A Kajiura SPECULAH thread, apparently.

Well... that's basically a live cover.
Master recordings of the original may be owned by Spacecraft. I don't know if that's the case but it might be for all we know.

See Taylor Swift widely covered master rights drama.

Edit:
Checked JASRAC. Seems like at least this particular track is between Kajiura and Victor. (As are a few other previously released X3 tracks that I checked.)

Last edited:
I did some more digging and came to what I think is the most likely theory of the new Anuna track; I posted my analysis over on GameFAQs Xenogears board; https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/199365-xenogears/79713924

----------------------------

If you read this tweet, Michael McGlynn appears to hint that they are in deed working on music composed by Y. Mitsuda:
https://twitter.com/michaelmcbot/status/1432342467987247117

"Always a huge honour to work with @YasunoriMitsuda
on his incredible music. Aisling was wonderful! Thank you too to Brian Masterson and @MariamAbounnasr
for their kindness and patience."

Could it be the case that Mitsuda, McGlynn and his daughter all were working on a separate project in August-ish? (Apart from the rumored Playstation Remake) Possibly, but all of this seems unlikely if Mitsuda is not himself the composer of the song in any case.

Also it seems there was some confusion that the song might be written itself by Michael McGlynn, as per this report, https://finalweapon.net/2021/10/08/...-december-according-to-singer-songwriter-ava/
but I think that was a mis-statement on AVA's part and rather he was involved in arrangement, lyrics, and performance of the song with music by Mitsuda/Mariam Abounnasr.

My best guess right now is that Mitsuda was contracted to write the new Irish-language theme song for an unannounced Metal Gear Solid remake game, possible the first.

Place your bets !!!

My reasoning is based on the wording here:

"‘Listen, we’re writing music for a remake of a PlayStation game’

"‘Look, it’s an Irish language piece that they’re looking for.’

My view is that this means that the contractor/Sony or overseeing sound director/composer gave the contract to Mitsuda to come up with the new Irish theme song for MGS.

Addendum: There is a semi-confirmed rumor floating around about a full remake of Metal Gear Solid 3, as well as HD Remasters (again) of all of the MGS games for modern consoles. Might be it is officially announced at The Game Awards, considering the hype level it seems fitting.

Sources; https://www.videogameschronicle.com...ounced-remake-amid-metal-gear-solid-3-report/

The mobage Another Eden is having a cross-over event with Chrono Cross. I doubt they randomly selected CC for the cross-over. They're definitely trying to build up interest.

The CGI is fake-looking and the animation is slow. They better get some people from the Final Fantasy team to work for it.

Cause they milking fate(and Kimetsu now BUT Kimetsu is done by team Tales in ufo so team Fate?) before so no opportunity for this to happen. And for it to be renewed means they still cared for this project lol. Might not be for next year but I had a feeling it will be funded by netflix. Just a thought :innocent:

Song, maybe, but Ost should be Fukasawa, he did the VN.

Would be dumb af to change the composer and Kajiura would be dum to take the gig. Inb4 best Kajiura OST ever.

Nah its gonna be stringfest and Hanae again, so better not. They better give her girls at work that has a different setting = different ost.

We'll know soon enough. v( '')v

First thing that needs clearing up is Waver-kun season 2.
We'll know between New Years special episode and January 8 event.

Song, maybe, but Ost should be Fukasawa, he did the VN.

Would be dumb af to change the composer and Kajiura would be dum to take the gig. Inb4 best Kajiura OST ever.
I agree, but let's see how this unfolds tho. Kajiura seems taking too many anime OST projects these days

I wouldnt call it "too many".
This is her normal rate, with 2 whole osts and a few tracks here and there per year. Back in 2003-2006 she was making osts like machine gun: Madlax, tsubasa, cossette, velveteen rabbit, mai hime, mai otome, elemental gerad, xenosaga are all in that 3 year period

Back