[COMPLETED -YK replied] Yuki Kajiura Birthday Present Project 2017

Which idea should we use for the 2017 Yk birthday present?

• reviews of OST/singles specifing which tracks we like most and why.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • manga with YK and girls

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 4-panel manga collection (general)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • birthday cards

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 4-panel manga collection inspired by song lyrics

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4-koma manga might be nice & easier than a full page manga. As for the story maybe we can put kajiura's adventure meeting her songs in physical form and has some kind of fun/sad/etc story/interaction. You can include utahimes & fbm as sidekick too. Then we sort them by year they were composed.

4-koma manga might be nice & easier than a full page manga. As for the story maybe we can put kajiura's adventure meeting her songs in physical form and has some kind of fun/sad/etc story/interaction. You can include utahimes & fbm as sidekick too. Then we sort them by year they were composed.

Nice, but we'd have to personify the songs that would be kind of difficult...

I will be running a poll for 2 weeks time (March 29 - April 12) will all the suggested ideas.

- reviews of OST/singles specifing which tracks we like most and why.
- mange with YK and girls
- 4-panel manga collection (general)
- birthday cards
- 4-panel manga collection inspired by song lyrics

I can only speak for myself, but I could talk the ears off anyone, not only about how much I love Kajiura-sensei's music, but Why certain tracks resonate with me especially. I'd love the opportunity to not only express, for example, why 'Inca Rose' is one of my(dozens of..) all-time favourite Kajiura tracks, but I'd enjoy reading the honest, unashamed heart-felt joy that her music has given to other fans I've never met; this may mean not trying to sound like the smartest guy in the room, or chortle in condescension if someone does adore, say, the SAO soundtracks (and what, pray tell, is wrong with them, hm? Kajiura-sensei could play 'Chopsticks', and still I'd jump at the chance to hear her play...tangent,come back!). I'd like to think it could be done, even if we're not all the most gifted writers There is so much stuff I have yet to hear, and look forward to getting to it ALL eventually(only own the first two Kalafina albums, for instance, been focusing on her anime OSTs)--let us show our Appreciation first and foremost, whatever is decided.
As for the four-panel comic idea--hmm. And again,--hmm. '1001 Nights' from .hack/liminality might be a good start/jump-off point for the concept--for what its worth... I'd hate to see anyone putting Kajiurago into 'Google Translate: Sings', so let's please not go there!

So if for the manga we cannot draw, is someone going to be drawing them? I know there's a few that have said they can. I can provide my story or what I would want in my part... oh the possibilities. I actually meant to vote for 4 panel with YK and girls, not just general. (And maybe the FMB members too? If someone is highly talented haha) I need to start thinking now, if that is what we are doing. But yes, Thorn, I am with you on the talking the ears off people part. lol

Well, looks like the Polls are closed: May God give whoever will be drawing the four-panels grace--they're going to need it! May we be excellent to these poor souls who will be taking on a great burden: don't think of that way? Just remember how demanding fans can be--so Please, let's give the illustrators our support!
That being said--when/where/how do we start?

So its this time of the year again.

For this year, i suggest we do something that would make her think again about the way the girls and her compositions have taken, but in a non-insulting way, like, for example, for each of us or in duos, to do reviews of each OST work / jpop album (not just Kalafina) she has released so far, and state which ones of the tracks we enjoy the most and why.

[EDIT March 29]
I will be running a poll for 2 weeks time (March 29 - April 12) will all the suggested ideas.

- reviews of OST/singles specifing which tracks we like most and why.
- mange with YK and girls
- 4-panel manga collection (general)
- birthday cards
- 4-panel manga collection inspired by song lyrics
ahh! I'm too late!(>_<) ...i see most of you have voted for the manga...can I still participate?
I'm an artist and I can do mangas

^The 4 panel manga idea.

We should come up with some sort of strategy soon, and who is going to draw and everything. We don't want to be late again.

I think it would be best those that can draw even a little to draw their own, and those that are more skilled to offer to also make those of the ones who arent good at it. Btw the winner idea was the 4-panel inspired by lyrics, so we dont really have to come up with plot, but just choose a scene from lyrics that can be displayed in 4 panel (like in serenato or sandpiper)

I'll draw my own. I've been looking at lyrics for songs, and there's a couple passages in the choruses of Hikari no Senritsu, red moon, everytime you kissed me, and storm that seem interesting to me. I'll decide eventually which one I'm going to do after thinking about it for a while.

Hi! I know I'm a bit late but I also want to join in this birthday project.

Does it have to closely follow the lyrics? or can we make the 4 koma based on our own interpretation of the melody. Some songs are tricky because the lyrics and the melody doesn't always match.

Hi! I know I'm a bit late but I also want to join in this birthday project.

Does it have to closely follow the lyrics? or can we make the 4 koma based on our own interpretation of the melody. Some songs are tricky because the lyrics and the melody doesn't always match.
I'm doing based on a bit of both- using some visual imagery from the songs, but also using my own interpretation to fill in other places.

Back