Angel Beats

I don't know what to do now it's over.

No more Kanade :cry:

I loved that ending though. It was exactly what I wanted.

For those interested, the Girls Dead Monster album "Keep the Beats!" comes out on the 30th... although, if you look a little I'm sure you can "find" it somewhere already.

Aye, that's true, though watching an episode after you've seen the ending definitely gives it a whole lot less impact.

Re:

Halofarm said:
Aye, that's true, though watching an episode after you've seen the ending definitely gives it a whole lot less impact.
Unless it closes the story completely. Because of the time constraints, Angel Beats! had a lot of open ends. I'm really looking forward to the extra episode and am hoping for a season 2... :plz:

Yeah... there's not gonna be a season 2.

Also, the DVD/BD only episodes are going to be episodes based in the middle of the season I believe.

Like the Sora no Woto ones.

Started watching. Thankfully, it proves NOT to be a cranberry syrup I first feared it to be. :XD: Although somehow the style and designs look like an [un]intended parody on Suzumiya series. :ayashii: I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she is the often mentioned "God" there. This definitely looks like a world she would create. :ohoho:
Oh, and yay for Hiroshi Kamiya! :V:

I just finished watching Episode 2...

its crazy.. especially the laser thing.. uits resident evil like.. lolz

The director is Seiji Kishi, of Seto no Hanayome fame! :omg:
If I knew that, I'd have got down to this series much sooner. :cry:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
oh boy, that would be nice.
I haven't watched real last-ep tear jerkers since Kimi ga Nozomu Eien...
You haven't watched many anime based off of Visual Arts/Key works have you? I'd say that all of them have a tear-jerker ending but I'd have to say most since I've never seen Air. The others are Clannad and Kanon

I haven't watched Clannad and Kanon. Only Sola (if it IS a Visual Arts/Key work), but the ending was too positive to be a real tear jerker :XD: (though it was sad and touching nonetheless).

Hum, maybe this is a bit spolerish, but both Kanon and Clannad do not have tear-jecker endings.
As for AB, didn't like the anime. But I have a problem with Key, I only like Clannad, everything else from them is a bit dispensable for me :uh..:

Yeah, Key works have a tendency to be emphatically dramatic, which doesn't always play out right. This one, however, maintains a good balance of humor and drama, I suppose it was a major contribution to its success. :sparkleguy:
And upon watching ep 10, I can't but agree with the previous posts - it IS a tear jerker. :TdT:

But that REALLY was much more meaningful than his previous, incomplete memories. It is because of him that so many people could hold on.

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
But that REALLY was much more meaningful than his previous, incomplete memories. It is because of him that so many people could hold on.

yeah.. In the end.. he didn't reached his dream though..

Which was exactly how he became involved in the action depicted. Meeting such a hilarious but nice bunch of people is a treasurable experience, posthumous as it may be. And so far there is at least ONE person he actually helped in the afterlife. Wasn't his dream to help people? :sparkleguy:

Back