Discussions on Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny songs by Yuki

Your Top FOUR Favorite Songs on GS/GSD by Yuki (Regardless of Arrangement)

• Anna ni Issho Datta no ni

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Shizuka na Yoru ni

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Akatsuki no Kuruma

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Mizu no Akashi

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Life Goes On

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Fields of Hope

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Shinkai no Kodoku

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Honoh no Tobira

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Distance

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters

chrisgarci

YES! I live on her roof
This Gundam series has seen some worthy firsts for the franchise, from the use of digital coloring, to some controversial sexually suggestive scenes, as well as the use of music composed by Yuki Kajiura.

From the time the series started about 10 years ago, what song from the series do you like to listen the most? Or perhaps you only started to watch the series when the Remastered was released about 2 years ago.

Either way, let's hear more about it. :glasses:

One of the problems in picking favourites is that songs get better with more live performances - I'm not aware of any live performances of "Life Goes On" that are on video somewhere, nor does there appear to have been any recorded live performances of Anna ni Issho Datta no Ni with both Yuki Kajiura and Chiaki Ishikawa, or of Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru.

For example, I was amazed at the live performance of Eternal Wind -Hohoemi wa Hikaru Kaze no Naka- by Hiroko Moriguchi (Mobile Suit Gundam F91 ED) at Animelo Summer Live 2012, yet the original studio recording seems flat by comparison.

So count this as a wish for live performances of all of Yuki Kajiura's Gundam Seed/SEED Destiny songs, preferably in the one concert with original singers (-:.

^ Sigh... I hope that happens. See-Saw performing live is something that the fans of the series are really looking forward to.

Except for Shoot, I have listened to all the songs here. But what stays on top of my list is Anna ni Issho, with Kimi wa Boku closing by. Surprisingly, my third place is Distance, which is almost a close tie with Shinkai no Kodoku and Akatsuki no Kuruma.

I havent watched any of the two yet, but Shinkai no Kodoku is definetely my favourite, its amazingly touching and well done. :nosebleed: But the rest are pretty good in their own way too.

You forgot Fields of Hope (and maybe Toki no Sabaku too - not sure if it was used in the anime) :XD:

^ Sigh, and that makes 11 songs composed for the series, but only a maximum of 10 is allowed :knife: :knife:

*wants to shoot down "Shoot", but risks ruining the polls again*

Oh well, poll restarted, replacing Shoot with Fields of Hope...

I voted for akatsuki no kuruma, fields of hope, and shinkai no kodoku!

Was toki no sabaku ( I think it was the c/w for life goes on) ever in gundam? It's one of my favorite yuki songs ever <3

I used to watch the non-remastered airing in my country but the tv station airing it butchered the OP and ED

I used to not like Anna ni until the Retracks version came out. I really love the strings.

I also love Honoh no Tobira (vote), Distance (vote), and Kimi wa boku ni

Yep, Shinkai no Kodoku too

I've finished watching the Remaster version of SEED

I don't know if I'll still watch Destiny because there were no retracks announced for the first 13 episodes (plus, them fans says the sequel is horrible save for of course Yuki's compositions)

I voted for Akatsuki no Kuruma, Fields of Hope, and Distance.

Akatsuki- eternal special place in my heart. Lyrics and melody totally got me.. First song I heard ever from Kajiura-san and Yuuka. :shy:

Fields of Hope- close second. One of the first songs, after AnK. Never fails to make me weep, lovely piano and lyrics... esp when coupled with Junius Seven footage itself. :cry:

Distance- I love the melody and the lyrics...and well, I liked Nicol and was heartbroken over his death...

But I also love Shinkai and Kimi wa Boku as well. :nosebleed: GS and GSD has some of the best INS and EDs in my opinion..

^ No retracks for 1st 13? I rmb that Junius Seven incident was among these episodes...Oh well, I really wanted Fields of Hope retracks. But that also means they'll keep Reason?

Re:

joel_jman said:
I don't know if I'll still watch Destiny because there were no retracks announced for the first 13 episodes (plus, them fans says the sequel is horrible save for of course Yuki's compositions)

I'll be hoping that there should be a Kimi wa Boku -retracks at least.

I'll forever despise you Sunrise if you did not request Yuki for a retrack of at least one of her songs in this series. :knife: :knife:

About the sequel in general though, well I did have negative impressions on Shinn, but not that horrible enough. Characters such as him and Durandal are what makes fans "crazy" throughout the series.

Never knew of Toki no Sabaku so thanks george for mentioning it :sohappy: It's on eternal loop currently :ohoho:

^ Yeah. Too bad this was not used in the series (according to the sources I have looked so far, at least).

Anyway, the flute, especially in the end, reminds me of my long forgotten cloistered sleep with a bit of sand dream/sajin no kanata e. lol at the coincidence of "sand/desert (sabaku)"

I voted for Anna ni, Akatsuki no Kuruma and Distance, although Honoh no Tobira is close up there and is what got me into FJ Yuuka :)

I didn't get too far in SEED Destiny, maybe around episode 10 but I stopped for some reason lol. I think it was because I didn't like how Athrun's character turned out lol. But that was a long time ago, maybe I'll give it a chance and watch it again :)

Back