Eurovision 2015

george1234

https://www.youtube.com/user/eurovision

First semi-final is today (May 19), second is on May 21, and final is on May 23

Here's the song of Greece which I watched some hours ago and I really liked :) (havent checked the other songs yet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEQphIZjlw0

Composition/Arrangement: Euthivulos Theoharus, Maria Eleni Kyriakou
Lyrics: Vaggelis Constantinidis, Evelina Jiora
Vocal: Maria Eleni Kyriakou
(There seems to be some male backing vocal too)

(The video seems to be shot at the Mall Athen's underground parking)

other video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7xKMnNcVdM
(^ lol some guys first line are filming with their phones >_>)

update: The guy on piano is Euthivulos Theoharus, who also does the male backup if you see the end of the first vid, where at the part where the chorus is heard you can see his head in the distance moving like he sings.

Last edited:
I remember (2010) good song from Greece: Opa by Giorgos Alkaios & Friends. I really like it.

One last breath is really nice, so full of emotions. The volist has a beautiful, clear voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWG6g0YjD0 - it's a song from Poland. It's nice too, but I doubt if the song like this (calm, nice, a little bit romantic) will win.

Hahaha for some reason my country is participating in Eurovision this year even though we are not European. Or even remotely near/on the same continent. :XD: We have Guy Sebastian representing us, if I recall correctly he was the first winner of Australian Idol, I think :confu:

Oh wow I was gonna make a thread like this but then I saw this.
I've been watching ESC since I was a kid. I'm very excited to see how Australia's song will do.
Maybe some day Japan will be on Eurovision :ohoho:
That would be awesome! Ever since I got into japanese music I have been picking japanese songs I think would do well in ESC. It's pretty fun.

It's sure that Japan would win :love: I wonder what is wrong with european music? Most of yesterday composition was boring

I think its mostly that the countries dont care much about the competition (especially the permanent 5) so they send whoever is a bit famous in their country. I am sure all countries have better artists than what appears in Eurovision. After all its now mostly a show of laser/smokes/sexy clothes than true song competition. Its something people watch while munching popcorn :XD:For that reason true good songs are rare, and rarely win it.

Umm. George, you just described why I actually watch Eurovision and unfortunately, like nodame said, yesterday's semi-final was just plain boring. Not nearly enough lasers, pyro, and half-naked people - there was actually very little entertainment, just shitty songs that, as usual, are mostly copypastes of other songs.

Adding insult to injury, the performance that actually made me laugh out loud didn't make it to the final. :( I'm talking about Macedonia - those backup singers and their choreography were everything. F*cking hilarious. I'm glad Georgia-chan went through, cause she was my favorite going in (although I'm not expecting her to win the whole thing - that will probably be Sweden-kun, if he doesn't suck like Albania yesterday). Oh, and that Serbian disco should've been the whole track, not a "surprise" for the last minute, lol.

PS. The polish entry sux donkey balls.

^ I think they save the flashy effects for the finals ? I didnt watch this, but I maybe I will see tomorrow's and the final :)

the permanent 5 (...) send whoever is a bit famous in their country

Not even. We, in France, keep on sending unknown singers singing boring songs forever. Unofficially, it's said it's because the broadcasting network doesn't want to pay for organizing the next constest. Everytime everyone says "yeah, this time we'll be well ranked"... but we never are. Because organizers either suck on auditioning (regarding the chances of winning, not the talent in itself), or, like I already wrote, don't want to choose someone who has REAL chances to win.

Oh, and regarding Australia: from what I heard, it's because the contest makes high rates in your country. Not sure that the same applies for Japan - either they don't care about that "see-who-can-make-worse" thing, or they just watch it to have good laughs (and ear amateur surgery).

Not nearly enough lasers, pyro, and half-naked people
All songs weren't original. Visualisation was beautiful, was matched to atmosphere. Good song don't need half-naked people, lasers... I miss something fresh, energetic, new. Russia was nice, of course Georgia and Serbia. (Georgia had the best costume and visualisation).

PS. The polish entry sux donkey balls.
- @grunty what do you mean?

You mean 2014 entry of Poland? I know what means 'sux' but I was wondering what performance you was talking about.

So.... Personally I don't like this song - vocalist sings too pretentious and music video was sexist. Although it was hit for most Polish especially youth (I am a teacher so I know it). It was controversial, it was a parody - but a lot of people in Europe was discouraged :glower: and I agree with them

There wasn't anything spacial yesterday, usualy there's a few songs I like each year.
Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.
If I have to pick one I'll go for Russia, that song was pretty good.
But why did Albania go to the final?_? That was the worst preformance of the night but it was the first song to qualify for the final. Oh well it's ESC so that's normal...I shouldn't be surprised. -_-'

All songs weren't original. Visualisation was beautiful, was matched to atmosphere. Good song don't need half-naked people, lasers... I miss something fresh, energetic, new. Russia was nice, of course Georgia and Serbia. (Georgia had the best costume and visualisation).

Maybe "good songs" don't but IMHO there weren't any "good songs" yesterday, other than Georgia-chan's and Albania-chan's (more on her below).
But why did Albania go to the final?_? That was the worst preformance of the night but it was the first song to qualify for the final.

They supposedly list the people who went through in a random order (they reveal the scores after the FInal), except maybe for the last one which is like the frontrunner so they keep people on the edge. I will have to agree though, Albania-chan's performance was terrible. People said she was sick (and I guess we could hear that) but unfortunately that doesn't change the performance's quality.
- @grunty what do you mean?

Well, to put it politely (so I don't get accused of being insensitive towards a handicapped person), I mean the Polish entry is a forgettable song that's not even performed that well. The only reason anyone might remember it is because of the wheelchair.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ haha I already replied on it XD . So I watched Albania and Georgia, they were indeed good, but I didnt like albania's last upbeat part, which imo didnt fit the song. The Georgia song had good melody nice outfit and amazing effects. The poland song is so-so melody, and it would be better if it had some other instrument too than just guitar and piano, but the setup was ridiculous, I mean alone in a chair, with crossed legs, not even her head moves that much. Kinda reminded me of the Anna Vissi Greece song 3 years (?) ago, which had ended up in the top 20s... However I quite like this year's song of GR.

Ok, polish song is boring.... It isn't bad but it's so boring. This woman in music video had an accident so she can't walk.

Albania was terrible... It was a lot of falses. I remind Kalafina performance at Kitakyuushu when Wakana was after flu(?) I know that it must be difficult to perfomance when she's sick

Back