Animelo Summer Live 2014 -ONENESS-

Apparently, only one song was shown for Kalafina. Gin no niwa. Cue the rage and disappointment. Pls buy the BD, I guess?

The editing in this thing is... :uh..: Lay off the switcher man. Also, that animelo band is no FBM. Feels... off. Those drums. I can't... There are two ladies on strings though, which is great.

Last edited by a moderator:
The editing in this thing is... :uh..: Lay off the switcher man. Also, that animelo band is no FBM. Feels... off. Those drums. I can't... There are two ladies on strings though, which is great.

^ Ironically, for the majority of other times when either Yuuka Nanri, Kalafina, FictionJunction or Chiaki Ishikawa have performed at previous Animelo Summer Live concerts, Kyoichi Sato has been the drummer.

I hope that the Animax Musix Kalafina set gets released and not just an excerpt broadcast - it was really good (although no string section).

Kalafina plays around minute 28. Just KNGNN unluckily :comeback:

HOWEVER, what a performance! I really liked it despite KNGNN not being among my favourites. I've heard just few mistakes and the deliver by the girls was almost perfect. I think Hikaru shone in this one.

I don't think KNGNN sounds very good live, but Hikaru really was cool here!

Sometimes her face looks so into it that it makes me want to laugh (4m30s...), but there's something charming about that :ohoho:

Did Kala not perform in the encore for Animelo 2011? I just watched it but didn't spot/hear them at all

Did Kala not perform in the encore for Animelo 2011? I just watched it but didn't spot/hear them at all
They probably left before the theme song.

Annoying how they sacrificed kalafina for imas. Kalafina actually took the top trending keywords for twitter in Japan for a while, with not one, but three related kewords ranking in highly. There was kalafina in katakana and in romaji so that's a lot of mentions.

Apparently, only one song was shown for Kalafina. Gin no niwa. Cue the rage and disappointment. Pls buy the BD, I guess?

I'm actually liking this drumming more than FBM :XD: the drummer plays the cymbals on the right parts and not all over the song, noticeably in the reffrain. Sato uses the cymbals ALL over the song and it's really annoying, especially hearing it at LisAni live where the mixing/audio setting for the drum is way too loud and drowns everything else. And I think there's acoustic guitar there (if my eyes don't trick me, the guitarist is on the far left of the screen, on Hikaru's side of stage) that adds depth to the song, unlike the live with FBM. I like it.

The Anisama (oneness) song is fugly. I don't even know what they mean with oneness. If they mean 'to gather as one' why don't use Unity. Ah well, they're Japanese.

The ReBridge return to oneself is okay, I like the energy of the song. Plus I really like Kalafina's part. Their voice is one of the more enjoyable ones, and their part features more Keiko on lead and she nails it with her powerful voice. Love.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually liking this drumming more than FBM :XD: the drummer plays the cymbals on the right parts and not all over the song, noticeably in the reffrain. Sato uses the cymbals ALL over the song and it's really annoying, especially hearing it at LisAni live where the mixing/audio setting for the drum is way too loud and drowns everything else. And I think there's acoustic guitar there (if my eyes don't trick me, the guitarist is on the far left of the screen, on Hikaru's side of stage) that adds depth to the song, unlike the live with FBM. I like it.
I actually find the cymbals very distracting here, together with that two loud repetitive drums during the chorus. Too much cymbals for my liking, where there's pretty much constant use during some parts. Also, my ears end up focusing on the drums even though I don't want to. Granted, the only ones by FBM that I have heard live was the HK one. Lisani wasn't much better but the fault definitely lie in mixing, which I agree made the drums too loud. And yeah, I do spot the acoustic guitar. So far, I've not found my favourite performance of this song yet. I am hoping for the reappearance of the strings quartet during Budokan to blow my mind away.

Actually this drummer uses less cymbals compared to Sato (that I said it's quite noticeable in the reffrain. There are parts where the drummer doesn't use cymbals and focuses more on the punch, while Sato's has cymbals *all over* the reffrain)...but it's up to personal taste. Maybe because I've got to the point where I'm not *THAT* fond of Sato's drumming and not liking his overall approach to a song I end up noticing every mistakes he made.

Finally listening to:
Kimi no gin no niwa 「君の銀の庭」 (Madoka Magica ~Hangyaku no Monogatari~: Kalafina)

from Animelo Summer Live 2014 now. I'd have to compare it a few times with the studio version to comment beyond the Kalafina girls sounding good but not quite at the level that I heard at Animax Musix 2014.

http://www.jiji.com/jc/d4?d=d4_ll&p=asm901-20140831017写真特集アニメロサマーライブ2014 写真特集
アニメロサマーライブ2014 写真特集
pic-frame-top.gif

asm901-20140831017.jpg

アニメソングを歌うアーティストや声優が夢の競演を繰り広げる「アニメロサマーライブ2014 ―ONENESS―」(通称アニサマ)が8月29日~31日、さいたまスーパーアリーナで行われた。56組132人が出演し、3日間で約8万1000人を動員した。レーベルの垣根を越えたイベントがまだ珍しかった2005年に国立代々木競技場第一体育館で産声を上げたアニサマは、年々規模を拡大しながら今回で10回目を迎え、国内最大級のアニソンライブへと成長した。

写真は、女性ボーカル3人組ユニット「Kalafina」。アニメ「Fate/Zero」2期OPテーマ「to the beginning」、劇場版「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ[新編]叛逆の物語」主題歌「君の銀の庭」などを歌った(2014年08月30日) 【時事通信社】

My blu-rays of Animelo Summer 2014 (release date 25 March 2015) are now in shipping process at CD Japan.

From the television broadcast:

kalafina-oneness-2014.jpg

Day 2's liner notes (30 August 2015) had a mis-print with an offer of a replacement: http://anisama.tv/apology.php

I asked CD-Japan if they could provide me a copy of it and they replied today that they will, with an estimated shipping date of 2 weeks from now.

Back