Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

I hope to get more news on her projects soon! Also waiting for her to make a blog/twitter/instagram/whatever where we can follow her and show our support!
A part of me wishes that she would get back to do some Lolita fashion modeling during this not-that-busy time. She's actually prettier than a lot of models there, and she looks so perfect in the fashion :love:

I hope to get more news on her projects soon! Also waiting for her to make a blog/twitter/instagram/whatever where we can follow her and show our support!
A part of me wishes that she would get back to do some Lolita fashion modeling during this not-that-busy time. She's actually prettier than a lot of models there, and she looks so perfect in the fashion :love:

Girl, remember that third Harmony cover . . . :white:

Totally!! I also hope that she will return soon with the girls T____T I'm praying for the trademark question, I really hope that she will able to take them out of Spacecraft and again all together with Kajiura-san

sorry
in my place, we cannot open tumblr for some reasons
can someone show me the contents of the tumblr? thanks :faint:

@dedeoded Here u go:

tumblr_p7yg5lFsSM1rbrbhqo1_r1_1280.jpg

A life sign from Keiko
For the longest time I wasn’t sure whether I should make a post about this since it was posted on a private account and to be honest, it is pretty vague…but I have gotten a few questions regarding this tweet and people have been desperate to get a life-sign from Keiko (especially after those announcements regarding Hikaru and Wakana). Also, I’ve seen screenshots of this tweet floating around the internet so maybe some of you have come across it already and wondered what it could mean? I thought I’d clarify what’s going on here. And I feel like everyone deserves to know about it.
The above picture is a tweet from YK’s and Kalafina’s Audio Engineer Masayuki. He is employed by S.C.ALLIANCE Inc, the company has worked on pretty much all of Kalafina’s major lives. (He is often seen in the background of Kala-pictures). ⤵
tumblr_inline_p80i8qtCt51rtsxtr_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_p7yr179UUv1rtsxtr_540.jpg

He has a private twitter account so I’d ask all of my followers to respect that privacy (although most long-time fans should have heard of him at some point). At any rate, I just don’t want his account to be spammed with messages and requests…
Long story short, on April 13 (a few hours after Keiko’s departure from Space Craft had been officially announced) he posted this tweet with a message from Keiko.
And yet I will not stop singing! Let‘s believe in the future! Sorry for posting this here! K
We see Keiko [her fingers] in front of a microphone [presumably preparing to record something…? What else would she be doing together with an audio engineer?] and she is telling us that she has no intention to stop singing.
Most fans who have seen this considered it a soothing balm, a much needed ray of hope. They couldn’t stop thanking him for tweeting that message. So yeah, I guess that’s what it is, hope for the future. Let’s follow Keiko’s advice and believe in what’s to come.
I wonder if we can expect a release from Keiko soon? What kind of release will it be?

#kalafina#news#keiko#yuki kajiura#sound engineer#kalafina's future

@dedeoded Here u go:

View attachment 22856
A life sign from Keiko
For the longest time I wasn’t sure whether I should make a post about this since it was posted on a private account and to be honest, it is pretty vague…but I have gotten a few questions regarding this tweet and people have been desperate to get a life-sign from Keiko (especially after those announcements regarding Hikaru and Wakana). Also, I’ve seen screenshots of this tweet floating around the internet so maybe some of you have come across it already and wondered what it could mean? I thought I’d clarify what’s going on here. And I feel like everyone deserves to know about it.
The above picture is a tweet from YK’s and Kalafina’s Audio Engineer Masayuki. He is employed by S.C.ALLIANCE Inc, the company has worked on pretty much all of Kalafina’s major lives. (He is often seen in the background of Kala-pictures). ⤵
View attachment 22857View attachment 22858
He has a private twitter account so I’d ask all of my followers to respect that privacy (although most long-time fans should have heard of him at some point). At any rate, I just don’t want his account to be spammed with messages and requests…
Long story short, on April 13 (a few hours after Keiko’s departure from Space Craft had been officially announced) he posted this tweet with a message from Keiko.
And yet I will not stop singing! Let‘s believe in the future! Sorry for posting this here! K
We see Keiko [her fingers] in front of a microphone [presumably preparing to record something…? What else would she be doing together with an audio engineer?] and she is telling us that she has no intention to stop singing.
Most fans who have seen this considered it a soothing balm, a much needed ray of hope. They couldn’t stop thanking him for tweeting that message. So yeah, I guess that’s what it is, hope for the future. Let’s follow Keiko’s advice and believe in what’s to come.
I wonder if we can expect a release from Keiko soon? What kind of release will it be?

#kalafina#news#keiko#yuki kajiura#sound engineer#kalafina's future

thank thank you veryyyy much!!!

sure that wouldn't be a karaoke microphone LOL
it's interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
My fangirling life has been under intense earthquakes during March - April (I'm kind of into Johnny's idols too, so yeah), thus I really hope for good news, anything will do (TT___TT)

I don't think anyone knows that.

Kajiura left Spacecraft. Keiko left Spacecraft. That's all.

She is still not announced for vol 14 and the verdict for the trademark is still not out yet so we dont know. But judging by the actions of the other 2 i bet she is probably preparing somethibg solo as well and i wish she ll continue work with Kajiura, kinda how Kaori does.

I just noticed, FicitonJunction is gone from Spacecraft produce too. Only an icon for FJClub remains at the bottom. It's still on the main spacecraft page but if you click on the name it takes you to the Flying Dog page (did FJ ever had a spacecraft page?).
So I guess Yuki got to keep FJ.

I just noticed, FicitonJunction is gone from Spacecraft produce too. Only an icon for FJClub remains at the bottom. It's still on the main spacecraft page but if you click on the name it takes you to the Flying Dog page (did FJ ever had a spacecraft page?).
So I guess Yuki got to keep FJ.

FJ had never had a SpaceCraft page. The FJC icon will probably be gone after the 31st, or when the FJ/Yuki online stores close... :leaf:
I think Yuki will certainly be able to keep the name and her idea of FictionJunction, since she has always owned it (and its rights). What's unclear is whether she can 'use' FJ as before or not, considering copyrights on music performances etc. which may still be in SpaceCraft's hands.

Ooh there seems to be no discussion on copyrights in cpm, or did I miss it? After the quitting news was out, we from the East tried to dig into this matter by researching JASRAC and relevant Japanese laws, but rather than giving us useful information they confused us even more... Of course this is demanding since so little is known about current situations and it may be cleverer to just wait for the future, but I wonder if anyone here can provide some insight~

An interesting find from JASRAC (may not be accurate/true though):
- Yuki is the Right Holder of all her works (OSTs, See-Saw/FJ/Kalafina songs) with one or two exceptions (such as《屋根の向こうに》, a mystery indeed, nothing registered in JASRAC at all), but none of those individual publishing/performing/recording rights is under her name. They are all, at least in JASRAC's records, given to people and companies like Chiaki (for lyrics), NHK, SONY and SpaceCraft.

Does this mean Kajiura-san still has the rights to her works but cannot "use" or perform them freely? I know legal matter is rather confusing and it's hard to explain, but I'm very curious.

It should be the case but I don't know for sure ヽ(´ー` )ノ... Also JASRAC is only one of the organisations that deal with musical copyrights and it's totally up to the Right Holder to decide if he/she lets anyone else handle his/her rights, so there may be some hidden stuff that we can't figure out anyway.

Hopefully this doesn't mean they won't be able to perform Yane again even if they do go back to a trio, that song is gold tier

I wonder if that's the reason why Yane was only performed live once, before 10th Anni, back in ~2012/13 (probably not) :spotlight:.

FJ had never had a SpaceCraft page. The FJC icon will probably be gone after the 31st, or when the FJ/Yuki online stores close... :leaf:
But it was listed there and I still see FictionJunction on the main page (but chances are it's probably outdated now that they re-did the produce page; even though they did remove Yuki immediately v( '')v).

I think Yuki will certainly be able to keep the name and her idea of FictionJunction, since she has always owned it (and its rights).
Has she always owned "FictionJunction"? I mean, she's been with spacecraft since the dawn of time.

What's unclear is whether she can 'use' FJ as before or not, considering copyrights on music performances etc. which may still be in SpaceCraft's hands.

Ooh there seems to be no discussion on copyrights in cpm, or did I miss it? After the quitting news was out, we from the East tried to dig into this matter by researching JASRAC and relevant Japanese laws, but rather than giving us useful information they confused us even more... Of course this is demanding since so little is known about current situations and it may be cleverer to just wait for the future, but I wonder if anyone here can provide some insight~

An interesting find from JASRAC (may not be accurate/true though):
So we know nothing.

- Yuki is the Right Holder of all her works (OSTs, See-Saw/FJ/Kalafina songs) with one or two exceptions (such as《屋根の向こうに》, a mystery indeed, nothing registered in JASRAC at all), but none of those individual publishing/performing/recording rights is under her name. They are all, at least in JASRAC's records, given to people and companies like Chiaki (for lyrics), NHK, SONY and SpaceCraft.
Could you elaborate please? I r confused. How is she of all people the/a "right holder" with nothing under her name? Genuinely asking as I've no real idea how this shit works.

I am so glad I posted here and thank you so much for your questions, Guronti-san! *jumps* I have not visited JASRAC for the past two months or so. I just did because I wanted to take screenshots from the database to give you some answers and, wow, there were a lot of changes in the records…
I have to say I have no real idea how this works either, Grunty, but I’ll try to explain a bit.

Part of what I said yesterday is no longer valid. Taking Yuria#2 and Febronia#2 as examples, these are what we can see from JASRAC now:
j6YWIL9.jpg

lunlpZk.jpg

Two or three months ago, for all OST tracks and other songs and that I looked at,「信託状況」for「梶浦 由記」was「無信託」,「信託状況」for publishers like NHK was「全/部分信託」.

「無信託」can either mean
1. the Right Holder has authorised JASRAC to give all ‘usage’ rights to the publishers, or,
2. the Right Holder has kept all rights to him/herself without letting JASRAC handle them, i.e. those rights are unprotected by JASRAC
A ‘Right Holder (権利者)’, in my understanding, is someone who produced the work in concern. Any JASRAC decisions or usage requests from other companies will need the Right Holder’s approval beforehand. For those other companies like NHK which also have「全/部分信託」under「信託状況」, they are allowed to launch legal actions against copyright-infringers.

Now that Yuki has become「全信託」for her works, this may be a reassurance that she will be able to play with them as she likes.

See-Saw’s また会えるから:
BV081Ev.jpg

「梶浦 由記」was「無信託」, 「石川 千亜紀」has always been「全信託」for lyrics.

Kalafina’s 屋根の向こうに:
RdRm6Jy.jpg

「梶浦 由記」was「無信託」, those 演奏 録音 出版 貸与 ビデオ all had bright red crosses under them.

Back to the very first thing
But it was listed there and I still see FictionJunction on the main page (but chances are it's probably outdated now that they re-did the produce page; even though they did remove Yuki immediately v( '')v).

What I mean is FJ had never had a dedicated spacecraft.co.jp/fj or SC-copyrighted page like some other artists in the company.

Has she always owned "FictionJunction"? I mean, she's been with spacecraft since the dawn of time.

Yes, really since the dawn of time I know… I thought that way because ‘FictionJunction’ has always been stated by Yuki everywhere as her personal unit/production/idea since 1996 (though that’s three years after she joined SC). I admit this may just be my wishful thinking. :bow:

Well okay. Let's take that YURIA#2 since Spacecraft is listed as one of the rightholders next to Kajiura. Kajiura as a composer, Spacecraft as a publisher. Both as we can see are members of JASRAC.

So what does the 演奏/Performance right mean exactly? I tried to google-TL-Fu the help page but it wasn't of much help. The image under 演奏/Performance means that all rights should be managed through JASRAC.

If nothing of the original "recording" (as published through spacecraft) is used in a "performance" (concert to be exact), does spacecraft have anything to say in that or just Kajiura (as the original writer)? And then what about making and releasing a recording of that new live.

There's also the 契約/Contract box which next to spacecraft has "曲"/Song (Melody/Recording/whoknowswhatitreallyis). The description googleTLs to
国内作品において音楽出版者が作詞者のみと契約している場合には「詞」、作曲者のみと契約している場合には「曲」と表示しています。両者と契約のある場合は空欄です。
"Contract" is displayed as "Lyrics" when the music publisher contracts with the lyrics only in the Contract domestic work, and "Song" in the case of contracting with the composer only. If there is a contract with both, it is blank.
"Contracting with composer only"??? What does it actually mean and imply?

Or maybe the changes in the 信託状況/Trust Status box that you pointed out mean that they all figured shit out by now and there's literally nothing more to talk about here.

PS. While I was at it, I checked MADLAX and NOIR OSTs and those have TV Tokyo as publisher, rather than spacecraft. So I guess I should be hitting up TV Tokyo and not just Victor about re-issuing old shit? lol

Dealing with rights is tough.

Perhaps the same applies in here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performing_rights
Performing rights
are the right to perform music in public. It is part of copyright law and demands payment to the music’s composer/lyricist and publisher (with the royalties generally split 50/50 between the two). Public performance means that a musician or group who is not the copyright holder is performing a piece of music live, as opposed to the playback of a pre-recorded song. Performances are considered "public" if they take place in a public place and the audience is outside of a normal circle of friends and family, including concerts, nightclubs, restaurants etc. Public performance also includes broadcast and cable television, radio, and any other transmitted performance of a live song.

Also this~
https://www.copyright.com/blog/music-licensing-public-performance-license-synchronization/

Back