Fena: Pirate Princess: OST & OP & Taiyou no Kouro ENG ver in Junna's "Dear"

Is a record label different from a management company?
From what I understand, record labels publish, market, and distribute the recorded product, while management companies, well, manage an artist's career (find them work, gigs, plan albums and tours, work on their image, etc).

I think its similar to how an agent and a clothes company are to a model. The agent books where the model will go and the clothes company pays the model for wearing the clothes.

As for Kajiura it seems like the agent books the lives and recording sessions and looks for good projects for her to work on while the label is where she records her works, it manifactures the physical media and also has part of the rights on them, but i dunno who is the one who pays her, the record label or the studios that hire her.

2day... 2episodes 2day... Or 2morrow... Guess I'll wake up to it.

Fena: Pirate Princess
Crunchyroll Launch Time (Sub): August 14, 9:00pm PT | August 14, Midnight ET
Crunchyroll Territories: North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Oceania, the Middle East, and CIS
Adult Swim Air Time (Dub): August 14, Midnight PT | August 14, Midnight ET

I couldn’t find any music that was exceptional but I really skimmed it. there was the attacking scene with nice brass(not sure if it was synth)..let us know if you find something interesting.!

Ep 1.
-Piano track from the trailer
-Fena singing. Might be a main theme or sumthing.
-Solo Accordion track
-Quircky accordion(?) track
-Folksy accordion track
-Piano track. A bit more complex compared to the previous one.
-Short bit of a "piratey" accordion track
-Evil guy cello track
-Heroic strings and brass
-Ambiance track
-Percussion track
-Strings track. Sounds like the theme for a nobleman.
-FBM battle track
-Naisu piano track

Ep 2
-A. guitar track. Sounds very ocean0ish hue.
-Beepy ambiance track.
-Cello track
-Cozy flute track
-One moah flute track but with strings now.
-Folksy accordion track.
-Violin + piano track for George. Sounds Asian style. Oh wait, second half has strings.
-Cello + violin track.
-Folksy accordion track
-Harp track

Mmm seems like the soundtrack might end up being pretty good. Some tracks reminded me a little bit of old Kajiura style.

Last edited:
First thing I noticed, this show is pretty. The backgrounds look fantastic and the animation is lovely. If the production can maintain this level of quality, I think this will easily be one of the nicest looking shows Kajiura has ever worked on.

The volume on the music was very low, but from what I could hear, it’s nice so far.

As for the show itself? It’s fun. It feels like a Ghibli or Disney movie which is a good thing in this case. The humor is pretty bad though.

Oi. So I don't like the OP song one bit. The song itself is really low effort from YK and I take my "at least she's not screaming" comment from before back. I like one part of the refrain where she repeats "eiwo" or something before the English line.

Have not seen the show yet.

Yes apart from the eiwo, the song is just a normal mainstream jpop song. Maybe even more lazy than heavenly blue

@Sora: i meant that both KnK and SAO had good graphics not just Fena.

Last edited:
EP 2

OP
- ac guitar bgm
- keyboard sfx bgm
-percussion + viola bgm (has a RHH feeling but its like its in a loop lol)
- ac guitar + flute bgm
- harp + flute bgm (for short time but it sounded good)
- violin + flute bgm

(looks like an otome game at this point lol)

- guitar + accordion bgm ( really nice)
- piano + violin bgm (really sweet melody)
(so happy there are less quartet strings !)
- strings + harp bgm (also really nice melody)
- happy guitars + accordiong bgm (celtic style)
- harp bgm
ED

- lol whats yup with the dog licking her reminds her of her dad lol
- One moment it was clear sky, and 3 mins later about to rain lol

Overall im really happy with the soundtrack so far :)

I went back to it. I think one of the piano tracks is that melody Fena was singing. It's a bit... dissonant but ok. reminds me of Lunar.

OP is boring. the brass in that battle track is not synth I think. the music volume is indeed very low tsk.

Fena going against patriarchy may be good inspiration for Kajiura lol

Its not about patriarchy lol its about being against arranged marriage cause she loved Yukimaru. She seems to love her father and Kajiura did too.

emm... at some point someone says : "you are a harlot, your existence is only to make love to men " or something like that. patriarchy doesn't refer to lack of real love to men lol.

Hm i dont know, she seems to had never done it before, i dont know what kind of place that was where at one point she had maid but had to join some higher up guy's foursome. I guess lazy writting just to get her to that island.

Hm i dont know, she seems to had never done it before, i dont know what kind of place that was where at one point she had maid but had to join some higher up guy's foursome. I guess lazy writting just to get her to that island.
She washed up on the island after her ship was attacked, and she put herself up for auction so she could find the richest man there and rob him.

I feel like george watched it in Japanese only. lol.

So IM-belated-O:
The show is fun so far. Feels more alive than Banitas. The characters' facial expressions are fun. Also, Brule and Abel. Yes.
The music is fun, too.

The OP, lol. I don't care for the song on its own one bit but I think it really works as the opening. Wish we heard the English version.
That track in ep1 that got cut short as Otto was charging out of the hut, if they skip it from OST I'mma riot. But it's JVC so there's bound to be unreleased tracks, poop.
That keychange during ep2 archery was so unnecessary.
No swordland redux as of yet. (Although I guess that might've been it starting in ep1 before Salman grabbed that piece of wood? Somehow I could hear those strings in my head lol.)

Do we know when episode 3 airs or is this 2ep premiere all we're getting before Japan?
I somehow doubt they would air most of the show before Japan gets to it.

> Simulcast on Sundays 6:00am CEST
Crunchy sure making it seem like it will continue weekly... Here's hoping.

Edit:
They removed that official auto generated upload of the full opening. Only TV-size is available now. Also, short music video on JUNNA's channel.

Last edited:
Back