Fena: Pirate Princess: OST & OP & Taiyou no Kouro ENG ver in Junna's "Dear"

I'm a bit surprised of the number of animations I watch in this season...O___O. It took me a while to catch the episodes..lol.

Ep. 9
Nice to know (?) that Helena was also in love with Abel. (So it isn’t the case of a young boy blindly falling in love with a very beautiful lady just by her lovely look.) I'm so surprised that Franz is not Fena's dad, and it's him who told Helena that La Pucelle must be born from a king??? (He sounds so suspicious...)

The guy that Yukihisa told Shitan, that he's so obsessed with Fena's mom, may not be Franz, but Abel or the king, or someone else O__o? (I don’t feel a romantic relationship between Franz and Helena from this flashback…or is it because this is from Abel’s side?) Just one flashback made the story much more complicated.

As a math people....I'm unhappy with the way that they represented 61 and 34 as VI I and III IV instead of LXI and XXXIV ....=____=". Well...it's easier to come up with a trick, but still....

I love the use of the song during Helena's dance, and I wish we will have a full Japanese version of Vice Versa. The lyrics seems like something that we can see from Kajiura's songs OwO. Who knows…she may relate to the lyrics in some way..lol.

Song&Story aside, I love how they drew the outdoor scenes of Helena and Abel in a dreamy and blurry watercolour painting style, while it's dull and dark when he's alone in his mansion. The drawing of Helena in his cabin seems like an oil painting with more details and looks more realistic and gloomy, compared to the background in his flashback. This difference may depict how he has changed after Helena’s death….or it may be just a coincidence :P.

Ep. 10 Load of vocal songs hmm.... I love that island. It's so beautiful, but the song when it appeared sounds a bit off. It's more proper for something more thrilling (even it sounds like a good one), but the song when they were walking through the white forest is a good match and I love that combination.

The song when they found the treasure sounds like sth. I'd hear in a church @~@. Not much interested though. Joelle's song and Fena's dance scene are the greatest one. I don't know I like the song when the Eden staircase appeared or not...may need a full version to decide. I'm really looking forwards to the next episode then >w<.

Helena dance song and staircase one are the same bgm if you pay attention. Its actually almost full size on ep 9.
The problem is I quite like the part used during Helena’s dance, but its extension in the latest episode contains both what I like and dislike..lol. That’s why I guess I need to wait for the full version.

Another thing is, I just came up with a guess for what Grunty are wondering about.
About how Abel got the direction, you need that 4 Roman numbers. I think both parties already have it (Thanks O’Malley for that!). And you also need the Vice Versa song. Yukimaru knows the lyrics, but it seems that that mysterious boy may know it as well (considering from what he said in the previous episodes..) that may be how Abel got the answer.

Dafuq is happening with Abel's character design this week.
That's all they had for Abel? I don't even with this episode. The twist at the end was kinda spoiled to me by some potential theories.
One more week but other than the supposed filmscoring I'm not very interested. The show kinda lost me with this finale. It really had me fooled me for the first 9 episodes... I can't even say "it's the journey that matters"...

So I'm guessing Fena will rewrite the world to be a Pirate Princess and stay with the goblins? lol.

music wise still no pv1 joelle... not even sure if that last one is new...
m010, 030 // op // 006, 010, 040, 041, 015 // 031, 041, 038, 044, 007, ?new?047 // ed

Last edited:
I’ll admit, 海と神獣 is growing on me a lot. It’s by no means Kajiura’s greatest work, but Junna’s voice is nice and it makes for easy listening. Kind of like From The Edge, haha. (Also there’s the fact that I had to listen to the song a lot to transcribe the English Version’s lyrics, so yeah maybe that’s part of it.)

Last edited:
It is way too late in the game to introduce real magic to this story. At least I can say this show wasn't boring lol

The last episode will have to give context/answers to a lot of things for me to be even a little satisfied...

Kinda reminds me of how El Cazador went full "wat" on the last couple of episodes.
But at least on that you had 26 episodes to spend with the characters. Same on MADLAX I guess and there were stakes there at the end even with magic.
Here it feels like nothing matters. To the writers and us as viewers.

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/toonami/fena-pirate-princess-sneak-peek-the-chosen-maiden
We're in the MATRIX.

Anyhow, I really hope I do another 180 after the last episode and be happy with the show.

Last edited:
Spoiler comment:

Haha lol so Helena basically killed Abel at the end. And the script writter put himself inside the show as villain lol

About Abel's red eyes and eye liners face, i guess he was possessed by something

Helena basically didnt care about Fena at all.

About the music i think there was nothing new in this ep ?

Last edited:
About the music i think there was nothing new in this ep ?
If anything, only that part with Cody at the end.

Haha lol so Helena basically killed Abel at the end.
I think it's not that she killed him but more like she saved him after he died from his wounds... because ???Eden???christianity???
I don't even know what the writer was trying here. For now it's just pisspoor dumb to me.

Last edited:
My head is full of the question marks at the end of the episode. Orz

Clearer vocal part for the Helena's dance&Eden staircase song. I don't like its string part, but now I re-listen all versions and think that the overall melody is fine. The strings portion was outstanding in the Staircase scene and the flute disappeared, or just had a very low volume. Now I understand clearer why I'm not as happy with it in Ep. 10 ending as in Abel's flashback.

Poor Abel. He looks like a zombie with that red eyes of him...so creepy. When Cody mentioned the 'white puppet', I thought of Fena at first, but now I think that it may be Abel instead. That watercoloured-world has made its comeback. At least it seems like a happy 'ending' for him.

Franz (or I should call him Cody? Or the Observer? The Storymaker? Or whatever... It reminds me of the PMMM infamous Incubator...lol.) is kinda a hidden big boss then? This guy (whoever he is) is the most mysterious being in the show. The last episode may give us all answers....hopefully?

FYI, Abel is the name of Adam&Eve younger son living in Eden in the Old Testament. He’s killed by his elder brother who thought that the God loves Abel more than him. As a result, the elder one was ostracized from Eden.

So Yukimaru who cutting his arm and leading to his death will be expelled from Eden and Fena/Helena playing the role of the God will choose to leave Eden and follow Yukimaru to the human world? Just wild inspection based on Abel story…lol. Fena will choose between blue sea and storm cloud…or sth. like that? These two things must represent the choices that Fena has to choose in the end. But I still have no ideas what’ll they be.

I'm actually trying to figure out that Helena/staircase track and I'm reaching the conclusion that it loops twice, close to how they played it in ep11 - once without Joelle but more flute and then with Joelle...
Or it all plays once but they are editing it really hard to fit their scenes alongside picking and choosing which solo to un/mute in the show...

Edit:
I literally have no idea how they edited this, lol.

Last edited:
My head is full of the question marks at the end of the episode. Orz

Clearer vocal part for the Helena's dance&Eden staircase song. I don't like its string part, but now I re-listen all versions and think that the overall melody is fine. The strings portion was outstanding in the Staircase scene and the flute disappeared, or just had a very low volume. Now I understand clearer why I'm not as happy with it in Ep. 10 ending as in Abel's flashback.

Poor Abel. He looks like a zombie with that red eyes of him...so creepy. When Cody mentioned the 'white puppet', I thought of Fena at first, but now I think that it may be Abel instead. That watercoloured-world has made its comeback. At least it seems like a happy 'ending' for him.

Franz (or I should call him Cody? Or the Observer? The Storymaker? Or whatever... It reminds me of the PMMM infamous Incubator...lol.) is kinda a hidden big boss then? This guy (whoever he is) is the most mysterious being in the show. The last episode may give us all answers....hopefully?

FYI, Abel is the name of Adam&Eve younger son living in Eden in the Old Testament. He’s killed by his elder brother who thought that the God loves Abel more than him. As a result, the elder one was ostracized from Eden.

So Yukimaru who cutting his arm and leading to his death will be expelled from Eden and Fena/Helena playing the role of the God will choose to leave Eden and follow Yukimaru to the human world? Just wild inspection based on Abel story…lol. Fena will choose between blue sea and storm cloud…or sth. like that? These two things must represent the choices that Fena has to choose in the end. But I still have no ideas what’ll they be.
The name might be inspired by the old testament but the plot probably wont as Yukimaru is no brother of Abel and didnt kill him out of jealousy. Besides Abel stabbed Yukimaru and almost shoot him too. He is no angel. Lets not forget about how he blew up the pirate girls ship too.

Back