Aoi Eir

chrisgarci

YES! I live on her roof
It is because of Fate/Zero that I got to know Aoi Eir.
It is because of Gundam AGE and Sword Art Online that I got to appreciate her songs more.

Now with the release of her upcoming album "Blau", which is the French term for her favorite color, I want to get to know her more of her music. I recently bought the limited edition of her album that comes with a DVD containing her music videos, including a different music video for Memoria. Your thoughts on Aoi Eir, guys?

^ I saw her at Animelo Summer Live 2012 between Sachika Misawa and Haruna Luna:

MEMORIA / Eir Aoi (Fate/Zero ED)

I haven't had a chance to listen to more of her material yet.

^ I think she's a good singer, and the upbeast songs fit her more. What I appreciate is that in her facebook page http://www.facebook.com/aoieir?ref=ts&fref=ts she write in both english and japanese (and the english are not automatically translated), and she's kind of funny when talking about promotion of her releases (like "look! a car with ME on it")

^ Yeah, I really appreciate that her Facebook posts are bilingual. It gives her overseas fans a chance to know what she's up to and that I think really helps to expand her fanbase.

I don't know if you've heard of the Fate Zero tribute album, Prayer? There are some pretty good songs in there too.

Ah yes. I have heard of that album. "Lament" is my favorite, and the song is also included in the upcoming album.

BTW, I'm also following her posts on Facebook and I really appreciate it. I wonder why Sony does not do the same with Kalafina though. Ugh.

^ Because I think that its herself who's writing the english ones, so maybe Kalafina dont know good enough english ?

Eh, but Hikaru understands English and can speak a little right? :knife:
Anyways, I'm really looking forward for Aoi Eir's album.
Who wants a copy of the videos? Send a PM. xD

Ah, I'm glad to know that she's capable of writing in English to make her fans know more about her songs/releases.

But still, I don't really like (read : totally hate)her voice. She's screaming all over Memoria chorus, and it annoys me even more than Hikaru when she's using her high-pitch voice. Her voice is nothing special either.

It's just my opinion.

I like Aoi Eir's songs.

Only the A-sides though.

My favorites are Avalon Blue and Aurora :shy: :shy:

I don't like the SAO OP.

I also don't like the PVs -sigh-

Yeah. I just bought its Limited Edition and I should receive it by the start of next month. I want to see her new Memoria PV!

After watching Aoi Eir at LisAni I can safely say that she really is as hype as she sounds. She came oyt with Aurora then went straight to Innocence. It was a great way to get everyone pumped and while she was talking in between it almost seemed as if she was going to cry! I think she was somewhat overwhelmed at how excited the crowd became during her songs. She followed up with Avalon Blue then Memoria to finish off her set. It's unfortunate that Memoria was the end to such an energetic set, especially since the faster, more energetic songs truly do fit her more. After her set she asked the host if she can get the crowd to yell "AAAAAYYYYY!" at her command since she loved the feel of everyone yelling ay ay ayyy to all her songs! So she did it, the crowd yelled, and then she laughed and mentioned how amazing the feeling was hahah. She's definitely a fun artist to watch live and someone to look forward to in the future.

^ Wow, thanks for that... I only heard her sing Memoria at Animelo Summer Live 2012.

Please let us know of any other impressions you had at LisAni!

That's nice to hear your experience of watching Aoi live. I think that she's coming to the Sakura con with Haruna Luna and Reki Kawahara, the creator of SAO. Too bad I won't be able to see it. :cry:

Now I'm just waiting for my copy of Eir's album to arrive. :sohappy:

^ That would have been nice, but I guess Yuki's schedule is hectic. :XD:

Anyways, I finally got my copy of Aoi Eir's album! The LE comes with a DVD, a picture booklet, and a poster as well! I love Eir's pics in the booklet! :love:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oikwfkesohdolz/2013-02-05 21.41.43.jpg

I'll add some of the pics later.

EDIT: I hope that Kalafina's next album will have this kind of release as well, especially a new set of pics in a mini booklet.

^ Oh wow, she's so pretty! :hearts: I love her lips, they're so...delicate... :shy:

I creep myself out... :plot:

For those who are attending the Sakura-Con this month, here is a message from Haruna Luna and Aoi Eir. Also, the new version of Memoria MV is shown.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWhwlOGbOk[/youtube]

Back