song. The entry song from Albania is good but the performance was that bad :( what else, I don't even think Georgia sang the song live since the backing vocal is that loud and she didn't look like she was doing any effort singing. Greece's song is kinda boring but the performance is good and man Maria Elena Kyriakos is hot. Oh and I looked up Sweden's entry since grunty-kun mentioned it. The song is forgettable, i try remembering the song but idk why it's Insomniac that's playing in my head. oh but the dude is smokin'. what a piece of eyecandy. And I like the guy performer who sang with 5 backing vocal. It was Belgium iirc. Macedonia makes me laugh so hard with the backing vocal trio. Well the main singer was already off key with his "uuuuu" on the beginning but when the trio appeared i just burst out laughing. and i keep hearing Italy (or italies) when he sang "autumn leaves" :XD:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even think Georgia sang the song live since the backing vocal is that loud and she didn't look like she was doing any effort singing.

I have to run to her defense here! (look at me being nice and defending singers :D) Here's footage from 2 rehearsals, during one of which she was ill and saving herself up for future performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOmvJ4yvCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V8PuNDUcm4

(I guess one could also link Albania-chan's rehearsal here. Except for that damn high note she did much, much better in the rehearsal so hopefully she's fine in the Final. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoJKIQ-r4zc )

I flippin hate Belgium but ditto @ everything else you said. :)

I don't know if you've seen Sweden-kun's live performance or just heard the studio version but I guess it doesn't matter since the semi is tonight. The interesting thing is that he's singing it lower in the live version (and it's much better cause he's straining hard in the studio version). I think he's quite infectious with his energy on stage. (But I've also heard he made some homophobic remarks so I don't care about him outside of ESC. ;P)

I watch the 2nd semifinal now, missed the first 4 songs, saw the malta one though.

(there is apparently an official app on google play with live info synched with the event progress, and you can vote too)

- Malta: great effects
- Norway's should be inspired from beauty and the beast :XD:
- The portugal girl's hair was so messy !
- Czech rep one had good lyrics, but why the guy had to scream like that in the end ? :(
- Israel song was fun, kinda silly lyrics, but perfect for eurovision. They somehow managed to put middle-eastish melody into this. The guy singing is 15 but looks like 20+
- Latvia song is kinda weird, and her voice sounds filtered ?
- The guy of Azerbaijan had appeared before in 2008, and I remember his song then being much better (reached #8) this guy has very wide vocal range.

OMG they put the tranny from last year as host :XD:

- Sweden song had great presentation, and very good lyrics (apart from the guy being handsome)
- I think Swidzerland song was so far my favourite from tonight, nice cosplay, lyrics, and effects, the girl was hot too
- Cyprus = boring, funny how the glasses of the guy are his trademark
- Slovenia woman is married to the most popular composer of the country, which has also composed the song (the guy on the piano)
- Poland woman has dissabled legs after a caraccident, and is award for disabled people assistance (now we know why she's sitting). Guy in piano also composer of song. The song sounded much better now than in the PV, it had nice harmonies but I guess that's to be expected with 4 person chorus.

saw the samples of the 4 songs from the sum-up, and from these only the first seem kinda interesting. If I could vote, I would vote for Sweden, Swidzerland or Azerbaijan

Last edited:
I like most Sweden, Montenegro and Israel. Israel was similiar to Arash... Sweden hasn't original melody but it was something interesting in song. Connection of visualisation and music was great.
Montenegro was in a Balcan mood. Compared to most of eurovision songs it was good.
Israel was similiar to Arash but I really liked - it was full of energy. It reminds me Always by Arash and Aysel

I have to run to her defense here! (look at me being nice and defending singers :D) Here's footage from 2 rehearsals, during one of which she was ill and saving herself up for future performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOmvJ4yvCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V8PuNDUcm4

(I guess one could also link Albania-chan's rehearsal here. Except for that damn high note she did much, much better in the rehearsal so hopefully she's fine in the Final. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoJKIQ-r4zc )

I flippin hate Belgium but ditto @ everything else you said. :)

I don't know if you've seen Sweden-kun's live performance or just heard the studio version but I guess it doesn't matter since the semi is tonight. The interesting thing is that he's singing it lower in the live version (and it's much better cause he's straining hard in the studio version). I think he's quite infectious with his energy on stage. (But I've also heard he made some homophobic remarks so I don't care about him outside of ESC. ;P)

Oh okay then. Maybe Georgia-chan was that good at singing. I really like the visualisation of her performance (it was stunning, especially in the part where they took the video from right above her head), but the song itself is only okay. But if she sang the song live that effortlessly, then she's really good at singing.
(Edit) watched the rehearsal vid and yes she's really good! Though I still think that having the backing vocal does really help her on smoothing how she sounded when she hit higher notes.
I like the Belgium guy because the performance itself is kinda ridiculous but appealing. Especially when he sang while lying on the floor. Imo it's a hard thing to do but iirc he nailed it. cmiiw.

I don't remember any of the songs but I remember all the singers' face. Thank god they're attractive.

Ew Sweden-kun made a homopobhic remark? Won't care about him after this ends then. But it doesn't change the fact that he's hot. :p

Oh I watched the promotion (?) video and the rehearsal and some other videos. Yes it is interesting to hear him singing it lower in live performance, and yes he did better job singing it lower because iirc I don't like how he sings higher notes in studio version. Really surprised Russia made it to the final btw (haven't watched her performance but the rehearsal was really bad).

Just watched the 2nd semifinal. Israel has to be my favorite because the performance made me laugh so hard. The song is ridiculous (especially the lyrics) but the performance is catchy. Plus the mideastern vibes on the music? Love it.

Second favorite would be a tie between Montenegro and Sweden because I like the guy's (Montenegro) voice even though I don't remember the song. Sweden-kun is still hot :p plus the visualization is great and the song is one of the easiest to remember if you played it a couple of times. Like it. Slovenia-chan's voice is annoying as hell. I read some people complaining about why didn't Malta and Portugal make it to the final but Cyprus made it and I completely disagree. Malta and Portugal are among the weakest performance of the night (I forgot which one that was really flat). Iceland is combination of bad song and bad performance. Cyprus's song is boring but the performance itself was okay. After almost all dancey upbeat tracks this easy listening ballad became quite refreshing. Oh and I love Azerbaijan! He was shaky on the beginning but he got better as the song went and the climax was great. Plus the song is great. I like the presentation and the lyrics.

Tl;dr: I'm being kinda sexist here but the 2nd semifinal belongs to the male performers. The only decent girl performer was Switzerland.

Well, it seems we are really behind here in Down Under because they only aired Semifinal 1 tonight! Hahaha

But from this group I really liked Romania, Russia, Belgium, Estonia, Georgia and Hungary. Glad they all got through, but I think I would have preferred those adorable Denmark boys to Albania. They were just way too cute :shy:

You could always watch the youtube videos if you want to watch the 2nd semifinal like I did, Cerise.

I read some people complaining about why didn't Malta and Portugal make it to the final but Cyprus made it and I completely disagree. Malta and Portugal are among the weakest performance of the night (I forgot which one that was really flat).

Obviously there was place for only one Warrior in the Final. Georgia-chan's Warrior that is.

Tl;dr: I'm being kinda sexist here but the 2nd semifinal belongs to the male performers. The only decent girl performer was Switzerland.

I actually really liked Latvia during the verses. It was different. Refrains made me cringe though.

Well Malta-chan's warrior was really lame compared to Georgia-chan so no wonder Georgia-chan won.

it was the refrain that made me totally can't enjoy Latvia's performance. I can't say I enjoy Aminata's voice either sooo yeah.

I'm definitely using Israel's song as my phone ringtone. I really like the music. Bad song should be at least as enjoyable as this. The background dancer is so gay lol.

This year I was able to watch just the second semi since I've lost the first one and I won't be at home to watch the final :rain:
Such a shame since It's quite a tradition for me to watch it (I always laugh so much, too much trash going on). But this year I've noticed that there are too many duets and ballads. C'MON, IT'S EUROVISION, GIVE US THE TRASHY DANCE SONGS WE ALL NEED FROM IT!

Well...I have to say that this year we Italians have a chance to win, even though I don't like Il Volo and their song (and my sister tried to compare them to Kalafina :voodoo:).

I quite liked Switzerland entry and Iceland's one but they didn't make it to the final. I'll support Aminata, greta song and great voice.
Orz, that israeli boy, such a bad song.

Australia's only way to participate in next years contest is to win...what a pressure.:ghost:

One of Armenia's singers is half japanese...I guess that's the closest to a japanese entry we are gonna get this year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_(singer)
Looks like she has released two albums, her voice is beautiful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftnry_E3Ok

Did anyone else notice the woman playing air violin for Slovenia?
Her arm was all over the place, I'm pretty sure that's not the correct way to play a violin.:XD:

We have an entirely different opinion, @Kohaku_ :XD:
Israel's song is bad but I can't help but loving it. The performance was interesting and made me laugh so hard. Iceland's entry imo is that bad. As someone on the youtube comment section said, it felt like something trashy from Frozen. But we share the same opinion on Switzerland :D
After re-watching the semifinal performance (haven't watched the final) I can say that Azerbaijan stole my heart. I really like Elnur Huseynov's voice and how he actually put emotion when he sang the song. My top 3 are Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Sweden (plus Israel :p, what can I say. I like bad songs). Overrated song would be Russia, honestly. I feel like hearing a trashy church worship song. Gagarina's voice is good, though.

The songs I hearted in the app were :

Israel, UK, Sweden, Belgium, Greece,, Latvia, Georgia, Russia (was nice but ironic considering it talks about peace and they are in war....), and Italy. I voted for UK and Georgia.

The ones I would want to be in top 10 are UK Sweden Greece, Latvia Georgia and Italy.

The one that was for the LOLs was Serbia with the overweight woman, because it wasnt just her apearance but also the song that was terrible, but her voice wasnt bad.

Its difficult to see how the Australia guy is one of the most famous there, with such a mainsteam song.

Last edited:
^ I liked it :)

EDIT: Damn that voting is so boring, :waa: its as if they have pre-decided who will win because every year all countries give 10 or 12 to 2 countries, there's no variation. And too much politics (in this case im sure they want to make Russia first so that Contesina goes to the country (something that the head of church there and Putin doesnt want lol )

LOL who is that oldwoman @ Australia ?

Last edited:
Back