Earthquake & Tsunami in Japan 2011: Pray for Japan

^The line and the onion in Moichispa's post go unexpectedly well together... :XD: :XD: :XD:
Well, the plant may be well beyond repairs now - and even if they fix it, they'll probably need to rebuild it anyway - to somehow make it more quakeproof (although Fukushima was built with earthquakes in mind, but apparently not THAT powerful ones).
As of now, I heard that they managed to repower two reactors and continue to pour water on others. There was a series of aftershocks yesterday, but thankfully not nearly as disastrous, and any subsequent aftershocks are predicted to be weaker. Even the foreign media cautiously admit that the situation is improving. :sohappy:
In the sight of it all, I'm very irritated at MY government that still insists on building a nuclear station here in Belarus. Even though the whole south of the country once got a major portion of Chernobyl radiation. :blood:

They first must think in freezing those damn reactors. Next, get rid of
Fuck-u-shima.
. :uh..:

How can a country surrounded by water forfeit the use of hydro-electric power plants...

Edit: Okay, now it's official they will get rid of Fukushima, so... :XD:

At the past Japan grow so fast so they needed a way to supply all the energy. and Nuclear energy is you can get from a single reactor is really a lot.

However the risk are ever bigger. :blood:

I guess Japan should stop building more nuclear centrals and trying to get alternatives methods. Earthquake areas are not suited at all for these industries.

But I guess this is difficult to do in real world :uh..:

What about France? More than 80% of their energy supply comes from NPPs... I wonder what a tragedy would be if something happened there.

PLEASE. share. THIS!!!
until it reaches the whole Japan..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJVmeHF_GRw[/youtube]

thank you.. :bow:

Great vid :TdT:
But how to share it so that it reaches Japan? I ranked it up on Youtube, but I have little idea what else I can do there. I also tried tweeting the link, but the connection is slow and I don't even know how to check if it's posted or not... :@_@: btw, 140 char limit... they can't ber serious :stupidbox:

One thing that's really impressed me, just as much as how calm and orderly all the people in the disaster zones are, is how Kajiura-sensei and others are on Twitter. I try to regularly check their Twitter accounts cheating with using Google Translate, and almost every day Kajiura-sensei and Keiichi Nozaki open with some variation on "Good morning! Let's hope it's a better day than yesterday."

If I was in Tokyo, I'd probably be tweeting, "Good morning! Let's hope we don't get blown up." :desksweat:

They're all so optimistic over there. Now that the power plants are starting to settle down, I really think that Japan will be able to take charge and start fixing themselves up! :cheer:

Ooh, that's probably true that they use the nuclear plants for energy. So they're officially going to demolish Fukushima? I hope they can dispose of all of those hazardous materials safely.

Re:

wintersviolet said:
Ooh, that's probably true that they use the nuclear plants for energy. So they're officially going to demolish Fukushima? I hope they can dispose of all of those hazardous materials safely.

They won't "demolish" per se. Just like Chernobyl, a lead-concrete sarcophagus will be placed over the source of radiation once it has cooled down enough.

The immediate vicinity wil then be evacuated as a precaution and will most probably turn into an unofficial wildlife reserve there (just like Pripyat).

Some wildlife preserve. :ohoho: Some speculate thar the writer Eduard Uspensky didn't invent Cheburashka, but met him somewhere in that area instead. :ohoho: Imagine what might be lurking around Fukushima in the next ten years... :plot: :hide:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
Some wildlife preserve. :ohoho: Some speculate thar the writer Eduard Uspensky didn't invent Cheburashka, but met him somewhere in that area instead. :ohoho: Imagine what might be lurking around Fukushima in the next ten years... :plot: :hide:

Nothing special, actually.

It was noted in some scientific journals and television documentaries that in the immediate vicinity around Chernobyl (and even in nearby Pripyat), because of the lack of human presence in that area, the local wildlife thrived and there was a very healthy ecosystem there. Too bad I've read/watched these many years ago, so I can't link them.

The only genetic changes that were observed in some post-mortem/autopsy was that there were some protective genes that were activated because of the local radiation (these genes were observed to lie recessive for similar animals in other areas). These genes were also observed to contribute to bolstering the immune system of these animals.

Re:

ninetales said:
If I was in Tokyo, I'd probably be tweeting, "Good morning! Let's hope we don't get blown up."

:XD: yes, they are so calm. At my place many peoples were talking about how the Japanese people handles their situation calmly which is in our thought amazing.... In here we probably won't think aboit others that much instead of ourselves.....but to be fair of course not all like that... Hehe!

Looks like the situation at Fukushima is settling down at last. They'll still have to deal with the radiation, but this is light years away from the worst case scenarios we heard all these days. :touched: :sohappy:

What a relief to see things getting better :touched:

Of course, that means that the situation is playing second fiddle to Libya now, so I can barely get any updates. (But then again, the situation in Libya deserves media attention too.)

Re:

People in Tokyo have been advised to buy bottled water because higher radiation levels have been detected in the city's tap water.

ninetales said:
(But then again, the situation in Libya deserves media attention too.)

Agreed! As do the situations in Yemen/Egypt/Bahrain/etc. I was so annoyed when a bunch of journalists on their way to Libya made last-minute changes to fly to Japan.

lots of spams like applying betadine in the throat area... lots of people actually did it...

one of the... KILL ME NOW!!!
A chocolate factory exploded in japan around 11 am. It would be dangerous to go outside for the next 24 hours since it'll rain and poof! you can become coco crunch

Back