Aldnoah.zero

I just watched Ep.1 and 2. I could say that so far this is the best anime I watch this season, this and Tokyo Ghoul even though TG's censorship is quite annoying. I really hope Slaine got his act together because on ep.1 and ep.2 he's pretty useless imo. He has so many burdens on him, with him being an earthborn, saved by the Martian Princess, he doesn't know that the princess is still alive, wants to protect the earth that is loved by the princess he loved, but he thought that the princess is killed by earth-human. Haven't watched ep.3 yet, but looking at Fetucine's opinion that episode must be exciting as well. Anyway as the case with SnK, I hate Sawano's music.

^So it's not the Guilty Crown's composer as well? I actually liked the music in Ep 3. I think it's Supercell too even, who did songs for GC, but I actually liked this song in this anime.

Ep 3 was great. I think the main character has a bit more emotion in it, at least he made the comment about his friend, that was great. The names are weird, with the exception of Yuki of course. :P Inko is a name I have not heard in an anime yet. So names still can surprise me. (And is that other guy's name really Calm, or is that just what they call him? I forget.) And the princess of course has to have magical powers. lol Sorry if there were any spoilers, I do not know how to do the spoiler thing anymore.

^So it's not the Guilty Crown's composer as well?

Sawano composed for Guilty Crown. That and Gundam Unicorn are what really put him on the map, I think, followed by AoT.

(And is that other guy's name really Calm, or is that just what they call him? I forget.)

His full name is Calm Craftman. This series has some weird names. Such as the founder of the Vers empire, Rayregalia vers Rayvers. Poking around the character section of the official site is pretty funny.

I really hope Slaine got his act together because on ep.1 and ep.2 he's pretty useless imo.

I'm guessing you already watched it, but yeah Slaine got some Urobuchi spotlight in episode 3.

Damn. Episode 3 was freaking great, with the main characters each having their own shining moments, Urobuchi style. xD

I just hope that this will not be like Suisei no Gargantia, where the script in between the first and last episodes became... somewhat lacking.

I was a bit disappointed to learn that Urobuchi's contribution wasn't as extensive as I'd hoped, and it took a more standard 'space opera' approach rather than dropping in loads of War of the Worlds references. But then, it's hardly fair measure something up against my own personal expectations!

Episode 3 seems to be the point where it really hits its stride though. I loved it! "What 'ave those Martians ever done for us?" :groucho:

Just watched episode 3. Woohoohoo I totally love Slaine in the end of that episode!

Watched ep 4. It wasnt more impressive that the last, but good. and they overused the "I say FIRE" song (3 times into 1 episode as it was also used as ED)

Wondering how that meteor bombardment didnt do much damage since it sounds worse than those castle spaceships landing on ep 1 (just remember what happened with the meteorite that fell on Russia last year).

I really expected the whole episode to be what the first half was, a little bit of plot advancement but mostly establishing what the characters are like outside of hyper-stress mode and interacting a little. So I was pretty surprised by the fight. I imagine there'll either be a full episode of talking next week or they'll stick to half-and-half for a few weeks, because they've really got to pay those dues sometime soon. We haven't gotten much look at how Calm or Inko normally act, for instance, and it looks like they'll be Inaho's main allies.

By the way, I'm guessing Inko and her friend are a couple, between their bit in the OP and some of the people on this project; it's shaky how much influence they have, but Gen's had more than a couple gay characters and Shimura's major works are manga dealing with LGBT issues.

More spoiler-y thoughts:

Slaine is stone cold, lying to his foster-father(?) with a straight face. Can't wait for him to murder the entire Vers army in the name of protecting Asseylum.

"Has a laser sword" seemed like a pretty lame special ability for a mech, especially after how cool the first one's disintegration field was, but they did some cool stuff with it. I think the one I want to see most how they handle most is the first one from episode 2's opening, which had some kind of heat-ray vision or something. That could be lame really easily, but I'm getting some confidence in the staff.

A lot of sequences in that fight felt... like two or three seconds too short, though. The bit where Inaho limbos under the beam sword and the Martian Cataphract being hit by an artillery shell, for instance, would have benefited from another couple of seconds of establishing positions and showing the reaction, respectively.

The Earth Cataphracts totally have the grappling hooks that Code Geass' mechs did.

The insert song ED is really weird. If we hadn't already seen the real ED I'd assume it was a placeholder, but... They overused that one song, yeah, and it's really weird since I don't think they repeated any of the insert songs during the first three episodes.

http://www.aldnoahzero.com/

OST tracklist

トラックリスト
  • TR01: No differences
  • TR02: AZPV
  • TR03: A-0picturez
  • TR04: MKAlieZ
  • TR05: 2零14zero91零
  • TR06: アZ-Kat
  • TR07: 悲scene
  • TR08: AD2014-7.5/7.9-零・A
  • TR09: AL°C-@
  • TR10: The Call to Arms
  • TR11: 十61yard
  • TR12: FIRE★
  • TR13: R零B零T
  • TR14: SiTE-n0w1
  • TR15: al-door0
  • TR16: Ver$
  • TR17: aズ-17歩
  • TR18: Ch19ヲFIRE★
  • TR19: AcyOrt
  • TR20: BRE@TH//LESS

Haha, Sawano track naming strikes again. Hopefully at least this time he won't do the thing where he just sticks two or three completely unrelated pieces in the same track.

Okay I listened to the sample and the tracks are actually quite good - maybe I just really don't enjoy it on the anime. Some tracks somehow just don't work on the anime for me.

^ Αt least in smaller scale than in Kill la Kill or Attack on Titan osts

Most of his tracks have so weird titles that you can only copy paste the titles when you want to refer to them, ugh

And so... Urobutcher has done it again. Their childhood has literally ended.
Sigh... I can't wait for January!

Back