Kalafina Calendar 2015

^
tumblr_ndnimkFQwP1rbrbhqo1_500.jpg

Maybe I'll try to scan mine when it arrives. Pity I'll have to wait years for customs.

Mine shipped today with my giant pile of other merch :plz:. Also £285 poorer between this and other stuff that came out today :@_@::blood:. Mostly Kala stuff though.

It'll likely be here in the UK in a couple days, but then I'll have to wait two weeks or so for customs to mess about with it and charge me :glower:.

As much as I think they look gorgeous in that postcard, they don't look ready. It's like the photographer suddenly said, "Look here, ladies!", snapped the photo when they looked over as instructed, and voila! photoshoot done :XD:Maybe it's the intended effect, but the tilt is also a bit distracting (the photo is not level). And he (the photographer) cut them off at/near their knees (one composition rule of photography is to never cut off people's joints) :leaf:

Sorry about the ramble, I'm a big fan of photography, so... :bow: They still look gorgeous though, they always do (to me) :TdT:

Sad I have no postcard, but my copy arrived (along with the other three pamphlets, the History 5th, Red Moon live, Elemental and a couple singles :love:).

I don't have access to a scanner, but I'll take some photos tomorrow when I have actual light. Aside from the cover and the sample page it's all new material I believe too, it's gorgeous :plz:.

^ That's great to hear! But no postcard... :cry:

Mine actually arrived two days ago (it took roughly 2 weeks by Registered SAL), but my local post office will only deliver it next Monday so I'll have to wait some more. Depending on the size of the calendar (if it fits my printer-scanner), I can scan it too if no one has already done so by the time I get it :V:

^ That's great to hear! But no postcard... :cry:

Mine actually arrived two days ago (it took roughly 2 weeks by Registered SAL), but my local post office will only deliver it next Monday so I'll have to wait some more. Depending on the size of the calendar (if it fits my printer-scanner), I can scan it too if no one has already done so by the time I get it :V:

Surely it only came out a week ago though? Last I heard the release date was the 25th, and that coincided with my order.

OK, took some photos. I'll spoiler them as they're pretty large and people who are waiting for their copies might want to see them first hand without any prior exposure. Overall it's a very good set in my opinion, the girls look absolutely amazing :plz:. April and October are the best in my opinion, although the last three as a set are all stunning. Only one I don't like is September (which coincidentally was the sample page they showed off, seems odd considering it's what I'd class personally as by far the worst photo there) but I can burn it and forget it ever happened live with it.

Cover, obviously. Really nice picture, love the outfits, the hairstyles, everything.
BZ00rvb.jpg

The reverse cover photo, with the layout of the remaining months from 2014. The ones for the individual months in 2015 is exactly the same, just with the one set of dates and larger.
K9rHk7u.jpg

January with Keiko. Love her eyes here, they're gorgeous.
Lq5rIBS.jpg

February with Wakana. Something weirded me out about this photo the first time I saw it, I think it's because of the jewellery addition to her ear making the side of her head look somewhat long at a glance. When I went back to it after an initial look it didn't bug me so much though.
pukRDvT.jpg

March with Hikaru. This is a pretty lovely shot actually, plus it shows off her outfit a lot more than the other girls' in this set. I for one quite like her shorter hair. She looked lovely with long hair and I usually prefer it but it's still long enough to really suit her, in my opinion.
gGMiPfK.jpg

April with a full group shot in these outfits, with a better look at them all this time. I really like these outfits, and I absolutely LOVE this picture, my photograph didn't do justice at all. It looks so serene and wonderful :love:. Probably my favourite photo of the whole calendar.

c7xHX2b.jpg

Time for live photos in May. Not a bad shot, but I reckon they could've chosen a better image. Keiko's not even side-on here and Wakana is covering half of her face with her arm, so it's not that good.
hGGYntl.jpg

June with another super-close-up of Keiko. I'm not sure why she always gets the really close images, it was like this in the 2014 calendar too (as was Hikaru getting all the long shots in her individual photos, with Wakana somewhere in between). Nice smile she's got here. My only issue is for a live photo she's not actually doing much.
N3yfje0.jpg

July with Wakana. I really like this photo. She often strains her face a lot when singing and it makes me worry all the time, but she seems to be fine here.
bmB7Sbw.jpg

August with Hikaru. Interesting choice of photo, seems to capture the moment quite well, plus she's doing that signature hair flick she seems to do a lot when performing live.
EX8LC3x.jpg

September. Ugh. The composition is lovely and the girls look great too, but those outfits really do not work for me. Keiko looks fine, Wakana's top is nice too, but that's it. Hikaru's combination of that little scarf-like top and the corset don't work in my opinion, and her skirt looks like she was wrapped up in bandages like a mummy.

As for Wakana's bottom half... I don't even know :stupidtable: . Whoever decided that was a good idea should be thrown in a lake with concrete shoes, mafia style.
z2djiwC.jpg

October sure makes up for that last image. This would probably be my favourite image if I didn't feel bad for Hikaru and Wakana if I chose a Keiko solo image as the best. This photo is adorable :love:.

ofVDiZJ.jpg

As for November, this is why I'm going to love the last three months of the year. I REALLY LIKE THESE OUTFITS. I was hoping to see more of them since they were used for the cover and I am not disappointed, although I would've liked another group shot. Lovely image of Wakana here, I've always felt she's looked the best of the girls when it comes to this style of outfit, and this further proves my point.

sy4DZqr.jpg

And finishing off the year with Hikaru. She looks great here too, her eyes look amazing especially. Not so sure about the detached sleeves thing, but I can live with it.
tGBgzkm.jpg

Overall I'm really quite pleased with this year's offerings. Interesting that they decided to run with this ratio of solo/group shots, different to last year's ratio. I'm not sure I agree with it as I don't like to single the girls out individually, but what can I do. September's atrocities aside, the outfits this year are far improved I'd say, plus 2014's calendar stuck us with 7/12 months with the same outfits plus the cover, so the extra variety is nice.

Those really are beautiful photos. Sure, one of September's outfits isn't very flattering, but pretty much all of the other ones certainly are.

I kinda wish I'd ordered one too now...

Really thanks for sharing!! They're AMAZING, I can't wait for my copyyyy :nosebleed:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish they had better photographers. What is up with the tilted shots (amateur photography much)? And the terrible poses and positioning?

Ugh. They're beautiful, but they're not models. They might as well go with having all the pictures be concert shots since they're the best of the bunch.

There are some nice shots in the calendars, thanks Sesonreaper for sharing, though the gestalt may be better preserved if there was a colour swatch being considered during the shoot.
Just my two cents :psst:

I like them! I thought there would be some of the Red and Blue dresses in there, but I guess not. I agree about September with Season, Keiko is okay, the others are weird. Hikaru looks like something out of Little House on the Prairie while Wakana's was just thrown together. Her skirt is weird too, all bunched up, with the weird ruffle thing on the side. I prefer Hikaru's skirt over hers. Still, the others are nice. The black ones are great, and I usually like their black outfits. Thanks for sharing, I hope to get one for Christmas or I will have to order it.

Back