Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

^again? This isn't f/z lol. But since I loved Overfly I have high expectations for this new ED

^I think he meant because Yuki is doing the music for the show as well. :) Really can't wait. Lots of new music to look forward to.

^ Ι said it because Yuki composed her first single's song (sora wa takaku) while she was doing the music for the show too, so I cant see why it couldnt happen now too. Dont forget that in elcazador de la bruja she has done string and chorus arrangement for the OP (savage genius's Hikari no Yukue).

^Yeah, that's what I meant by that. And I wouldn't actually mind if savage genius did the opening, unless they are by a different label. It would still be cool. Them or fripSide. (But of course I want Kalafina the most)

I hope Kajiura is involved, that's the only way I can stand that girl, at least the music will be interesting... Well, I kinda of like her voice, but her live performance makes me sleep... (please FJ version of sora wa takaku)

savage genius would be welcome, though!

Yukito said:
(please FJ version of sora wa takaku)
why did you have to plant that wish in my mind

EDIT: and now I want a FJ version of it with a Kore-chan arrangement instead of Sorao Mori #wishfulthinking

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.swordart-online.net/news/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-17/anime-expo-to-host-sword-art-online-ii-premiere-event-with-reki-kawahara-abec

The United States premiere screening event will be held at Anime Expo in Los Angeles on July 4. Original light novel author Reki Kawahara and illustrator and character designer abec will be in attendance.

Additionally, the website confirmed that Crunchyrollwill stream the series starting on July 5.

The other world premiere events include:

• Japanese premiere: June 29 at TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Hills
  • French premiere: July 4 at Japan Expo
  • German premiere: July 4 in various Cinemaxx and Cinedom theaters
  • Taiwanese premiere: July 4 at Cinemark Taipei
  • Korean premiere: July 4 at Megabox Dongdaemun
  • Hong Kong premiere: July 4 at MCL Telford Cinema
The series will stream in China on LeTV, in Taiwan on i-funtv, and in French-speaking countries (France, Switzerland, Belgium, Algeria, Monaco, Tunisia, and in Quebec, Canada) on Wakanim. The show will also stream "in German-speaking countries" (Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, and Austria, but also Poland) on Peppermint.TV. Daisuki will stream the series in the rest of Europe. Additionally, the show will air in Korea on the cable TV station Aniplus and will also air in Thailand and Singapore on cable TV.

Its great that Aniplex finally realised that they are only loosing money when they chase fansubbers and expect the fans to only buy the anime BDs afterwards.

Last edited:
^ same opinion, but maybe swordland is the theme of the whole series since the whole series is "Sword Art Online" and not just the first game, and there will be different theme for the GGO world (or at least that's what I wish for)

thank you!

I don't have high expectation from this OST so swordland rearrangement doesn't surprise me. Although, george's opinion on Swordland could be the main theme of the whole 'Sword Art Online' series is valid too.

Either way, the show doesn't interest me any more after the first season. Maybe I'll watch it for Kajiura again and if the animation improves (god there were so many still frames during action sequences).

Since I hate harem anime, SAO is bleh to me. But at least GGO is better than that one where they are all elves. Maybe I'll give it a try.

lol, not all were elve in ALO, just Kirito, Leafa, and Asuna, the others joined at the last episode and in the extra XD. The plot is indeed much better in GGO, unless that director finds a way to ruin it again...

^I am hoping that with all the comments on how the music was used in the first series, they will make it better in this one. I did enjoy the first part of SAO, the 2nd not so much, although I did love the ending. heh This looks more like a Madlax/El Cazador anime so I am excited for it.

Aoi Eir's song (OP) will be titled "Ignite" and will be released August 20, 2014, while Haruna Luna's (ED) will be titled "Startear" and will be released August 20 as well.
http://www.swordart-online.net/news/
「ソードアート・オンラインⅡ」主題歌情報詳細公開!!
7月より放送開始となる「ソードアート・オンラインⅡ」の主題歌情報詳細を解禁しました。

≪オープニングテーマ≫
藍井エイル「IGNITE」

藍井エイルの7枚目のシングルは、パワフルな歌声と疾走感溢れるメロディが
絡み合う力強いロックチューン!!

7thシングル 
「IGNITE」
TVアニメ『ソードアート・オンラインⅡ』オープニングテーマ
2014年8月20日(水)発売

■初回生産限定盤(初回盤):CD+DVD(SECL1552-1553)¥1,600(税込)
■初回仕様限定盤(通常盤):CD(SECL1554)¥1,300(税込)
■期間生産限定盤(アニメ盤):CD+DVD(SECL1555-1556)\1,600(税込)

[公式HP]www.aoieir.com

≪エンディングテーマ≫
春奈るな「Startear」

「Overfly」で切なくも力強い歌声を聴かせてくれた春奈るなの最新シングルが完成!
今作「Startear」でも包み込むような優しさと内に秘めた強さを表現した歌に仕上がっている。

5thシングル 
「Startear」
TVアニメ『ソードアート・オンラインⅡ』エンディングテーマ
2014年8月20日(水)発売

■初回生産限定盤(初回盤):CD+DVD(SECL1557-1558)¥1,600(税込)
■初回仕様限定盤(通常盤):CD(SECL1559)¥1,300(税込)
■期間生産限定盤(アニメ盤):CD+DVD(SECL1560-1561)¥1,600(税込)

[公式HP]www.harunaluna.jp

Anyway, I don't like the rearranged version of swordland. Flute is too 'traditional' to be used for a Gun-MMORPG-anime like this. Now I kinda agree with Hatouchan because Kajiura doesn't seem to show any excitement for this show. Totally different with Madoka Magica and Hanako to Anne where Kajiura shows her interest on those animes and she did a good job on making the soundtracks. Apparently she's even more interested in Aldnoah Zero based on her tweets. Hope for a decent OST flattens into zero now.

Plus I think that Swordland was only used again for the cm because like other people have said, it's the overall theme for SAO and since it's somewhat related, that's why they used it. (Maybe it was left over from SAO and wasn't used in the show.) It's only a 14 second clip, so anything is still possible.

Back