Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#14 ~25th Anniversary Special~ (June 30 – July 22, 2018)

Pardon any errors about tonight's live:

1. L. O. R. D. theme Joelle / Kaori main vocals, Yuriko Kaida and Aira Yuuki chorus
2. Lancer and Assassin ?
MC1 exit Aira
3. Longing from SAO (?)
4. Delete from SAO (?)
exit Kaori and Konno-san, enter Rie Akagi
5. Shadows and Fog
MC2
exit Rie Akagi, enter Konno-san, Kaori, Aira
6. Moonlight Melody
7. Everlasting Song (without vocal prelude)
MC3 enter Rie Akagi
8 Mada (?) from Madoka Magica
9. Dreamscape
10. Calling
11.Hanamori no Oka 「花守の丘」
12. LA (?)
13. Canta Per Me
MC4
14. Fiction
15. Forest
16. Key of the Twilight
17. Every time you kissed me
18. Credens Justitiam
MC5
19. Hepatica
20. Godsib
21. A song of storm and fire
MC6
22. Ring Your Song
Encore
Image Theme of Xenosaga II
MC7
Open your heart (Joelle lead)

No red rose? :(
Expected setlist and that's pretty disappointing (from my half a globe away perspective lol).
Hope everyone had fun tho.

And thanks to Mushi too who drew and contributed funding for flowers.

It was an honour and absolute pleasure! I'd also like to add that 90% of those flowers (Gerbera (especially those orangy yellow ones!!)/Eustoma) symbolise 'hope' and 'love'. When I asked Smiley if she could kindly request the florist to arrange the flower stand using these two specific species I didn't expect it to be so nicely done. Thank you very, very much. Mushi was very, very happy.

It's a shame that I couldn't come today (I really really wanted to hear Itou-san singing LIVE) but I'll be at the amphitheatre on the 15th. Looking forward (*shivering with joy*) to submerging myself in Kasahara-san's majestic and abyss-like voice... (*’▽’*)

No red rose? :(
Expected setlist and that's pretty disappointing (from my half a globe away perspective lol).
Hope everyone had fun tho.
Now I don't know whether it's a rehearsal for Sunday or sth. else. Many of them haven't been performed today, and there is a song that sounds like the lead vocal is missing...@~@.

Not much has change on the set list. Thanks for posting though. I hope you enjoyed it! Who is Aira? (At first I thought it said Aria, and I was like "what?" lol) I hope for more different tracks like inca rose, red rose, the place of eternity, cowardly little dogs we lie (would be weird with female singers though heh) open your heart has been performed many times before. I mean, not with Joelle, but still. who was lead on a song of storm and fire and godibb?

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed too. I should have seen it coming, though, since pretty much all the guest vocals' songs are pretty predicable. We can probably predict Yuri's songs on Sunday too given that it seems to just be the songs she's sung the most (with maybe the exception of red rose?) I'd probably be less disappointed if I could've actually been there lol

@Liana_Ilia Eri Itou. She was the guest vocalist today.

Aira is 結城アイラ/Yuuki AIRA/AIRA Yuuki (which is what ASUKA goes by outside of Kajiura projects. Then again she also used Asuka Katou for solo stuff... Multiple stage names wooohooo)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m really curious to hear what Asuka sounds like harmonizing on all those songs she never sang before. She has a very distinctive voice which I’m assuming would add a different color to this songs. Also, even though Kaori, Joelle, and Asuka have very different voices, they seem to me to have lots of overlap in their ranges, which probably makes it more difficult to assign parts.

I'm busy with my traveling and meeting with friends right now..., but I promised to write a full report later TT. Here are what I wrote down during the live.
exif_temp_image.jpg

And a letter to Eri. (Plan to write letters for the other on 15 as well.)
exif_temp_image.jpg

exif_temp_image.jpg

Briefly review for the new vocalists...Joelle was really awesome. I'm surprised that Asuka's voice didn't sound distinctive when she sang with the others. She's unexpectedly good at doing chorus.

On the other hand, I think Eri wasn't in her best condition on that day. She sounds quite strained in many parts. However, she gave the best version of 'the song of storm and fire' I've watched so far. (That's it's better than in live2 and live10.) From what I can grab from the MC talks and google translation of many tweets, Eri catched a Shinkansen and came here for the concert in rush. Might not be fully well-prepared for the performance...I guess O___O.

wow looks like you barely had time to enjoy the live as you wrote so much :(
Don't worry. I'm not into looking at the perf. that much...lol. I'm still be able to listen to everything why my eyes and hands are working on the note.

It didn't take much time&attention as well if you see how messy the note is...lol. Sometimes, I didn't even look at the paper when I wrote it. And there were also many long MC talks during which I can work on it. (Coz I understand even less than 1% of the Japanese talk...Orz.)

That's a lot of notes man. You probably looked like a private eye or something during the event.
I guess so...lol. In some concert that allow using mobile phone, I also type the report in the phone during the live :P.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the queue outside Maihama Ampitheater now, from the station I went through "Ikspiari Town" shopping and dining complex with some help from the information desk. I am in the shade, some others do not have shade .

Yuri's setlist and her performance are so awesome today. We have Point zero, The flower will bloom, The world is tumbling down, The battle is to the strong, and ends with Salva nos! It's like a YuriXFate series Special.

The world is tumbling down is a new arrangement with Yuri's operatic part added. Correct me if I forgot sth.

Back