"Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#17 ~PARADE~" June 18 - Aug 12, 2022

bili users haven't disappointed us yet. v( '')v
do wish there was an international viewing option like on vol1reprise. alas, I guess it ended up not being worth it for them back then.

I completely sat here and forgot about bili (facepalm), but let me still sit here and find out how to access the e+ streaming . . . I got a volunteer from church that says he should be able to record the stream if I give him the info and I have about 2/100ths of streaming knowledge. 😅🤦🏾‍♂️

I mean, that's still blocked for people outside Japan - you're just finding ways to cheat around it. ;)

BTW @Virhell I believe the oct 30th date is for cinema viewing, not for online streaming which is nov 1st.

I don't think we will have any updates until tomorrow. Isn't the streaming set for the 1st of Nov???

Anything new yet!?!? I just got off work and I’m with @Saber — anyone got that disease, PLEASE feel free to spread it.

Last edited:
Idk if it's my shitty speaker's fault or someone on the audio mixing team must have bias against Joelle or smth because like in vol 16 her voice was drowned so much whenever she isn't singing the melody

Here's a mini-review of the live: solid 8/10 (9/10 for the first half, 7/10 for the second half). The live is FAR more vocally balanced than vol. 16 being basically Kaori's solo concert with 3 backup singers, this was mostly evenly split between Joelle, Keiko and Kaori with poor Yuriko being stuck to high harmonies. I WANT MORE YURIKO is the big takeaway.

1. Main theme of Kimetsu no Yaiba
A.MAZ.ING. Keiko knocks this out of the park and into the goddamn ends of the earth, it's that good. I don't know when she learnt to sing in this style (there were some remnants of this in serenato during the Kalafina 10th anniversary live) but not like this, this is so so good.

2. the sea is never without a wave
Love the violin here, it's very Kara no Kyoukai, reminiscent of spiral. Not that I'm complaining, the choral chants are on fire.

3. vise versa
Similar to Remi when she sang "the first town" for SAO.

4. time to sail!
Swordland v2 but with a flute. No complaints on the vocals here. I know I'm saying it's like her previous works but I'm glad they're NEW tracks nonetheless.

5. what she was here for
A lighter vocal track with Joelle as main vocal and Kaori on backup. Love their harmony, and it's great to hear more Joelle. She has such a depth and warmth to her high voice, kind of like REMI.

6. Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no you na
Not too big a fan of Keiko emulating Sayuri in the beginning, but then she gets into it in the first chorus and she sounds better than ever. Her deep voice fits the song far more than Sayuri and I loved her rendition. 10/10.

7. fiction
I've never heard fiction before (nor the first album of the same name) but...eh not feeling it. Joelle is great but the song is a little repetitive for my tastes.

8. Hanamori no Oka
Always a treat. I'm surprised it took this long for a Kaori-led song but I guess Kajiura-san realised Kaori was hogging all the screentime in the previous live.

9. Lotus
Great as always. Tomaru Hanae is still my favourite soprano with her unique, haunting, bell-like timbre.

10. inverse operation
I laughed a bit when Hanae lifted her arms in the beginning, so extra xD. As always her voice is such a treat.

11. le chasseur
A Hanae SOLO. You know how I feel about this. <3 Her chant at the end, HNNGGGGGH.

12. Mezame
This is where my feelings for the concert shift a bit. I love Hanae, I love Mezame, but it's in every goddamn live and is repetitive to a fault. Great performance, obviously, but any other of Kajiura's battle themes would fit here. We STILL haven't gotten an official KnK medley released. Love the Ensei bridge duet between Keiko and Joelle, though.

13. Mou Kimi wo Mitakunai
Rito comes across as very amateur-ish. Her default setting is forte with little variation in volume or dynamics unless it's her lower register, which is quite good, but ultimately, a good song is sadly mired by her vocal delivery. She comes across as very inexperienced and untrained. The song itself is nothing spectacular, but it's a good ballad

14. Hachigatsu no ORGAN
The song was good up until the key change, IMO. It didn't need it, and it turned a great song into a bog standard Kajiura song. I don't know what you guys are smoking when you say Lino LEIA's voice sounds like Wakana's, it's not even remotely close. Lino LEIA is SO INCREDIBLY NASAL (and not in a charming way like Hikaru or Yuuka) that it makes her "eeee" vowels hard to listen to.

15. elemental
Kaori's vocal delivery...wow it's terrible here. Vol. 11 was MUCH better. It sounds like she placed her voice too far in the back of her throat and that makes her sounds scratchy and strained and so off-key. It's like they couldn't fix her voice no matter how much pitch shifting they did. Yuriko didn't sound terribly hot here either. It's like Budokan RED day ARIA levels of bad.

16. zodiacal sign
Same as always. I do appreciate that they finally started walking around the stage. Rie's flute solo is the highlight IMO, as is Keiko's butt bump towards Kaori. Again, Kaori's voice sounds strained again.

17. parallel hearts
Good, but Parallel Hearts will always sound wrong without Wakana. Joelle did her best, but it's just missing that little something brought to this song (yes, that includes her post-2011 voice).

Encore
1. swordland
Always a treat for the ears when this is live. I do wish they had live horns and the string quartet like the SAO live, but this is still great.

2. luminous sword
The best live of Luminous Sword we've heard yet. IMO it's even better than when REMI does it.

3. sprinter
You have no idea how happy this made me seeing Hikaru on stage with Keiko again. She sounds great! I guess those years of not being too active let her voice recover after Kalafina's intense touring schedule. I don't love Joelle here, her voice feels out of place because of its timbre compared to Hikaru and Keiko. Yuriko reprising her original parts from the studio sound heavenly.

4. sweet song
The same as ever, but with some adlibs from Kaori. Her high notes are little...hard to listen to, to be nice. Like in, "But I'm still on my way to the future" it's very off.

It's a great live despite the weaker second half. Definitely a step above vol. 16 ~Kaorifest. Keiko and Hanae are waifu for laifu, Kaori go drink some water please, Kajiura please unleash the power of Yuriko for once in her life.

Last edited:
Some thoughts about the live. In overall, the live was very solid and funny, it looked like everyone was enjoying during their performance. It was nice to have a balanced setlist with all the utahimes, and I loved to listen to Kaori doing chorus and harmonies again :love:.

- the main theme of Kimetsu no Yaiba: it was awesome how the song broke the atmosphere of the overture, and keiko was damn good. Loved Kaori doing the low harmonies.
- the sea is never without a wave: a good song to follow the kimetsu one. I like it a lot.

- vise versa: exactly what I imagined it would be, a cute song with good harmonies.
- time to sail!: I loved how everyone was having fun while performing it.
- what she was here for: nothing much to say. Kaori and Joelle did well here.

- Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no You na: I was really afraid on how this song would turn, as it seemed they would lower down the mood and tempo of the song, but I love the new arrangement. Keiko did really well, and the addition of the kajiurago gave the song that touch of anxiety from the original version, like it. NOW, CAN WE TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE THAT ENDING FROM YURIKO KAIDA, IT WAS SUBLIME.
- fiction: Joelle was awesome, mainly because she was singing in a low tone, just as in the world. However, I think Keiko should have some leading vocals here too.
- Hanamori no Oka: as always, beautiful.
- lotus: I'm not going to talk about any singer in this one, as they did great. I'm going to talk about that fantastic idea of adding the percussions in the song. Obawo's sound was hypnotic, I barely listen to anything else. I love every second of this song.
- inverse operation: I think this was one of the songs I was expecting the most, and I wasn't disappointed at all. Hanae was really good, and I loved her interaction with the audience.

- le chasseur: Hanae's voice is beautiful. Nothing else to add.
- mezame: never fails. It was energic and powerful as I was expecting.

- Mou Kimi wo Mitakunai: this song reminds me a lot to Mo Hitotsu Mawashite, as it was very repetitive. Rito did well, but I don't think this song will grow a lot for me.
- Hachigatsu no ORGAN: Lino Leia, on the other hand, she was really awesome, and I liked the song a lot. The harmonies were really good, specially Keiko's.

- elemental: another song that will never fail. Obawo did it again.
- zodiacal sign: will I ever be tire of listening and watching the performance of this song? Of course not. And thanks Rie-san for all your energy and dances!

- Parallel Hearts: it took 13 volumes and for Wakana to live to add that kajiurago line, GOD. Despite everyone, I really liked Joelle in this version, she was very solid. Also, Yuriko was more audible in comparison to previous lives, which I loved. Yet, I will always think this song should be leaded by Keiko.

- swordland & luminous sword: both songs were great. Good way to generate expectations for the SAO live.
- sprinter: I was very, very happy to see Keiko and Hikaru sharing a stage again, they both shine, a lot. The arrangement was similar to the original, which makes me like it more, and Joelle doing Maya's part in the bridge was what I need it to listen. Yuriko did great too.

- sweet song: lovely. Thanks Joelle for Kaori's English pronunciation, it was really good.

Small comment to attract hate from all Wakana-lovers: did anyone notice that now , without Wakana, we can listen more to Yuriko's voice, even when she is doing the same harmonies as she did before?? Example 1 - stone cold (Vol 16), example 2 - parallel hearts now. (Or course, I can always continue).

Before you start hating me for that comment, a small gift. Now, you can proceed to hate me :XD:

Back