Kalafina single "Believe" 19/11/2014

Wow, Kalafina's blog design changed...

fma2yjm5m9vc232fg.jpg

They can do better on the header :spotlight:

I suspect they record this song in one take (as in sing the whole song in one take) because Wakana's vocal (because she's the main vocal for the most part) gets sloppier and her breathing becomes more audible as the song progresses, as if it's a live performance.

Kagaribi: Nah, I said she was weak before, not shaky, since she's done that in other songs, like misterioso, but I said it kind of fits. Especially the second verse, where it's all quiet during her part in the beginning, which I really like.

At least in misterioso her breathing is even throughout the song. On this, her breathing is really audible and the pause in between the lyrics is really noticeable.

Anyway I hope the other two songs will have more Keiko and Hikaru, and less Wakana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only the one who's found the similarities between Believe and Heavenly Blue, Misterioso, To the Beginning (and Eternal Blue) blatantly obvious? Esp. HB, even the violin during Wakana's parts in HB feels the same! (listen to 1:00-1:30 of both HB and believe)

I hum the pre-chorus to believe and then I start humming the heavenly blue or to the beginning chorus. this is weird?

Kagaribi: Nah, I said she was weak before, not shaky, since she's done that in other songs, like misterioso, but I said it kind of fits. Especially the second verse, where it's all quiet during her part in the beginning, which I really like.
I may not notice that, my fault...:desksweat:. In fact, I don't like the way that she sounds 'weaker' in the second verse because it made the whole verse sounds weaker and not much connected with the other more energetic parts. I guess that it's a matter of preference then. :...:

I hum the pre-chorus to believe and then I start humming the heavenly blue or to the beginning chorus. this is weird?
I'm with you..lol. Feel like that since Heavenly Blue. (I did mention it somewhere..., not sure whether in cpm or my facebook..lol, that I started humming 'Kirei na tsuki no akari ga...' when the chorus in HB starts..lol.) Heavenly Blue pre-chorus is so similar to TTB pre-chorus, and Believe pre-chorus is also similar to Heavenly Blue pre-chorus but not much similar to TTB pre-chorus.

I've listened to the full version already. I didn't hear that 'heavily-filtered' sound as much as I mentioned before...may be the problem lies in the anime clip that I watched..O_O.

I love the intro. After repeated the track for a while, I think that Wakana's second verse and chorus remind me a lot of Heavenly Blue. But I prefer the melody here to in Heavenly Blue. (May be the same way as some feel that Eternal Blue is so similar to PH and Toki no, but still prefer Eternal Blue..lol.) I feel like we haven't had this kind of long bridge in Kalafina song for a while... I think it's too long, not outstanding and quite forgettable bridge though.

In term of the arrangement, I didn't feel that Keiko's verse comes to sudden. It's weird to think that there is no instrumental gap between that two parts, but if I didn't keep that point in mind, it doesn't sound much weird. The whole song didn't much repetitive IMO.

Another thing that I've just thought of is the song 'Lapis'. As George pointed out, it means stone/jewel. Is it possible that it may be an insert song related to Rin? :confu: Since Rin&Tohsaka family use jewels in their magic. (Just my guess...O_o.)

The ending of heavenly blue actually reminds me of the ending of adore

^And the beginning it sounds a bit like it. But yes the strings are the only similar parts in my opinion.

And I still don't see the similarity between ttb and these two songs. I just don't. Maybe the strings again, but ttb is at a different tempo than both songs, especially believe. ttb is probably my favorite out of the three, if we are still comparing them. But believe is growing on me still.

For those of who sing the HB while listening to believe, again, they are outrageously similar at those particular time points! Yuki probably said to herself "oh this may be so popular that it can cover two anime shows if I tweak it just a little." Anyway I'll wait for the b sides.

Did a piano cover of Believe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyLnoGoIXo

Some thoughts after listening to the full version:
-Amazing intro
-Wakana's singing improved 10X from the 1st verse to the rest of the song
-Keiko part came out of nowhere
-IMO, they should've have put that part before the second verse at the end.
-Guitar was great first time, but sounded out of place the second time, think they should've gone straight to second verse
-Is it just me, or did Wakana sound stronger in the second verse
-dat ending

Last edited by a moderator:
^Nice! It's really well done. You should put it in the creative corner thread and introduce yourself as well. I am Liana!

I guess the drumming in TTB is a little like HB, but believe I don't see the similar parts. Maybe the Kajiurago, but other than that.

amazon updated with the Anime edition tracklist has has only the song and the instrumental (I guess the TV size was too rushed to release it ?) so i guess its official now ?

Actually, there was no update there. That's the tentative tracklisting that's been there from almost the start. (And all other shops.) I really don't know why they aren't updating it.

PS. Rin selling believe. Anime edition is the highest ranked version of believe on amazon.

^
Anime Edition with the anime character cover has always been more popular since they've been releasing AE instead of only RE and LE, guronti-kun :)

The AE for Kagayaku Sora is also more popular than the RE/LE. Anyway yeah other than that it's all Madoka and Fate for Kalafina.

Just listened to the tv size again and I agree with George, it does not compare to the full version. It doesn't feel rushed to me, just incomplete and ends abruptly. Gah still almost a month until it comes out! I can't wait that long!

Back