FictionJunction Club member-only lives, January 23 & 31, 2015

I guess I don't know how popular Kajiura is over in Japan. I always assume she's a niche performer over there or something.
She doesn't have a budokan level popularity of course, and it all depends on the supply as well. I don't know how bad this will be yet but I don't expect to be able to grab all 6 lives easily. It being on consecutive days makes all those who are traveling to Tokyo specifically for this to want to grab all 6 performances.

Regardless, I still hope she mixes it up a lot. Her lives have been stagnating a bit for me.
Vol. 11 had a lot of FJ's original songs because the tour was meant to promote the "Elemental" album and was titled as such. No such restrictions for vol. 12!

That being said, I would do anything for her to repeat that Tsubasa medley live performance. I want to hear the Xenosaga II theme again because they seemed like they were having so much fun singing it at HK. My friend is praying for a song of storm and fire to make it because he has never heard it live before. Also, Sayonara Solitaire for me pls :p

^ Kalafina with Yuki Kajiura on keyboards is something that we get too rarely (only the CLUB LIVE at Zepp Tokyo out of what I've seen), but I'd go for quite a lot of tracks that we don't have on any video performances yet.

damn is it their 7th anniversary already? In my mind it's forever their 5th anniversary I swear

that's not what I was getting at. I was merely pointing out that these past two years have flown by, for me at least.

Yes because after the 5th they do every year instead of every 5 lol
If they did every 5 though, there's a possibility that they only celebrate it twice! I really don't see Kalafina lasting that long, much as I would hate for it to end. Hence my concert rushes this year.

I'll post about the cover song Kajiura is teasing on twitter in the YK12 thread.

^ You just need to think of it as a chance for Kajiura to try new things with different singers. Kalafina is already - excluding See-Saw - the most long-lasting jpop project of her, in terms of albums and released songs.

Happy 7th Anniversary to Kalafina.

Here's to another 7! Or let's just be ambitious and say 20! :x

Hope they have a great live tonight.

The impression I get from the girls is that they're very happy and love kalafina. They should be around for at least a few more years.

Ironically, kajiura's less active project, FJ, is the most likely to endure. It doesn't mean she won't change the singers when the time comes. It's just, as a personal pet project, it will last for much longer.

2015年1月23日(金)Kalafina「FictionJunction CLUB 会員限定 Kalafina 7th Anniversary LIVE 2015」TSUTAYA O-EAST セットリスト

2015年1月23日(金) Kalafina

「FictionJunction CLUB 会員限定 Kalafina 7th Anniversary LIVE 2015」
TSUTAYA O-EAST

セットリスト(setlist)

1.believe
2.progressive
3.テトテトメトメ (te to te to me to me)
4.in your eyes
5.fantasia
6.fairytale
7.interlude 01
8.ARIA
9.傷跡 (Kizuato)
10.Eden
11.光の旋律 (Hikari no Senritsu)
12.満天 (Manten)
13.to the beginning
14.in every nothing
15.destination unknown
16.また風が強くなった (Mata Kaze ga Tsuyoku Natta)
17.kyrie
18.音楽 (Ongaku)

アンコール(Encore)

19.oblivious
20.夢の大地 (Yume no Daichi)
source: http://setlistmatome.seesaa.net/article/412851291.html

OMG!!.they performed In every nothing!! I wanna see it! :plz:

How perfect IEN --> DU --> mata kaze grouping would be. Perform it at Bukodan plz

- Why no lapis ;_;
- Progressive yeay!
- no Kimi no Gin no Niwa and Alleluia, huh? Interesting choice of songs.
- So many Hikaru tracks.
- urgh @Eden, HnS, Manten, to the beginning, D.U., Mata Kaze, Kyrie, Ongaku, in your eyes.
- @aki : yes @IEN (don't like it but it's new at least) NO @ Mata Kaze and D.U. for Budokan live. Need more slots for songs that yet to be seen on DVD/BD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes for mata kaze ga because I've never heard it live. That bass should be mind numbingly awesome. :x if only I had a better seat. Orz

I'm actually glad they didn't use alleluia for the last song. It's great and all. I was moved to tears when I first heard it live but it is starting to feel like they're using it everywhere to score emotional points. Too much of alleluia cheapens it. Not that I'm not looking forward to it at budokan.

(YES @ Mata Kaze if they have Nozaki on drums)
Lol.

Trivia for ARIA. It seems that initially, Hikaru was only supposed to sing up to the chorus. But, Kajiura told her to give it a try and so, it became her song.

Interesting setlist actually, good to see In Every Nothing and Tetotetometome on there. Also interesting to see no Heavenly Blue, hopefully they've decided to drop it and won't perform it ever again :knife:. On the other hand, Eden and In Your Eyes aren't exactly what I care about and Believe is garbage. At least they got it out the way early.

I think Hikaru mentioned in her blogpost that it was intended to go back to their KnK era as that's where they started, but in that case why no Sprinter, Seventh Heaven or Kimi ga Hikari?

Such a good setlist... I wish I would see them live one day. Isn't girls wearing HB dresses during the live?
A lot of Hikaru songs - her voice must be in good form. IEN live - finally live performance :shy:

Back