Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [standalone OST March 27/2024, UBW/HF concert on 21-22/9/24]

Kondo is the Sound Director. Director of the project is Tomonori Sudou, the guy who did Mirai Fukuin.

Just saw in Wikipedia (the page for YK) that the 2nd HF movie will be titled Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel II. lost butterfly

Kowz is going to the L.A. premiere this Friday? Unless you mean a CD release, in which case I'm sure that's a wait for Blu-rays (since it wasn't released already like SAO).

I'm sure it's just going to be strings strings strings strings piano strings strings strings gitaaa riff strings strings... I mean what else can she do with this setting considering Fate/Zero. Hope you still have fun tho.

I'm not expecting anything new tbh, just hopefully something well composed. It's also a different sound director soo mite b cool.

I am back!

The movie was pretty good. There wasn't much music though. I think less than 20 tracks, or at least it felt that way.

As expected nothing new, but it sounded well composed and fits the movie bretty good. The most "experimental" track was a battle theme with koto and e. guitar. I'll just type down a few details since I'm sleepy.
Singers: Kasahara, Remi, Yuriko.
-Main theme from Zero was used for scenes related to zero.
-Hana no Uta verse and pre-refrain melodies are leitmotifs.
-The strings melody from PV 2 (right after Yuriko's part) seems to be Shiro's theme. Also, the aggressive chanting from the end of PV 2 wasn't used in the movie.
-Remi song from PV 1 was not used in the movie. It was instrumental instead. The arrangement from PV 2was used for movie 2 teaser.
-The intro credits (is it still intro if it played like 20 minutes into the movie? hue) has a bretty good dark song by Kasahara.
-Barely any ambiance tracks.
-Battle themes sounded pretty good from what I could hear. The sound effects from the fights were pretty loud.

How long was the movie even?

Edit: Some other review said it was 2hours long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the aggressive chanting from the end of PV 2 wasn't used in the movie.
-Remi song from PV 1 was not used in the movie. It was instrumental instead. The arrangement from PV 2was used for movie 2 teaser.

NOOOoo why ? :cry:

Finally someone else other than Remi / Kalafina >_< :sohappy:

there's that piece just about to get juicier it fades. hehe Kajiura is aging huh. like her hair a lot, it suits her.

"I think I want an overture here instead" haha so lovely:)))

For whatever reason I liked that bit after she asks for an "overture" (whatever the fuck she meant there I don't even). It starts like quite a few themes of hers so I was expecting the usual but instead it continued with some circulating which was nice.

Edit:
Kajiura: "and if the music goes back and forth too much that would kill the rhythm" [of the scene/conversation]
5 seconds later: "but this time there was a lot of back and forth"
I lold.

Also the live version of Hana no Uta is better than Kajiura's strings arrange, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
We only got a small bit of it though! I want to see all of it! Is the chorus slower? How did she do there? *sigh* But thanks for sharing! Yuki does not look too much older, but yeah, we all get older. heh I like her hair as well. She has had it short for awhile now, like Hikaru. I am looking forward to this soundtrack and the movies too, of course. Hoping for some awesome battle music and not just the main themes from the F/Z. But from what I've heard I like so I am down!

Aimer sounds more or less how I expected her to. But it was a nice arrangement :dote:

"I think I want an overture here instead" haha so lovely:)))
That is so Kajiura :XD:

And I don't know about you guys but this is the first time I've heard any of the OST and I'm really looking forward to it now. Maybe I'm just a sucker for strings, but I loved the little bit we heard in it :love:

Back