A Kajiura SPECULAH thread, apparently.

How ? They ll make more movies ? The movie was already out in spring and OST comes out next month. Soundtracks are always recorded before the show they re used in gets broadcasted or screened.

Most likely the special episode of El Melloi that would probably broadcasted on new year...which is the nearest one I could think of.
I could also say it would be for the 2nd cour of Vanitas in January.

But there is a rumor floating...There's no way it could happen cause video game lol but we'll see...another composer is also recording as this was circulating around lmao

But there is a rumor floating...There's no way it could happen cause video game lol but we'll see...another composer is also recording as this was circulating around lmao
Maybe it could be a collab between the two, collabs are common in game soundtracks, where the needed bgms are given to 2 or more (even 4) different composers.

How ? They ll make more movies ? The movie was already out in spring and OST comes out next month. Soundtracks are always recorded before the show they re used in gets broadcasted or screened.
Oh wow I had the release dates completely mixed up lol nvm

Not a NEW franchise not so exciting but:
https://twitter.com/FinalWeaponX4/status/1446513220487950339
I'm talking about Kajiura-Xenosaga but I just saw this being mentioned so I sometimes see Kajiura's name on it but it's a 0.00001% this could be it. Note that they talking Y. Mitsuda here so you might be confused lol. AGAIN it's a wide reach for speculah cause NVIDIA leaks and most likely Chrono Cross remake is the big "Playstation" game they are talking about.
If you wanna hear my opinion tho, she'll always go with anime tie-ins now....So I might bet on the ones I mentioned above haha...

holy shit. why chrono cross? I'd imagine chrono trigger would get a remake first. it's by far the more successful/popular title.

anyway I'd be happy with chrono trigger. xenosaga remake is right now impossible. sorry. first xenogears then xenosaga if xenogears is a success. even then it's a huge maybe.

Xenoblade is doing really well as a franchise right now, so maybe Takahashi can find some way to reboot xenosaga. My fear is that even if he does get a reboot off the floor, he goes with Mitsuda instead of Kajiura

Xenoblade is doing really well as a franchise right now, so maybe Takahashi can find some way to reboot xenosaga. My fear is that even if he does get a reboot off the floor, he goes with Mitsuda instead of Kajiura
I d prefer a completely new game rather than Xenosaga remake cause in that case we d get just re-recording and rearragements unless she gets to do the first game as well.

xenoblade is doing sooo well. but xenosaga is seen as a huge risk. which I can't blame them for. I had so much fun playing them and redoing them on PS5 or PC imagine all that graphics and space adventure.... ah. heart melts.

will it happen? super unlikely, at least for now. Takahashi has to convince them more... even then @Sora you are right, Mitsuda would be the first choice but should the remake happen discussions with Kajiura is defnitely a possiblity because her contributions were also vastly recognized, almost as much as Mitsuda's.

Kajiura + space adventure + improved graphics = win

she IS super capable of writing music for a space adventure. no question. but she has to work reaaal hard to it.

No idea what she could be recording right now, too many already announced projects.
I'm more concerned if today's episode of KNY will feature new Kajiura BGMs or not...

How about Madoka the movie then? Or it’s supposed to be finished already? (Or I miss something…?) They are having a short break for the TV series…so it seems like a proper time to work on the movie.

If you think SHAFT is not currently scrambling to meet deadlines on that Final Season Magia Record, you are wrong. :P

Edit: Engrish.

Last edited:
Xenosaga will not be remade, but there had been rumors of an HD remaster being considered years ago by Tetsuhiro Harada of Tekken fame.
Namco is the rights holder of Xenosaga and therefore getting such an ambitious game funded would be nearly impossible, unlike with Square/Sony combo. An HD remaster was rejected because not enough signatures from around the world could be garnered through Facebook. Harada claimed that he needed 'several tens of thousands of signatures' to convince his bosses. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Considerng the Nvidia leak, its basically confirmed that Chrono Cross will be remastered in some form. Its cheap and easy to do since they can redraw the CG backgrounds to be wider like they did with the Legend of Mana recently, and just render the existing 3D models in higher res with some detailing. This was done with Final Fantasy VIII with some success.

Some people claiming that Chrono Trigger is more successful than Cross are liars and are bitter, like the people claiming Xenogears is more successful than Xenoblade. You may have reason to hate the one, but the sales say otherwise. Chrono Cross crossed over a million sales worldwide and probably outsold Trigger - also keeping in mind the word 'Playstation' in the leak, its easy to predict.

Of course I could be wrong and its A Xenogears remaster, or some kind of remake of Chrono Trigger, but it seems unlikely to be a true remake of any of those games since that would require FF VII remake level budgeting.

Square had distanced itself from Xenogears since declining to fund the sequel in the first place despite the game crossing the million mark.
Additionally, in case of C. Trigger, Shinji Hashimoto chided the fans clamoring for a sequel by saying 'that's not what the sales tell me, buy more copies for DS!' more or less. Also keep in mind its a 2D game, so the resourced to do a remake are way higher than a simple remaster - and 'HD' CT re-releases have already been done to death.

A remaster of Xenogears would be awesome but just seems less likely due to the leak. I wonder what they plan do with a new vocalist though. That could apply to either Gears or Cross. Some here will know that Xenogears was the first Square game to feature a vocal theme song followed by FF VIII.

So I'm doubtful of Square's interest in anything other than cheap upscale/upgrades of semi-3D games of the PSX era.

I'll be glad to see the CC remaster but I expect it will underperform well-tailored emulation options as proved to be the case with FF VIII remaster.

Sorry to burst the bubble but I seriously doubt YK will get involved in games again; some of you will know that she was hired to Xenosaga Ep 2 specifically to 'anime-ify' the series after sales of the 1st game did not meet expectations (despite being over 600K), and director Takahashi was distanced from the project due to his Kojima-like lack of focus in directing and budgetary management. Many of the fans bitched and moaned that Ep. 2 was trash comparatively, however I don't really agree with them. Ep. 3 was redeeming at least.

EDIT: I found out more. https://finalweapon.net/2021/10/08/...-december-according-to-singer-songwriter-ava/

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/iri...laystation-remake-to-be-announced-in-december
After clicking on this article, things changed. The Irish-focus of the singer and her circle have made me think this is related to Xenogears. It would also fit to find a new vocalist since the original one, Joanne Hogg, is over 50 now and her voice has changed.
Also having the lyrics in Irish for Chrono Cross would be stange as hell.

— At first It seems that Mitsuda wasn't inherently involved in this project, but this tweet surfaced show him recording with McGlynn:
Update 9:15 a.m.: On August 30, Procyon Studio (Yasunori Mitsuda’s music label) tweeted an image of a remote recording with Mitsuda, Michael McGlynn, and McGlynn’s daughter Aisling.
The tweet reads: “Today’s recording is with Aisling, the daughter of Michael McGlynn (ANUNA). We took a photo before it started. Aisling will sing and Michael will direct. I was so excited before it even began!”
----

If you read this tweet, Michael McGlynn appears to hint that they are in deed working on music composed by Y. Mitsuda:
https://twitter.com/michaelmcbot/status/1432342467987247117

"Always a huge honour to work with @YasunoriMitsuda
on his incredible music. Aisling was wonderful! Thank you too to Brian Masterson and @MariamAbounnasr
for their kindness and patience."

Also its important to realize that Irish vocal group Anuna has been involved with Mistuda with Xenogears 20th anniversary project where they performed 2 live events, and released a vinyl and Blu-Ray with 5-6 new vocal ensemble versions of his original music re-arranged by w/ help of McGlynn. If this is a real remake of Xenogears its going to make a lot of heads explode pretty fast.
Its almost unfathomable to me because remaking Xenogears might as well take more resources than remaking FF VII.

And finally there is the less popular PS2 franchise Shadow Hearts which Y. Mitsuda was involved in on parts 1 and 2, but I don't know if or how Irish music plays a part in that as I have only listened to the special arrange CD and never played the game.
Shadow Hearts is also super unlikely since its basically obscurantist series at this point and likely not predicted to sell many copies even with a full remake/remaster. But who knows, it is 2021 after all.

Last edited:
With our luck, even if they made a Xenosaga3 remaster, they would neglect the audio side of things and still only include 22kHz audio for half the music like in the original.

Or they will remove all vocal songs due to contractual conflicts with Spacecraft Group. Resulting in only the ambient music that was originally excluded from the OST being the only audible music in-game.

Back