[COMPLETED -YK replied] Yuki Kajiura Birthday Present Project 2017

Which idea should we use for the 2017 Yk birthday present?

• reviews of OST/singles specifing which tracks we like most and why.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • manga with YK and girls

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 4-panel manga collection (general)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • birthday cards

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 4-panel manga collection inspired by song lyrics

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

george1234

So its this time of the year again.

For this year, i suggest we do something that would make her think again about the way the girls and her compositions have taken, but in a non-insulting way, like, for example, for each of us or in duos, to do reviews of each OST work / jpop album (not just Kalafina) she has released so far, and state which ones of the tracks we enjoy the most and why.

[EDIT March 29]
I will be running a poll for 2 weeks time (March 29 - April 12) will all the suggested ideas.

- reviews of OST/singles specifing which tracks we like most and why.
- mange with YK and girls
- 4-panel manga collection (general)
- birthday cards

- 4-panel manga collection inspired by song lyrics [Winner]

[EDIT April 27]

Participation Log

List of the ones that will only do script

- Liana_Ilia
- Barbi-Hoseki

List of those who will draw their own

- Westkana
- D-chan2510
- george1234

List of those who can help the first group

- Zinnia
- juchanx3

List of songs each will use for his/hers 4-panel

Kimi ga ita monogatari (tabete.mio)
Mizu no Akashi or Red Moon or Fairytale (Zinnia)
Yume do Daichi (HimeWakana)
Hitorigoto (
D-chan2510)
Shinkai no Kodoku or Matta Kaze Ga Tsuyoku Natta (george1234)
Storm (Westkana)
snow falling (Barbi-Hoseki)
I have a dream & Seijaku wa Headphone no Naka (Liana_Ilia)
Kizuato (Atlas Star)
sandpiper (juchanx3)

Compiler: D-chan2510

Submission Log

Manga

Zinnia & Liana_Ilia
tabete.mio
Kagaribi no Hanabira
junchan
george1234
HimeWakana

Westkana
HimeWakana
Liana_Ilia
Aelarion

Last edited:
^ Yes she is, we have been sending gifts to her since 2008 and she alwasys replies to them (except one year), seeming very pleased.

Here's the intro from last year

In 2008 we did a webpage with wishes from everyone and drawings by ズuiyon and coloured by Kerahna, in 2009 we didnt because we made a scrapbook for Kalafina because they were visiting AnimeBoston, and in 2010 we did the CPM cover of everlasting song, decorated by a ズuiyon drawing again. In 2011 we did a "Happy Birthday" phrases collage (however this wasnt sucessful since it was the only time we didnt got a response from Yuki) and in 2012 we did a foodbook were we gathered recipes from every participant member's country as well as articles about a country's traditional foods, that were wrote by teams that were formed by members that leaved in neibouring countries. In 2013 we did a photobook, with pictures of landscapes from participant member's countries and countries they have visited (+ map). In 2014 a book with favourite songs (fav lyrics) and text saying why we liked them ( + some drawings). In 2015 a a book containing live reports, CD / merchandise collection pictures, messages, and artwork

In 2016 it was cover songs and booklet with messages / art (see here)

I'll help as well! :sohappy:

It seems like an interesting way for us to directly tell Kajiura what we like (and by extension not like) not be condescending about it :goodjob:

Or instead of doing reviews, we could write down what we like about her music, and include examples. And also include something we would like her to do.

Lets construct a manga about her and the girls! Like each of us does a chapter and each chapter doesn't have to tie with the others
That's a pretty cool idea! I've even thought of doing it myself, though it didn't come up. Are there any artists who would also want to draw for those of us who can't (I can draw; I drew my prof pic; I was just throwing out the idea)?

Or for those who can't draw *raises my hand* maybe a short story about a fictional interaction? Based off of some thread here

Oooh i'd love to draw a 4 panel comic
The comic will go like this
Panel 1: believe came out
Me: at least there's lapis
Panel 2: ryb came out
Me: hmmm.. not so bad but not good either
Panel 3: one light came out
Me: why kajiura why
Panel 4: fotw album came out
Me: fuck this shit

I'm thinking about doing something like "The Secret Lives of Kalafina, Kajiura, and FictionJunction" (title to change)

Edit: I could say "FictionJunction Club" and it would cover them

Hikaru: Sleeping
Keiko: Lifting weights
Wakana: Looking at sharks with hearts in her eyes
Kajiura: Frantically writing music
Kaori: idk...... having a drink? :XD:
Yuriko: idk
Yuuka: idk

Feel free to leave suggestions, I don't know Kaori, Yuriko, or Yuuka's personalities/interests as much

I'll take @ritardando 's idea of a 4-panel comic, albeit having a different execution in mind lol.
This will go along with the idea that each 4-panel does not need to be related to each other.

Hmm, a manga might be hard... though if we each have a story, then someone can draw it? Not sure how that would work. But I like the idea of stating why we like her music, and giving examples. Say Hanako and why, or when we first heard the soundtrack. Also maybe include when we first started listening to her music?

^ The point of my idea is to state which tracks of each ost or pop album we like and why in review style so that she indirectly realises that the style she currenly uses isnt so much to our liking. Just saying the ost and when we started listening to her wont help much. Also rita's idea is funny but kinda offensive imo. Personally im not good with drawings and the one i submitted last year seems to have used the full of my abilities xd

Last edited:
Back