Kalafina single "Believe" 19/11/2014

This expanded version is nice. It's a little repetitive towards the end and some of the transitions are a bit jarring but it's nice. I hope the full version isn't just a repeat of the first verse.

Why would they release this version at all if it wasn't intended to be the full version? I doubt they'd make, record and edit a false version and then switch it up for release. Admittedly it sounds like they just had a hole and didn't know how to fill it so just chucked an exact replica of the intro section in, but I reckon this is what we're stuck with. Also I think that transition from the bridge into the repeat starting segment is single-handedly making the song irredeemable for me. Every time I think 'oh, this isn't so bad' that bit happens and it breaks everything.

Why would they release this version at all if it wasn't intended to be the full version? I doubt they'd make, record and edit a false version and then switch it up for release. Admittedly it sounds like they just had a hole and didn't know how to fill it so just chucked an exact replica of the intro section in, but I reckon this is what we're stuck with. Also I think that transition from the bridge into the repeat starting segment is single-handedly making the song irredeemable for me. Every time I think 'oh, this isn't so bad' that bit happens and it breaks everything.
This version is only 4:21. Isn't the full version officially listed as being 4:49?

Goodness, that middle part! Good luck to Wakana singing it live, it sounds rather high and difficult...Ganbatteeee! I belieeeve in you! :cheer:

(I love how you can work the song name into anything you say XD)

This version is only 4:21. Isn't the full version officially listed as being 4:49?

It is, yes. On the other hand it also cuts off abruptly at the end. I'd say there's a considerable chance that it has some added stuff at the end of the song to give it a proper close rather than any alterations earlier on.

^ Most likely another refrain, something like HB.

Overall sense: not too bad! Although the middle bridge part needs some more listens. Feels Misterioso-ish, which I don't exactly like. But the other 2 parts and the music part is fine, really good even.

"this" version is indeed the full version minus the last 28 seconds of the song that I suspect was broadcasted in their Kalafina-Club Radio Programme. It was cut on 4:21 maybe because of the duration of the programme. So it's not a "special extended version of the TV ver." or whatever. the last 28 seconds would likely be instrumental with kajiurago ending, I assume.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I agree with ritardando. I do BELIEVE its the full version and they cut the last 28 seconds because of timing issues with the radio show. The song is not bad. IT seems like the kind of song that will grow on you after a while.

^It has grown on me. While Wakana is a bit weak, I think her singing style fits the song, and she might deliver it well Live. I really am liking it more and more with each listen. And yes, that is not the full ending, since I have heard only maybe one song by Yuki that has an abrupt ending. heh

This expanded version is nice. It's a little repetitive towards the end and some of the transitions are a bit jarring but it's nice. I hope the full version isn't just a repeat of the first verse.

They dont make many version of a song, the full version will be exactly what you hear in this + 28 seconds to the end (strings and chorus to end the song), and nothing else.

1. believe (04:49) [the one they air in Kalafina radioshow is 4;21, and the intro starts when Hikaru sytarts talking, and not when she stops so you should count that in.]
@grunty: If you listen carefull there is chorus ar the end, at the last 2-3 secs.

This absent transition between TV-size and Keiko makes me think of the possibility that Kajiura fell asleep while writing the song on her desk at night, and the next morning continued and forgot to add the transition - its this much strange that is the only way I can explain it, since in the Keiko part changes everything, the instruments playing, the melody and the speed of the song, so what the.. :XD:

Last edited:
Look at me~ Not being able to listen to the full version for another month~ so happy~

The longer version sounds really great. The song's structure is reminiscent of misterioso, and I love how the song changes from Keiko's part. At this moment I'm loving it more than Heavenly Blue.
Truly, never judge an anime song from the TV-size version. XD Really can't wait for the full song.

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/kalafina/profile/

Wakana
rkqwk6.jpg

Keiko
zo9q8o.jpg

Hikaru
296d8jt.jpg

----------------------------------
Original ver. of Keiko, LOL
33c3ij7.jpg

This absent transition between TV-size and Keiko makes me think of the possibility that Kajiura fell asleep while writing the song on her desk at night, and the next morning continued and forgot to add the transition - its this much strange that is the only way I can explain it, since in the Keiko part changes everything, the instruments playing, the melody and the speed of the song, so what the.. :XD:

I like that theory , because I can imagine Yuki totally doing that XD I really like the full version! It's a pleasant surprise and I do appreciate and like the change- though Keiko's random bit while lovely while take a while to get used to XD. As people have said, it's heavenly blue with a TTB layout! 80% sure to buy this! :sohappy:

I'm still buying it. I want those b-sides and I'm sure those will be worthwhile.

Also I'm loving the imagery of the single. Just sucks that the title track is one of the rare few Kala songs I don't like at all. The most worrying thing is that it's happened twice in a row and I'm going to hope that it's just a blip and they won't continue to disappoint in the future. It's not gonna stop me loving them for what they've done so far, in fact I just bought more stuff yesterday :ayashii:.

@Smoshes my net speed isn't fast enough to listen to audio or watch videos on the internet until it refreshes, and it refreshes in a month

Sorry for the double post, but out of sheer luck I got to listen to the full version, I really like it, especially's Wakana's part. Keiko's part is nice to listen to, and I love the violin at the end. But where's the famous kajiurago everyone's talking about? Still love the guitar.

^It's the part in the beginning and after the rising part where it goes Keiko-Hikaru-Wakana, I think., it goes back to the beginning pretty much and then the second verse.

I think I agree with George, that it is weird transition, but I think I said before that she switched that part with the ending, since the end of it sounds like an instrumental bridge, and when Keiko starts is supposed to be the end. heh

I have just listened to Believe from Ep2 only once.. I notice that the reasons that many people here don't like the song are the melody and arrangement..., but I found that it's quite fine for me. (Melody-wise, worse than Heavenly Blue (it still have that awesome Hikaru's verse), arrangement-wise, sounds more smooth than TTB&HB) My bigger problem is Wakana's weak&shaky voice as Kirito pointed out. (He may be the only one complaining on Wakana's voice in this song...? at least from what I've read so far...) As well as the heavy filter they put on Wakana&Hikaru voice...which I really don't like..=____=". (I don't like filtered Hikaru's voice in Heavenly Blue as well.) I haven't had any sound device with me now..lol. Will try the (almost) full version at home. It may change my mind then. The b-side tracks sound promising. It's likely that I'll buy this single though...:).

Back