Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [part III: Spring Song > Now screening]

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
Just wait 2-3 weeks or watch the cam rip... :p
I guess I'm more excited for Alicization OST3 in 3-4 weeks, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

grunty

Yea, I was, lulz. Though I guess Fate will come fast.

Also, damn I don't think I realized how dry those choirs sounded in the movie.

strings strings strings strings

grunty

I guess. But I hate those choirs in general so don't really know if reverb would've made me feel different about it, lol.

PS. To stay hyped for another week here's that 'the flower will bloom + she did not answer' edit from last year again. I still prefer these strings with Kahasara over lost butterfly ones.
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!FgQERaSB!uE50tECd6WCALbLuAYep6TB5GpNsDux_WfrAkh7zWSI
"feel"

george1234

Some sweet candies was probably the most inspired track out of the samples. Glad Kajiura is still able to use the kalafina song melodies like in one of the bgms there.

wat11

Sailor Yuki
what he has believed = to the beginning haha yeah it's a nice touch

eh this will be a pass for me most likely.

use of tokyo konsei is terrible.

and what the hell is "Despair and hope" ? the arrangement is all over the place...

Kajiura (or whoever else chooses the titles) should expand her vocabulary, keeps using the same words again and again.
I have been saying that for a couple years now I think :(

LianaIlia36

She rules the battlefield lol I love Rule the Battlefield it is probably my fave track from the Fate/zero ost but if it's going to be similar I would prefer a new track. *sigh* but we shall see. I am looking forward to it though, hoping for more music tracks other than sound effects and ambiance tracks.

Justisamuel

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
She rules the battlefield lol I love Rule the Battlefield it is probably my fave track from the Fate/zero ost but if it's going to be similar I would prefer a new track.
There's no track like that in the movie. I think it will be a short introduction with Choirs (certainly the track when Alter appears).

grunty

I can't with she is her Hero... I just can't...

So far it really almost feels like SAO movie. Random short bursts of music among sfx or slowstrings... which also happen to be short lol.

And yes, still think presage flower version of Kasahara's track > lost butterfly one. I know some thought the old one was v random and chaotic but I think it is this one that has zero flow.

V unconventional Kajiura @ he still can't choose his future. inb4 someone links another Kajiura track that is exactly this. lol.

Dang he goes,she goes... Caught me by surprise lol. Too bad it's not even a track...

she rules the battlefield... lol... I don't know... when that drum kicked in with the choir I laughed...

Wtf is going on with that reverb on the choir in He comes back again and again. That's some artistic choice... lol...

Nightmare tracks are cool like I remembered.

gloomy tension seems like it was done the day before Ocean Turtle from Alicization lol.

Oshi... the beginning of the end...

Love the sound of An invitation from the old man's first part. And I like I beg you strings in these last tracks.

Justisamuel

Yuki Kajiura brings so much to the atmosphere but listening to this soundtrack separately is so boring.
Many tracks (should I even call it like that ?) should have been fused in order to make one coherent track.

So disappointed by "He comes back again and again", the live version was 12 times better.
- First, the drums were way louder and nearly bombastic
- Then, Hitoshi Konno's solo violin was way more expressive than an army of strings
- And FictionJunction Choirs were really better than Tokyo Konsei, so much more reverb and at the same time you could listen distinctly to each vocal range.

Overall I like this soundtrack because I'm in the epic stuff, but I'm disappointed that YK pays more attention to others shows like SAO, while Fate's lore is way more complex and the franchise is an essential pillar in Japanese anime industry.

grunty

Yuki Kajiura brings so much to the atmosphere but listening to this soundtrack separately is so boring.
Many tracks (should I even call it like that ?) should have been fused in order to make one coherent track.
While I agree - I'm glad there's a movie version of the OST available. They can do that if they do a standalone Music Collection for Heaven's Feel.

Justisamuel

While I agree - I'm glad there's a movie version of the OST available. They can do that if they do a standalone Music Collection for Heaven's Feel.
Yeah, I'm waiting for this 20 min length tracks collection. LOL. I live in a candy land, just like our dear Heaven's Feel protagonist.

grunty

So yeh, finally finished.

I think this OST was an experiment for YK. There were so many passages when I went "well okay then, miss Kajiura..." On the flipside of this, there's also so much cheese, lol. Still, gotta applaud trying new things, eh? We'll see how that goes into spring song.

Justisamuel

So yeh, finally finished.

I think this OST was an experiment for YK. There were so many passages when I went "well okay then, miss Kajiura..." On the flipside of this, there's also so much cheese, lol. Still, gotta applaud trying new things, eh? We'll see how that goes into spring song.
Not bad but for me it's more like she didn't want to do he job completely. The same melody comes back again and again (no joke intended) and most of the tracks end abruptly, or are so inconsistent...

grunty

Not bad but for me it's more like she didn't want to do he job completely.
Well I can't comment on this because I've not seen the movie yet. I only have some idea after skipping through the cam for the OST 6 months ago...