30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#18 〜The PARADE goes on〜 (July 22 - Au 20, 2023) & in Asia (Nov4-18)

Thanks to @Mokona_Modoki
1. Prologue ~ ことのほかやわらかい
2. 夜光塗料 (vocal: rito, chorus: Joelle, keiko & Kaori)
3. storytelling
— MC#1 —
4. もう君のことをみたくない
5. 凱歌
6. cynical world
7. key of the twilight
— MC#2 —
8. それは小さな光のような
9. 八月のオルガン
10. 荒野流転 (main vocal: rito; chorus Yuriko Kaida & Keiko)
— MC#3 —
11. 暁の車 (vocal LINO LEIA, chorus: Kaori)
12. 優しい夜明け (main vocal - Joelle , chorus: Yuriko Kaida)
13.君がいた物語 (also Joelle)
14. zodiacal sign
15. stone cold
— MC#4 —
16. moonlight melody
17. Parade
— MC#5 —
18. Overture ~ Beginning
19. Parallel Hearts
— MC#6 —
20. 蒼穹のファンファーレ (everyone)

https://patchin.jp/author/tonyo2syan_blog/

Back to cazador del amor.
Toki no Mukou for encore slot after Beginning.

I am confused. Did rito or LINO LEIA perform cazador del amor?
According to Kugs' post rito did Kouya Ruten in the same slot yesterday.
https://twitter.com/kumi__ko1130/status/1691798370883670359?s=20

Lino Leia mained cazador del amor. rito did Kouya Ruten.

maybe a popular opinion: Kajiura plz stop giving Yuuka songs to those 2 girls lol

too lazy to search for the previous concert where they also performed cazador del amor but I remember she mained cazador del amor too in that performance.

also, according to various tweet reports Kaori mained Kimi ga Ita Monogatari on yesterday's performance. Joelle sang the English parts (Kajiura swapped Wakana to Kaori and Kaori to Joelle if we refer to YKL elemental tour live).

Last edited:
I’ve finished the report for 2 lives in Shibuya during my hectic trip from Shibuya to Osaka. It took me from 9 am to 3 pm for traveling…., but that’s another story ;w;.

Yuki Kajiura Live 18 @ Line Cube Shibuya 15&16 August 2023
Koto no hoka yawarakai: To be honest, while it’s my favourite song in the album, I feel that it’s a bit messy (the same as I feel with Sokyuu no fanfare and From the edge). Their voices did not blend well for almost all parts in the song (except for some. It’s better on Day2 though, especially Kaori.) I really love Yuriko here. The bridge when they sang together was one of a good singing from them and the violin solo was amazing. Yuki also joined in this song. The best things are the violin solo and the singers harmonization towards the end of the song.
Yakou toryou: Keiko and Rito singing and acting on the stage were so cute. Rito was good at live singing. She appeared on the top stage and I really love her interacts with the others. Yuriko place was empty during this song, but not sure whether she left the stage or she went to Kaori’s place and it’s Kaori who left because they did so in another song.
Story telling: Unlike the first song, Kaori did so well and blended well with the others. (She got better faster in Day 2) I got really emotional and cried a lot near the end though I fully know that it’s such a lively and cheerful song. Probably it’s because this is my first concert after 2 years of COVID19 pandemic. Everyone was so good.

MC

Mou kimi no koto wo mitakunai: Violin intro was very nice. Rito was good and so emotional. She was not like Hikaru as many expected, way brighter&softer. She doesn’t show the dark and powerful energy that Hikaru has, so I don’t feel that she’s a replacement or sth. like that. Kaori left in this song.
Gaika: Yuriko was so great, she stole the scene every time she sang! Joelle really owns the song! She gave out the different atmosphere from Wakana in this song though. The way Keiko delivered her line at the end of the bridge was marvelous. What enchanting and mysterious way to sing it! She did it better in Day 1 though.
Cynical world: Joelle was very good unless you have watched Emily at live before. She was less powerful but still so good. Her improvisation was decent as well. The deep drum sounds from Sato and Obawo really added the mystical feeling in this song, nice arrangement. Konno was amazing, but the star of this song was Rie who got flute solo on the top stage. She’s a mysterious witch with a red hat and all-red dress, swinging her flute as a wand! And left quietly in the dark scene like a witch! For this song, I think Joelle sounded much better in Day 2, but that probably because I got a better seat.
Key of the twillght: Joelle was really good. Look like she and Konno really enjoyed their parts. KonnoSan was tooooooo good ToT.

MC

Sore wa chiisana hikari no you na: It’s Keiko for you, really powerful and emotional, awesome! Nothing to complain. No Joelle in this song. Nice support parts from Yuriko. I don’t think I can stop praising Yuriko for these 2 lives.
Hachigatsu no organ: Lino was amazing. When listening at lives, she was not similar to Wakana at all. Her voice is clearer, fuller, sweeter and stable. Still emotional but not always gloomy like Wakana. Among Yuki’s vocalists, I think she sounds like Kanda Sayaka the most. I fully understand why Japanese fans were crazy about her. Love her voice. Yuriko was great for her part near the end. Violin was great too.
*Day 1 Kouya ruten: It was Cazador del amor in the 1st live, so I feel so surprised and so high when I heard the intro…lol. It’s one of my facourite songs form FJ Yuuka. Rito got a solo cover. Sorry… I prefer Yuuka’s version and also my own version….;w;. Since I sang it in a contest by myself as well, my standard for this kind of song is very high. (Basically, no praises if you don’t sing better than me…lol.) She sang in a very different way from Yuuka. Sound like she tried to use a lot of staccato. The ‘Are wa tsuki no yume ga’ part sounded a bit weird…. I know that it’s impossible to sing it live in the same way as the recording (Yuuka’s voice is filtered for the long legato in the recording as well). Both me and Yuuka have our own tricks to alter the earlier part so that we can prolong the legato for live singing, but the way Rito dealing with that just so different from the original. I sang along the whole song. So happy! Yuriko was great for her supporting role. The combo of violin and flute was…. omggg…luv it!
*Day 2 Cazador del amor: Only Leno and Yuriko were on the stage. Leno’s singing was different from Yuuka. No vibrato at all, while it’s Yuuka strong point. Leno’s legato was so powerful, especially at the end of the bridge. Except when she stopped a little bit before her legato at the end. (She still held that long note well though.) The violin was really great. I also love how she used the dress for dance during the instrumental part.
MC

Akatsuki no kuruma: This cover from Lino is a big pass from me! For this song, I’m really picky… lol. (If you’ve seen my comments for those in Deemo audition… you knew that..lol.) The violin was so sweet and emotional. She sang the YK live ver. (less backing vocal parts and slower first half.) here. Even they had a break before, I guess that Lino spent too much energy for Cazador del amor in Day 2 and her singing for this song was much less powerful than Day 1.
Yasashii yoake: There were only Joelle and Yuriko only. Joelle really owned the song like how Yuuka was when she covered this song. Both of them re-create their own Yasashii yoake, and each cover is awesome in its own way. Love violin and flute in this song so much. In Day 2, Lino was less powerful in Akatsuki for a reason, but I don’t get why it happened to Joelle as well..Orz.
Kimi ga ita monogatari: Joelle opening was so great, that powerful ‘calling you in cold and lonely night’, and the way she held the last note! That legato is a big deal! (It’s her solo before all of them chanting together, so this part is not in the recording version.) Kaori was the main vocalist here. She did pretty good. I love the violin in this song so much. This is the third song in this live tour that I have sung in Karaoke contest and I was so happy I can see their live performance…lol. I kept singing along for the whole song. They harmonized for that ‘calling you in cold and lonely night’ at the end. Yuriko was the one who got the higher part, and that sounds so impressive. There was a funny thing in Day 2. Kaori who leaded the song was on the top of the stage and Keiko sang the backing part for her. Near the end of the first chorus, Kaori sang ‘hoshi ni’ and Keiko sang ‘hoshi wa’, and it really stood out that one of them must be wrong. Keiko turned to Kaori on the top stage in the next part like she knew that sth. got wrong, and I thought that it’s Kaori who messed up. But when I checked the lyrics after the concert ended, it’s Keiko who was wrong…. LoL. I’m sorry KaoriChan TAT.
Zodiacal sign: What a fun song for everyone to enjoy together! There are not many songs that YK sings along..lol. The violin and flute solos were fabulous! On Day 2, they sounded less powerful than Day 1, but a cute thing happened on this day. Keiko and Yuriko asked Rie to dance with them during Konno’s solo, and she seemed really enjoy it..lol.
Stone cold: This was not the best but the crowd enjoyed it. Yuriko did really great. She always grabbed my attention whenever she sang. On Day 2, Kaori said ‘issho ni’ (together) during the part ‘stone cold’ near the end. I wonder what she expected us to do together? Sing together? Dance together? Or else? I’m really frustrated with how quiet the Japanese fans were during the concert, as Thai fans always sing along and north American fans are usually more energetic….;w;. I’d be happy if Yuki or other utahime asks us to sing along with them, otherwise, it’s too quiet! LoL
MC

Moonlight melody: I can see that all of them tried to sing in the cute way, but only Joelle and Kaori sounds lovely that way, not Yuriko. It’s just not suit her. We’re in a dreamy&bubbly mood during this song though.
Parade: Joelle was very outstanding here. Her voice set up a specific atmosphere for the song. Her legato at the end was really great. Kaori also did very well in this song.
Encore

Beginning: I love how Keiko, Joelle and Kaori appeared and sang the part that each of them is the leading vocal, one by one. Each of them did really well, so powerful and emotional. Yuriko’s la la la part was so amazing. She’s on the top stage for that part.
*Day 1 Parallel hearts: Joelle instead of Wakana added more energy and power to the song. And she’s more stable. They did well as usual, especially, how I love the violin here!
*Day 2 Toki no mukou maboroshi no sora: They did this song for the first time in this tour! Everyone were so good especially Joelle. Yuriko and Joelle had sth. like a duet part before the bridge. They turned to each other when they sang and Yuriko patted Joelle head lol.

MC

Sokyuu no fanfare: With 6 singers, the live performance was definitely better than the original as expected. You can trust Joelle, Yuriko and Leno for handling the high notes <3. It’s so nice!

Saturday in Osaka: Kouya Ruten and Eternal Blue,

Sunday in Osaka: El Cazador and Toki no Mukou Maboroshi no Sora.

Last edited:
Yuki Kajiura Live 18 @ NHK Osaka Hall 19&20 August 2023
I saw video recorder working on Day 1, but not on Day 2.
Koto no hoka yawarakai - The live on Day 1 is their best live for this song so far. May be less powerful, but their harmonization was better. Day 2 was even less energetic.. (should we blame 38c temperature outside???) I’d say that most of them were quite lukewarm, except Keiko. I’ve never seen or imagine low-energy mode Keiko though…lol. The following songs on Day 2 before the MC were ok though.
Yakou toryou - Yuriko left during this song is confirmed. Thanks Rito for making the live more lively on Day 2.
Storytelling

MC - On Day 2, Yuki tried to introduce Storytelling, but she forgot which album it’s from and Keiko told her that’s Elemental LoL. Her discography is crazily long… It’s understandable.

Mou kimi no koto wo mitakunai
Gaika - Joelle’s voice made the song more energetic and less gloomy. Wakana’s version gave a different feeling (calmer and creepier… I guess) and I love both.
Cynical world
Key of the twillght

MC - Day 1 talk was about food with miso. It’s miso soup for Jr, tonjiru (pork soup) for Sato, misokatsu (Nagoya’s famous dish - fried pork cutlet with miso sauce that tastes sweeter than usual miso dishes) for Obawo, horumon (beef organ) miso for Kore, miso ramen for Konno. Yuki also asked which kind of Ramen the audience like, one by one, and many audiences raised their hand for tonkotsu (pork bone) and shoyu (soy sauce), while I think that Yuki herself may like shio (salt) because she looked a bit disappointed that not many people raising their hands for this one..lol. Then it’s tonjiru for Rie as well and miso onigiri (rice ball) for Ohira. I tried my best to use my baby-level Japanese skill…help me fix it if you can remember. On Day 2, she said that Rie’s costume was amazing, like Harry Potter…lol.

Sore wa chiisana hikari no you na
Hachigatsu no organ
*Day 1 Kouya ruten - Only Yuriko and Keiko were on the stage with Rito. She sang better today. Basically, her singing is more powerful than Yuuka, but I just don’t like the style she used here. (She didn’t sing this way in Mou kimi no koto wo mitakunai.) The ‘Are wa tsuki no yume ga’ sounded smoother&better. The last time I heard in Shibuya might be just a mistake.
*Day 2 Cazador del amor - I think it’s more perfect at Osaka. Dancing that much and still managing to sing those powerful notes showed that she’s very strong. I also noticed that her vocal range is not as low as Yuuka because Yuuka can hit some low notes better in this song.
MC - Same topic about food with miso continues on Day 1. But she asked the singers this time. Don’t understand most of them except Lino (anything with miso?) and Kaori talked about garlic? (Sounds too weird to be correct….TwT, but I did hear ninniku (garlic).) They’re asked about what do they think of themselves (?) in the next 30 years.

Akatsuki no kuruma - It sounds like Lino sang ‘Hikanaide’ instead of ‘Yukanaide’ in the first chorus for both days. Made me confused…. probably it’s just her way to pronounce it? On Day 2, she used vibrato a lot in the first half, but I didn’t notice that before @~@. (Does it happen every time and I just never realized it until this day?) Her vibrato doesn’t sound as clear as Yuuka’s though. I think it’s better to stick with legato which she really does well.
Yasashii yoake - Fantastic violin and flute combination. I can’t stop praising them…lol.
Kimi ga ita monogatari - On Day 2, I heard both Keiko and Kaori sang ‘hoshi wa’ in the first chorus and I’m like….what??? Both of them sang it wrong? Together? And I check the lyrics again…. And yes…. It’s Kaori who got it wrong last time…Orz. (I wondered why last time I think it’s Keiko when checked the lyrics.) Kaori also got it rough at the start, but became better quite fast.
Zodiacal sign - On Day 1, Rie leaded the row of dancers during Konno’s solo without no one asking…lol. On Day 2, a staff recorded the sound in this song, holding the mic and walked through the audience seats to the stage. Rie also kept dancing when she didn’t have part and the singers still singing…lol.
Stone cold - On the first day, it’s so energetic but got weaker towards the end, but I enjoyed it very much..lol. Keiko and Kaori did sth. like catch-me-if-you-can around the 2nd verse. So funny. They might stand at the wrong places and need to change their positions when singing? lol

MC

Moonlight melody - Joelle’s voice was so cute here in both days. Love it.
Parade - Saw sound recording on Day 2.

Encore

Beginning
*Day 1 Eternal blue - Kaori leaded the song well. Yuriko and Konno on the violin were so amazing especially during the bridge. Korenaga also delivered nice guitar solo near the end.
*Day 2 Toki no mukou maboroshi no sora - Kaori had a hard time in this song. Poor her.
MC - On Day 1, Yuki kept saying ‘come on’ to tell all singers coming to the stage for the last song. Sounds so cute >..<.

Sokyuu no fanfare - On Day 2, Kaori did mistake again near the beginning, but she recovered fast. Didn’t make any more obvious mistakes after that. Might be a bad day for her. Love violin playing the Swordland melody. Saw the sound recording guy again in this song, but it’s when he walked back from the stage, unlike in Zodiacal sign and Parade that I saw him in front of the stage.

At the end of Day 2, Yuki asked everyone (audience included) to shout “Parade goes on” together <3. Osaka crowd is much more energetic than those in Tokyo in general..lol.

Akatsuki no kuruma - It sounds like Lino sang ‘Hikanaide’ instead of ‘Yukanaide’ in the first chorus for both days. Made me confused…. probably it’s just her way to pronounce it?
The kanji for that word is 行かないで and the more common way to pronounce 行く is iku (sounds more like yiku) so I guess she sang it that way. I feel like Kajiura is the one of the few so far (based on who and what I usually listen to anyway) who has that word as ゆく on her musical sheets so her singers sing it that way.

Last edited:
Back