Confession: Who sings Kala/Fiction/OST at home?

i tend to hum most of Kalafina's songs and various Girls with Guns trilogy OSTs at home or at school, and everybody looks at me weird if i get too intense :ohoho:

Since i'm almost literally tone-deaf, i try not to sing (especially in different languages other than my best: english). But this one time I was playing Fairytale on the piano and I got so into it that before i knew it, I was belting out Keiko and Wakana's back-and-forth part ("yume ni mita eien wa" "tozasareta mama de" and etc.) as an accompaniment to my piano playing :omg: and i was actually okay at singing for once, and realizing that shocked me so badly i totally messed up the song lol orz :desksweat: i wish i could do that again sometime lol :blood:

(on the rare occassions that i go out for karaoke, i sing mostly magia, even though my voice is quite high-pitched :ohoho: :uh..: )

Re:

ImmortalBirdcage said:
But this one time I was playing Fairytale on the piano and I got so into it that before i knew it, I was belting out Keiko and Wakana's back-and-forth part ("yume ni mita eien wa" "tozasareta mama de" and etc.) as an accompaniment to my piano playing

I wonder...that part's hard for me to pull off with just one voice. How do you do it?

i don't :ohoho: punch-onion-head-emoticon.gif :blood:

the transcribed piano sheets i have (i didn't do them, though, because i'm a scrub) actually has different notations than the versions that Kalafina often sings. around that part of the song, it's different (more notes and has tuplets) so it's easier to sing... i can't really explain it that well; i really suck at music theory :cry:

I'm definitely guilty of this--former choir girl and all. My knowledge of Japanese is limited to some disjointed vocabulary, so I'm just doing my best approximation of the lyrics.

I usually sing Wakana's parts since her voice type and range is closest to my own. I keep it mainly to Kalafina songs--Gloria 'cause it's fun to sing, Lacrimosa to practice vocal control, Serenato 'cause I just love the song... I try but fail at FJ songs like Liminality and Mezame because unlike Wakana, I have no falsetto range to speak of, so there's no way I can to hit the top notes. (And I don't exactly have the operatic training to hit them Hanae or Yuri style)

My lower register isn't the strongest (and I don't find it as fun to sing low) so I tend to avoid Keiko songs, with the exception of Kaze no Machi e. My favourite Hikaru song to sing is Aria since I've pretty much mastered the lyrics by now. Favourite Kaori song is Hanamori no Oka. I don't sing a lotta Yuriko songs since they're mainly OST tracks that don't sound right without the background music.

I also like singing Yuki's English songs like Vanity, Forest, Fake Wings, ect.

Re:

Coral said:
I'm definitely guilty of this--former choir girl and all. My knowledge of Japanese is limited to some disjointed vocabulary, so I'm just doing my best approximation of the lyrics.

Hehe... my step-daughter is a current choir girl ( http://www.adelaidechambersingers.com ) so I passed on YK's vocal scores to her.

When I get the choir's European tour schedule I'll post details in case anyone is interested.

I play Kalafina songs and FJ songs in my car and at home on my computer.

I always sing along with them when I'm driving.
At home, when I'm not seriously PvP games and listening to Teamspeak3, I sing along with the songs, too.

I sing every part, whichever part or melody I feel like singing along with. :sohappy:

Sometimes, when I'm learning their new songs, I repeat the song 3-4 times just to sing along with specific singer/part for the entire song. For example, 1st play: sing all Wakana's part, 2nd play: sing all Keiko's part, 3rd play: sing all Hikaru's part, and so on lol

Is this really a confession? I mean, we're members of this forum for a reason.

I sing lots of different songs by Kajiura when I am at home. I sing Kalafina the most. I alternate between melody and harmony (usually Keiko) depending on what I feel like doing. :b Which is why I know a lot of Kalafina harmonies... :b

I sing a lot I sing a lot~ not just when I take shower but everywhere, everytime if there's any chance lol.

What's my favorite song to sing? It depends on my mood. Now I love to singing Kimi no Gin no Niwa and Ongaku XD of course I sing Keiko's part. [I'm a classified alto in my choir team... well, secondary alto :blood: so reaching Wakana's note is just a die-hard wish for me. Even I often cannot reach Hikaru's line :cry: ]

I'm a girl with manly voice. Ha! :ohoho:

B-but... when it comes to falsetto and head voice... I even can go with the kajiurago :dote: ...but still I cannot make my voice girly. Still like a man :plot:

Wow! That's great! Gonna check them when I come with PC :shy: thank you!

Back