Vocalist Audition held for New FictionJunction Album

I don't really know why you guys are mentioning lord theme. Do you think she will do a j-lyrics selfcover of that?

Ugh isnt it already self plagiarisation of the Hokuto no Ken theme ?

Remember samuel this is FJ album, not a Fiction 3.

I d be really happy if she somehow includes those unreleases re-tracks.

I don't really know why you guys are mentioning lord theme. Do you think she will do a j-lyrics selfcover of that?
Well....I'm on the side of 'never gonna release it' cause pretty sure the moment Kajiura stopped the 2nd movie, she doesn't want to associate with them anymore lol but I also think if she tried making Joelle sung the main theme before on her lives, then she might still have the rights? I dunno I just mention that song for the filler 'what if' song :V:

Lol fuck those retracks. Sry.

Those are literally on the far far end of my unreleased and released reissue wishlist.

Better do some selfcovers of old seiyuu tracks like gin no hashi again.

I didn't meam I wanted another cover of Gin no Hashi. Other "forgotten" seiyuu songs like it.

It's probably my fault since I said "you guys" when it was just Nightmare above.
Somehow in my head it feels like lord theme wishes appeared a lot on this forum lately.

My bad.

Sorry guys for mentioning LORD :TdT: I just backread the thread and see if any unreleased songs might be considered in the new album.

@george1234 the twitter post shared by wat in YK media appearance was related to the audition :)
The audition application started as of now so Kajiura started her twitter-thread message

Better do some selfcovers of old seiyuu tracks like gin no hashi again.
Yea like Gensou Rakuen 😇 even though its not a seiyuu song it worths a revisit. While at noir maybe she can cover that Aime Moi song too even though its not entirely by Kajiura ? It was done like this before with Gatherway. I also want "its only the fairytale" since its english were butchered in the original but the instrumental is so beautiful ! Also "Love is Power" just for fun 😂

Applicants for FictionJunction vocalist will have to compete by covering "Ring your Bell" by Kalafina... wait?
Well…the first thing I think when I know that is…
how much Wakana struggled with the high notes during the live perf. of that song and I feel as if Kajiura may want to find someone who can handle it better. (May not by using exactly the same way of singing but better, but may be a totally different way to deliver those parts.) Well…that sounds bad for Wakana, but it’s the very first thing came to my head for using Ring your bell as an audition song.

Well…the first thing I think when I know that is…
how much Wakana struggled with the high notes during the live perf. of that song and I feel as if Kajiura may want to find someone who can handle it better. (May not by using exactly the same way of singing but better, but may be a totally different way to deliver those parts.) Well…that sounds bad for Wakana, but it’s the very first thing came to my head for using Ring your bell as an audition song.
Mmm good point. She might be looking for a soprano that can belt them high notes, and mebbe one that's also classically trained if they're also singing the kajiurago bridge.

Also the toki wo koete line in Magia
Nah, the problem here isn't so much Wakana, but rather that they gave her a line that is simply not for her. She's barely audible because it's a low note that was not written for her.

They should be having STEP3/auditions with Kajiura this weekend. At least according to the roadmap on HIGHWAY's audition page.

Wonder how it's going.

I was going to say "sucks that they weren't public like with DEEMO", but I would probably end up raging again if they didn't choose a good singer hue.

With how litle they are saying about it publicly, I was wondering if the auditions weren't cancelled or something, lol.

A singer has been chosen!

https://highwaystar.co.jp/audition/kajiurayuki/

Result announcement
Thank you very much for the many applications received for this audition.
We will send you a message from Yuki Kajiura regarding the results.

Thank you very much for the many applications for the audition. I'm happy to report that I was able to meet a diva who I would like to have participate in the next FictionJunction album. I would like to introduce you again to the wonderful voices of ...... when the album comes out.

As I listened to the "songs" of each of the applicants, I was reminded of the fact that people's voices are so different from each other, something I should have known. The same song can become a completely different music depending on who breathes the soul into it. It's no wonder that the voice, like that of birds and other animals, is a way of saying, "I'm here, and I'm not like anyone else! It's a tool to call out to friends, loved ones, and sometimes enemies. It's more difficult to erase the individuality of a song played with such a voice, isn't it? I'm here now! to all of you who gave us such a great performance. Once again, thank you very much.

This audition was based on the premise of participation in FictionJunction, but if the conditions had been different, the result might have been different. I had a great encounter, and more importantly, I got a lot of excitement that singing is wonderful! I got a lot of excitement from it. I hope that the path of music that we both follow from now on will be one where we can encounter beautiful and sparkling moments, where we can forget about all the hardships! With gratitude.

Yuki Kajiura

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Back