Anime that you have recently watched

^Lol yeah 15 really isn't that many xD
Anime is great tho, you should definitely get back into it!

Back to the topic, I'm currently watching:
-(Rewatching) FMAB- Very mainstream ik, but it's still a great show and its very special to me

-Shin Sekai Yori- Super good dark dystopian story that really makes you think, also has amazing music

-Nana- I have to admit, I started this solely because of Romi Paku but it's proving to be a really touching and sweet josei so far

-(Rewatching) Hellsing Ultimate- still one of the best (Also it has the only English dub I like because everyone is British and I love British accents way too much)

Yesss Nana is so good. Just wish the series would get finished, but it's not likely to ever happen :comeback:.

Ugh, I hate it when stories go unfinished like that. That's why I generally wait for shows to end before picking them up.

As for this thread, I'm watching Pokemon S&M and Zaregoto. Yuri and Ice was there but I think I'll wait for that to finish and watch it all at once.

It's a pretty special case in regards to NANA, as the author of the manga got very ill and was unable to draw for years. She's done a few little bits here and there as small works, but hasn't ever gone back to NANA.

Yeah that's why I was wary of watching/reading it originally, I hate the fact that I'll never get any closure for the characters and story, especially if I really like the story (which I do).
But I heard so much good about it so I gave in and it's super good but I know I'm just gonna be really sad when I read the last chapter of the manga and I'll just never know what happens next :(

I binged A.I.C.O. -Incarnation- yesterday. Pretty much loved it despite some lolanime characterization/dialogue. 4/5
Sort of felt like a good version of King of Thorn that I never got in animated form.
Also the opening could've been something truly special with better arrangement or maybe even only mixing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I…I also watched AICO, back at the end of the year I guess. It was amazing! These Netflix shows that are dropped in full are easy to miss. I also recommend B The Beginning but I wouldn't say it was great, but more good.

I have downloaded but not watched several of those, but I recommend Baki the Grappler as well. If you like martial arts or manly drama like HnK at all, then you will love that.

Only thing I know about B is that Yoshihiro Ike did the OST. Never got around to watching it. I'll try it someday.

Watched Requiem for Phantom. Was alot like noir, but more emotional and with sad ending, but kinda expected from the show's title.

Watched episode 1 of The Wandering Witch and I think it's the first anime in a good while which I actually enjoyed. Looked great, sounded great, had gud characters. Obviously it's just the first episode and it could go to shit real fast but hey - I liked it enough to necrobump this thread.

Among other new shows I checked out - the new Higurashi was garbage.
Did not do anything that the first anime's first episode didn't do and it actually did not look particularly better doing it again (I personally dislike how the characters look in all angles other than profile shots). Sounded exactly the same (I'm pretty sure more than half the BGM was straight from the first show). When they started playing Shimamiya's Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, I eyerolled so hard it hurt. Not even because of the song (cause it's still a great one) but because of how it was used. It was like "REMEMBER EVERYTHING ABOUT HIGURASHI? TEH NOSTALGIA, RIGHT?" Fuck this episode. It did not care about being its own thing at all.
It could go differently in future episodes but I hated this one so much that I will not be going on this journey. I don't care if it turns out to be a new scenario and not a remake. If you are interested in the show but have not seen the first anime, I'd proably recommend starting from that one rather than this new one because of one scene.

Last edited:
I don't care if it turns out to be a new scenario and not a remake. If you are interested in the show but have not seen the first anime, I'd proably recommend starting from that one rather than this new one because of one scene.
So uh ya. Definitely start from the first anime before watching this new one since this is NOT a remake/reboot.

OPENING is actually Pretty Cool. Not on any of Shimamiya's old OPs level and the visuals are very non-Higurashi/off-model BUT still Pretty Cool and fun.

The Inuyasha sequel is off to a pretty good start. The setup is interesting and there haven't been any major asspulls like I feared.

Majou no tabitabi ep3 is sad & cruel.
Quite a bit. Not sure what to think of the series proper as of this episode. I mean, will the show really be only about her observing without trying to do anything about the less pretty things? Also, the hard cut from one story (which felt like it was still unfinished) right to another one in this single episode caught me completely off guard. Not to mention that I would've liked to see more of that first story...

I just checked Akudama Drive because I couldn't recognize the BGM composer and the whole thing is a very pleasant surprise so far. Quite the energy kick.

So much better for me than Jujutsu Kaisen which from what I saw online appears to be the HYPETRAIN of the season.

I laughed with the main characters all the way through the "horror" scenes of Higurashi episode 4.
Best thing about it was the cello version of Main Theme. It's been a while since I listened to the old anime OSTs so I'm not sure if this particular version is new or old.

The next arc is called Watadamashi-hen (Cotton-Deceiving Chapter) so am I to presume that it's going to be based on the original's Watanagashi-hen and warp that story? Much like this first arc (Onidamashi-hen) was "twisting" Onikakushi-hen.

Fuck this official fanfic. Everybody do yourself a favor and just give the original a try.

PS. That flickering lighting was literal cancer.

Last edited:
isn’t this anime supposed to tie with Umineko in some way? Might explain some of the choices they’re making.

Back