Aldnoah.zero

^ Am ok with season 2. But what makes it less interesting is that now Inaho needs to think less with that mechanical eye of his, so it needs less tricks to win the battles. And the other earthling characters are more or less useless in battle, Earth is still Vars free thanks to Inaho lol. I was happy to see that captain die.

About Hiroyuki and Yuki (nice pun): I think that Sawano is good but he tends to be even more repeatitive than Kajiura when composing. All his songs have a certain type of drumming in them and all his singers are shouting / screaming in the songs, which i know that makes the songs more emotional (and that really fit Attack on Titan), but it has started becoming boring to see it in songs of his across many anime. Its the same for his tension battle bgms which also follow some rules. I doubt they would ask Kajiura for a track since she isnt involved with the project at all if you except heavenly blue, and Kalafina are now planning their album. If the title song will have a tie-in it wont be for this because Sawano is in change for all insert songs when he composes for an anime, and OP and ED are taken. If we compare with previous season, they arent going to change them

I loved the song that was in the fight in the last episode. (Just watched it, I know I am slow.) But not liking where this is headed. I liked Slaine in the beginning, now not so much. It was good though.

already watched the latest episode of season 2 (ep 6), Asseylum is already awake!. and wtf, that husbando thing pisses me off. XDD
I already have my copy of Eir Aoi's new single 'GENESIS'.. the full ver. was not that bad. The side-b's sounds pretty good, too - especially Fairy Tale. ;)
#TeamInaho

^ the question is if she awoke by miracle or that machine was actually keeping her in a comma so that Slain has a reason to get rid of the counts that her sister disliked.

Sorry for necrobumping, but I think this will interest those who have followed the series well...

Apparently, according to a wikia page of Aldnoah Zero...
At a NicoNico live-stream event for the anime Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet (another mecha anime that Gen Urobuchi worked on), Gen Urobuchi discussed Childhood's End (first cour end) of ALDNOAH.ZERO.

“ Aldnoah's final episode isn't my fault. In my original scenario, the final episode saw Inaho and Asseylum 'becoming lovers' before she gets taken away by Slaine. (虚淵氏「アルドノアのラストは俺のせいじゃねぇーからっ」「原案ではイナホと姫は恋仲になり姫がスレインに 連れ去られて1話が終わる話だった?) ”
—Gen Urobuchi

“ I definitely finished the first cour with something like Slaine taking the princess away. (俺は確か「スレインが姫様を連れ去って一期終わり」にしたような』?) ”
—Gen Urobuchi

Damn... so much for OTP. Show ruined chances for that.
Now we got this instead (not a fanart, it will be featured on a certain magazine in June)
11048657_843560385710478_5398406935940524543_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
haha this is interesting :XD: considering that its usually Urobuchi who writes the evil scenarios for the characters.

Gargantia ? so they will continue it ? Yahh! really enjoyed the first season :sohappy:

^ That's the same trailer they used in japan, and just dubbed it (so dump lol)

english dubs are in 90% of the cases inferior to the japanese original. At least they used teen-like voices for most teens.

why bother dub the actors when they dont dub the songs too ? lol

Based on trailers I've seen, most of the time English voice acting is very flat imo and they cannot get the feeling across as well as Japanese VAs can. A good example would be Kaji Yuki (I know he's everywhere but there's a reason for it and he's a talented dude). From this trailer, I don't like the voices at all but that may be just me being biased because I like the Japanese VAs of Slaine and Inaho.

I don't think they dub the songs because of copyright issues and also because it's hard to translate and retain the meaning of the lyrics while still fitting into the same structure. Plus it probably cost more $$$ to do so. I'm not sure though, lol.

^ if that's the case it would save them much more money if they didnt dub it at all and just added quality subtitles lol

Then non-Japanese VAs would be jobless. They may not be great, but seeing as how there is still a demand for dubs it is a cost that they are willing to bear. I've also seen many people say they cannot concentrate on reading subs and watching at the same time (which I personally don't understand) but that's beside the point.

^ Or some that think that every movie that's imported to US needs to be in english, as if the holywood movies arent played in original language and localised subs in pretty much all countries (I know that Germany and France also make dubbed versions but you do have the choice for original).

Personally I like to watch everything in its original language (french movies in french etc) with subs, because the creators are carefully choosing the actors to fit the roles of the characters and the plot, and the voice plays an important role in that, while dubbing companies dont really care as long as it doesnt sound too bad (in greek TV i have seen adult-sounding women dubbing teen girls lol in kids zone)

Back